Can't Add Bank To Paypal - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-14-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default Re: Can't Add Bank To Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Did you give them that 16 CC digit?
Yes i did

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-14-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
They want a Credit card number? That doesn't make sense.

All your info in the paypal are valid? you have a VCC and phone number, email etc?
They ask for verification...
Old 03-14-2019

Longevity: 69%

Here is the transcript of chat with PP customer support before i ring them

Me: why i cant withdraw money to bank account?

CS: I understand the problem and will be happy to help you. Let me check what happened why you can't withdraw the funds to your bank.

CS: What's the error message when you try to transfer the funds to your bank?

Me: it says we cant complete this right now

CS: It shows that the option for you to transfer funds to your bank is temporarily blocked by our internal security system since you stared using your account after being inactive for a while. In this case, it's best to have it resolve better by speaking to you directly so we can conduct additional verification process that cannot be discussed via Chat. Please give us a call at 1xxxx xx . I can guarantee that once you passed the security process, you will be able to transfer the funds to your bank.

After that i rang them, gave 16 digits cc number and they told to wait and re-try again in next 24 hours
Old 03-14-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 72%

I initially thought this was a security block on accounts that have already had a bank account linked in the past and then removed (had several accounts like this)

Then today I tried adding a fresh bank to accounts that have never had a bank linked and have had 2/4 get the "sorry cant process this request right now" error message.

I've been trying to add bank accounts on the first set of accounts since late January and have called in on a few of them. Wait 48 hours and try again is always the response I get from reps.

Paypal call centers must be swamped. Confirm your info or transfer money to bank lol... more like confirm your info or we're seizing your funds that you cant withdraw. Smells like a class action lawsuit.
Old 03-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

I agree, if too many people can't get their money, they are going to be swamped with lawsuits as they are a money transmitter and there are specific laws in place to prevent them holding money past a given time frame.
Old 03-14-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
I agree, if too many people can't get their money, they are going to be swamped with lawsuits as they are a money transmitter and there are specific laws in place to prevent them holding money past a given time frame.
Hopefully the increase in calls and lots of angry customers will get them to remove this new bogus security feature. I've been doing stealth for 6 years now and this has been the biggest pain in the ass in my entire experience.
Old 03-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyjump View Post
I
Then today I tried adding a fresh bank to accounts that have never had a bank linked and have had 2/4 get the "sorry cant process this request right now" error message.
hmm interesting. Anything you can find in common with these accounts that are giving you a problem adding your first bank?

Did you make these accounts yourself or buy them from a seller on here?
Old 03-15-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercom12 View Post
I rang them about why i cant withdraw balance and they said it was security feature, and they can give me an option to resolve it and then CS asked me to give the info of 16 digits CC (attached on that paypal account, i previous verified that account with CC), they said the info was needed to "unlocked" that security feature
I've been asked to provide that on an account some years back. It just serves as a security measure to ensure that you are the real account holder where you should be able to provide that info.
Old 03-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%

These "security measures" are just more of a pain in the ass.

Most of today's customers who use mobile (e.g. Millennials) tend to have less tolerance for this type of B.S. and will just start using other platforms to send money. Then again, it comes down to the reason someone is using PayPal to begin with. Most of us here are using it to sell and collect money from eBay. Other users are just using it mostly for P2P payments, or to pay for items.

The larger question is do these "security measures" effect everyone, or just people who's main source of funds is from eBay or other marketplace payments?
Old 03-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodeal View Post
hmm interesting. Anything you can find in common with these accounts that are giving you a problem adding your first bank?

Did you make these accounts yourself or buy them from a seller on here?
No differences that I can tell.
Old 03-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
These "security measures" are just more of a pain in the ass.

Most of today's customers who use mobile (e.g. Millennials) tend to have less tolerance for this type of B.S. and will just start using other platforms to send money. Then again, it comes down to the reason someone is using PayPal to begin with. Most of us here are using it to sell and collect money from eBay. Other users are just using it mostly for P2P payments, or to pay for items.

The larger question is do these "security measures" effect everyone, or just people who's main source of funds is from eBay or other marketplace payments?
Good point... and it is odd that no one is having problems adding cards... which most people use to pay on Paypal with.
Old 03-15-2019

Longevity: 57%

These quick security checks have been a disaster for me, as I've been trying to add new banks to several accounts...I added new numbers to these accounts, hopefully it updates and allows me to receive the text code sooner than later, but its looking like weeks. I've never experienced such a terribly annoying issue in all of my 5+ years doing stealth.
The Following User Says Thank You to pastrami_on_rye For This Useful Post:
supernova (05-04-2019)
Old 03-15-2019

Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,333 Posts
Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by intercom12 View Post
I had different problem, added bank account easily but when i tried to withdraw money, error message come up:
"We can't process your request right now"

Call paypal and they ask full cc card number, and they ask 24 hours to re-try

Still no luck
In future, please open your own thread. You've made the entire thread a mishmash.

There's the OP trying to get advice because his US PayPal isn't allowing him to add a bank.

Then you've come along with a UK PayPal query, that you cannot withdraw.
Old 03-15-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%

Paypal likes you to link a credit card to protect itself,if any transction goes bad ,Paypal would just charge your credit card.
it is not uncommon you buy something and want to use your bank fund,if you have a credit card on file,PAYPAL actually funds your purchase ASAP and then collect the fund from your bank account via ACH which could take 1-2 days.
Lets say the purchase is for $100 and you have $100 in your bank account,but you go to an ATM and withdraw that $100,by the time ACH reaches your bank account,you dont have $100.
So Paypal will charge your cc ,if it happens often,then it will disable your bank account,deeming it a poor choice for payment.
Sometimes,you have fund in your account,but due to some technical glitch,Paypal or rather Paypal's bank cannot complete the transaction in a timely manner.
There are other reasons to have your cc,if you have a negative balance and ignor Paypal request to bring it to neutral,one day you decide to use your Paypal account to buy something using your credit card linked,Paypal can by law piggyback your negative balance with your purchase and charge your credit card.
It is perfectly legal for Paypal to do so.
Old 03-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

The not able to add a bank, is a security feature of some sort. I have a few accounts that are like this.. In fact, i have one that has an old bank on it, i went to add a new one to withdraw some of the money and it wouldn't let me. I usually seed new accounts up to 1000$ before adding a non vba, because i wanna make sure all lasts ok. The good news, is this new debit card withdraw feature will save you in the long run. On that account. i couldn't add a bank, so i added a debit card. i even added a new address and then said fk it and withdrew all 6k at once, and it put it in a 72 hour hold, 3 days later at the exact moment, it was credited to my bank.

So long story short, if bank won't add. TRY to add debit card, those usually work. I've never had it decline me from adding a debit card. I usually do not use my checking debit cards. I'm in the process of requesting new cards and pins right now lol, because i know this will be a good solution to vba accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
supernova (05-04-2019)
Old 03-15-2019

Thanked 1,098 Times in 1,034 Posts
Activity: 88%

it has to be a bank issued debit card,not all debit cards can be used for instant trnsfer,there is also a small fee involved
Old 03-15-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
The not able to add a bank, is a security feature of some sort. I have a few accounts that are like this.. In fact, i have one that has an old bank on it, i went to add a new one to withdraw some of the money and it wouldn't let me. I usually seed new accounts up to 1000$ before adding a non vba, because i wanna make sure all lasts ok. The good news, is this new debit card withdraw feature will save you in the long run. On that account. i couldn't add a bank, so i added a debit card. i even added a new address and then said fk it and withdrew all 6k at once, and it put it in a 72 hour hold, 3 days later at the exact moment, it was credited to my bank.

So long story short, if bank won't add. TRY to add debit card, those usually work. I've never had it decline me from adding a debit card. I usually do not use my checking debit cards. I'm in the process of requesting new cards and pins right now lol, because i know this will be a good solution to vba accounts.
I can see that working on one account (that's in your name)

But when you say change the address you mean on Paypal's end right? What if you have a few accounts you wanted to do this with?
Old 04-01-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 45%

Quote:

This is great useful info but I don't think it will work with multiple stealth accounts.
Old 05-04-2019

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
So do you use your actual checking debit cards that you have received from your individual bank’s checking accounts?

And if you’re able to link that debit card to your PayPal, does that money transfer to your checking account or debit card?
(Would your debit card have a positive + balance?)