banned because of a agent fabrication on my account - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 43%
Default Re: banned because of a agent fabrication on my account

You belong on Etsy!

Handmade items and your Dragon Ball works would definitely be welcome there.

Etsy is a different marketplace than eBay/Amazon. They actually will welcome your items with open arms. You should seriously look into that.

Your goal is not to become wealthy, but to make enough money to be comfortable. Be fortunate that we have the Internet at this time of our lives that makes working from anywhere possible.

One of the cornerstones of this forum is to help others achieve that dream.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Longevity: 0%

Paypal responds to the BBB complaint and guess what? BBB sent the complaint to the wrong people and PayPal yet again finds a way to avoids dealing with me.

Your concerns to the Better Business Bureau were forwarded to PayPal Credit's Executive Escalations office for review and response.

Upon review, we have determined your complaint is not against PayPal Credit, your complaint is with PayPal. Although PayPal Credit is owned by PayPal, we are separate companies with separate response procedures.
Although we were unable to address your specific concerns in this contact, we offer our sincere apologies for the difficulty that you have experienced.

Very sincerely yours,

Andy
PayPal Credit Executive Escalations
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

PayPal Credit is a separate product than has nothing to do with "PayPal" itself.

Did you select "PayPal Credit" as the company name when you filed the BBB complaint?

Anyway, respond to the BBB case and DO NOT agree to close it; you might need to call BBB to have them re-submit it.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
You belong on Etsy!

Handmade items and your Dragon Ball works would definitely be welcome there.

Etsy is a different marketplace than eBay/Amazon. They actually will welcome your items with open arms. You should seriously look into that.

Your goal is not to become wealthy, but to make enough money to be comfortable. Be fortunate that we have the Internet at this time of our lives that makes working from anywhere possible.

One of the cornerstones of this forum is to help others achieve that dream.
Eventually Etsy was my goal but I have to build up funds and inventory of my handcrafted works before I go there. That is why I was getting my eBay and PayPal established. I want to buy and sell things I don't craft to buy more supplies to further my crafting.

That's awesome that I found a forum who lives to help people get their feet planted. That is where I am right now. So my very first step on this forum will be this,

I want to learn how to run a new eBay account and find out what options I can take concerning a good product to sell. Something legit and not too valuable to start with. Then I want to take the funds and turn them back into eBay and start buying the equipment I would need to manage a small professional eBay account. ( stuff like a good postage printer, small efficient laptop, various packaging and shipping supplies) What ever is the best low price equipment to start.

I want to learn how to manage my money in a responsible way so I can feel safe enough to move up to better products. Making sure stuff like returns or errors wouldn't wipe me out in case a mistake happens. Once I have a small stable money flow I want to start donating a portion of my profits to charity and those in need. Eventually I would like to transition to a low profit business in order to help provide for people who need a second Chance at life

I have a vision of buying like a tour bus and travelling .across this country while I still run my online business but only for items I personally craft. I know I can do it and that I just need to get my feet on ground and start working at the bottom level right now.

Last edited by over9000; 04-18-2019 at 08:03 AM.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
PayPal Credit is a separate product than has nothing to do with "PayPal" itself.

Did you select "PayPal Credit" as the company name when you filed the BBB complaint?

Anyway, respond to the BBB case and DO NOT agree to close it; you might need to call BBB to have them re-submit it.
No the BBB sent it to the wrong place. Even after talking on the phone with the lady before I filed the complaint.
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000 View Post
No the BBB sent it to the wrong place. Even after talking on the phone with the lady before I filed the complaint.
Can you have BBB resubmit the case?

It's been awhile since I did the BBB thing with Exec. Escalations, but it used to take them about 2 weeks to respond. Maybe they improved their response time now.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
Can you have BBB resubmit the case?

It's been awhile since I did the BBB thing with Exec. Escalations, but it used to take them about 2 weeks to respond. Maybe they improved their response time now.
I am trying to get that info from them now. I did happen to get a response from the CEO and he asked to not have me make any moves yet and he will get back to me before Sat. Don't exactly know why he personally reached out unless I really did expose something that would damage the company .
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by over9000 View Post
I am trying to get that info from them now. I did happen to get a response from the CEO and he asked to not have me make any moves yet and he will get back to me before Sat. Don't exactly know why he personally reached out unless I really did expose something that would damage the company .
That was likely one of the CEO's staffers reaching out to you, NOT the CEO (Daniel Schulman) himself. PayPal is a massive company, and the CEO's job is not to deal with these types of things. His staffers can sign his name, though. This is actually quite common in large companies.

Regardless, I really hope they take a good look at your case and you will be giving us some good news soon.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
That was likely one of the CEO's staffers reaching out to you, NOT the CEO (Daniel Schulman) himself. PayPal is a massive company, and the CEO's job is not to deal with these types of things. His staffers can sign his name, though. This is actually quite common in large companies.

Regardless, I really hope they take a good look at your case and you will be giving us some good news soon.
So the BBB completely botched my complaint. They have managed to disclose confidential information about my complaint to PayPal. They sent "by mistake" the emails between me and the BBB person to PayPal. Now the BBB has damaged my name with PayPal even more. I don't know why this is happening to me but man is it just so freaking crazy.

What am I going to have to do now sue the BBB for their incompetence as well.

That isn't a joke, I mean seriously what do I do now?
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I read your thread with interest.

Firstly I sympathize with you fighting on principle, due to some agent being a liar and not doing their job, and then the closing ranks of the rest of their company. Often we do not fight this stuff and they get to do it again and again, wouldnt it be nice to get a punishment for them that puts a smile on your face.

As for BBB forwarding emails - did you write private and confidential on them? If you did not write that then it is usually if they breach info that the other party did not know eg. eg financial details, name and address, personal info. If they just forwarded stuff you did not want them to read, but they already know on the whole, like your complaint, then it is bad practice, but I do not think it is breach. You should never write anything other than the facts anyway, and nothing that you would not say to the face of who you are complaining about, no insults or libel.

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-18-2019 at 03:03 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I read your thread with interest.

Firstly I sympathize with you fighting on principle, due to some agent being a liar and not doing their job, and then the closing ranks of the rest of their company. Often we do not fight this stuff and they get to do it again and again, wouldnt it be nice to get a punishment for them that puts a smile on your face.

As for BBB forwarding emails - did you write private and confidential on them? If you did not write that then it is usually if they breach info that the other party did not know eg. eg financial details, name and address, personal info. If they just forwarded stuff you did not want them to read, but they already know on the whole, like your complaint, then it is bad practice, but I do not think it is breach. You should never write anything other than the facts anyway, and nothing that you would not say to the face of who you are complaining about, no insults or libel.
Yes they were marked as private and they were not about PayPal. They were about the error the BBB made. That is why I'm upset. Paypal just got a heads up an they got to see that the BBB just screwed up the same way they did.

In no way shape or form do I believe that I have a fair shot at getting PayPal to look at this transcript after the emails between me and this BBB rep. Makes me wonder just how fair the BBB is anyway.

Last edited by over9000; 04-18-2019 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

OK so they were about BBB sending to wrong paypal dept.

so paypal can see you are in touch with BBB and it does not mean paypal will take you less seriously - just get your complaint directed or re-submitted as said previously.

only thing I wonder is if BBB will back off the case now, due to their own mess up, so maybe think carefully about threats to BBB re this possible breach, you do not want to be tied up with that secondary matter..

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-18-2019 at 03:24 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

As much of a Goat Rodeo this is turning out to be, you need to keep yourself together, and calm. Trust me, I have been in similar situations before where just about everything is falling apart, and the stress (and anger) can seem overwhelming.

Actually, the fact the BBB screwed up may play into your favor. There is also a possibility that since we have been discussing this issue on a public forum, PayPal staff may be reading it with some interest. Hopefully that's the case. The last thing a company needs or wants is publicity, such as having their customers vent about these problems out in the open.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

UPDATE 3: So the BBB sent the private conversation between me and the BBB rep to PayPal by mistake. This conversation had nothing to do with PayPal and revealed private info.

UPDATE 4: Now the BBB is playing the same game PayPal plays and trying to change the facts of what they did to make it look like they didn't screw up. Well after sending the screen caps showing they made a really stupid mistake they have no words. Do these people think that in this modern age they can still hide in the shadows and deny when they do something wrong? BBB now says they compromised my complaint and are asking what they can do to make this right.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
As much of a Goat Rodeo this is turning out to be, you need to keep yourself together, and calm. Trust me, I have been in similar situations before where just about everything is falling apart, and the stress (and anger) can seem overwhelming.

Actually, the fact the BBB screwed up may play into your favor. There is also a possibility that since we have been discussing this issue on a public forum, PayPal staff may be reading it with some interest. Hopefully that's the case. The last thing a company needs or wants is publicity, such as having their customers vent about these problems out in the open.
I'm calm and I am also very carefully wording my response to the emails and what I say here. I learned a while back that if you always tell the truth then worry and guilt are something that no longer control you. I took the power from PayPal and I now ended things on my terms

Last edited by over9000; 04-18-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

its all about enforcement, yes there are breach of privacy rules and penal codes and laws and contracts - you breach them, so what, unless penalties are enforced, that often takes a court adjudication, sometimes less, but they know that, it hardly ever comes to that and it gets dropped.......so right now you need BBBs help. Although I always like a backup plan, eg another complaints source or even a lawyer letter, just to get started...

Last edited by oompaloompa; 04-18-2019 at 03:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oompaloompa For This Useful Post:
nickopedia (04-18-2019)
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
OK so they were about BBB sending to wrong paypal dept.

so paypal can see you are in touch with BBB and it does not mean paypal will take you less seriously - just get your complaint directed or re-submitted as said previously.

only thing I wonder is if BBB will back off the case now, due to their own mess up, so maybe think carefully about threats to BBB re this possible breach, you do not want to be tied up with that secondary matter..
No threats will be made because they never work. I do however demand a response regarding the mishandling of my private conversation that PayPal has now seen. Does that mean the BBB would be more afraid of PayPal because of this? If PayPal uses this to their advantage then they can go after the BBB.
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

I do not know, but you have it in writing that it got forwarded? eg you have a copy? I think it is your info breached not paypals, so I do not see why BBB would be afraid of paypal over this. Lets hope BBB now pay more attention to filing your case correctly and chasing it up.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
its all about enforcement, yes there are breach of privacy rules and penal codes and laws and contracts - you breach them, so what, unless penalties are enforced, that often takes a court adjudication, sometimes less, but they know that, it hardly ever comes to that and it gets dropped.......so right now you need BBBs help. Although I always like a backup plan, eg another complaints source or even a lawyer letter, just to get started...
I have tried to get a lawyer to write a very professional letter or statement for me but down here in Mississippi they don't want any part of a issue with PayPal. I have 3 that I've been speaking with but they seem to be only wanting to make this into a class action and I'm not going that route.

I don't think PayPal knows what to do because I don't want my account reinstated. It looks like they are truly trying to figure out what they think I want.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
I do not know, but you have it in writing that it got forwarded? eg you have a copy? I think it is your info breached not paypals, so I do not see why BBB would be afraid of paypal over this. Lets hope BBB now pay more attention to filing your case correctly and chasing it up.
Sorry I didn't word that right. I ment that PayPal could give the BBB some clapback about how they operate. Essentially if PayPal decides that the BBB is not something to worry about and PayPal doesn't need to play nice with the BBB.

I just got this response from the BBB.
Mr.9000

The BBB is processing your complaint.

After reviewing your concerns, the BBB was able to determine the correct entity to provide a response.

I'm confused about what this actually means.
Old 04-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

OP: Quite frankly the time and energy, not to mention stress this is causing you doesn't seem at all worth the trouble especially since you don't have any intention of using PayPal anymore anyway.

Lawyers won't see any money in a case like this. Good luck finding an attorney, most would not want to touch this without seeing merit or pot of gold at the end of the tunnel. There are no actual damages, no substance.

BTW, take the advise from oompaloompa above. He's one of the more grounded members here.
Old 04-18-2019
over9000

Quote:
OP: Quite frankly the time and energy, not to mention stress this is causing you doesn't seem at all worth the trouble especially since you don't have any intention of using PayPal anymore anyway.

Lawyers won't see any money in a case like this. Good luck finding an attorney, most would not want to touch this without seeing merit or pot of gold at the end of the tunnel. There are no actual damages, no substance.

BTW, take the advise from oompaloompa above. He's one of the more grounded members here.
we talked about this yesterday. I don't want a lawyer. I was trying to find one to help me write a letter to PayPal. but I don't need that done anymore.. I also decided that I would let this all die if nothing happens by Sunday . I have enjoyed keeping a live update going and honestly today has been fun to document. I promise I'm not nuts and I will walk away very soon.