eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/125813-paypal-how-long-does-take-new-number-show-up.html)

JENNY9091 04-28-2019 12:43 PM

PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

I got verification code when add the bank account. I lost the access. Just add new phone number on it.

Any one has experience that it works? How long does it take for new number to show up for verification?

Thanks.

bman707 04-28-2019 02:02 PM

Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

Could take up to 4 months for a new number to show up on Paypal which is why most advice on not changing a Paypal number unless you wont be using it for awhile

JENNY9091 04-28-2019 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bman707 (Post 998145)
Could take up to 4 months for a new number to show up on Paypal which is why most advice on not changing a Paypal number unless you wont be using it for awhile

Oh 4 months? Is this your experience?

slokor 04-28-2019 03:30 PM

From my own experience it can take 6 months or more.
Theres no set rule for this as far as I know.

martyjump 04-29-2019 11:57 PM

In my experience it takes about 3-4 weeks

nickopedia 04-30-2019 12:05 AM

The time it takes for a new # to be recognized will depend on the type/carrier of the phone number. If it's a virtual phone #, it can take months. If it's a real mobile carrier (such as Verizon or AT&T) it can show up within a few weeks or so. This is based on my own testing and observations.

Of course if you call into PayPal to change your # and it's your real account, they will confirm with public database questions, and if you pass the new # will be effective right away.

JENNY9091 04-30-2019 03:04 PM

I just added a real number from Lycamobile. If it takes 3-4 weeks, it's not too bad.

JENNY9091 04-30-2019 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 998500)
The time it takes for a new # to be recognized will depend on the type/carrier of the phone number. If it's a virtual phone #, it can take months. If it's a real mobile carrier (such as Verizon or AT&T) it can show up within a few weeks or so. This is based on my own testing and observations.

Of course if you call into PayPal to change your # and it's your real account, they will confirm with public database questions, and if you pass the new # will be effective right away.

Nick, will Lycamobile be considered as a real mobile carrier? No name needed to get registered when activating the phone number, but real SIM card.

Thanks.

nickopedia 04-30-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JENNY9091 (Post 998651)
Nick, will Lycamobile be considered as a real mobile carrier? No name needed to get registered when activating the phone number, but real SIM card.

Thanks.

Lycamobile is a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) which means they don't have a network of their own and simply lease time on one of the "big 4" mobile networks in the USA: It can be AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint).

So long as you are using an actual mobile network, PayPal will consider it accordingly.

JENNY9091 04-30-2019 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 998674)
Lycamobile is a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) which means they don't have a network of their own and simply lease time on one of the "big 4" mobile networks in the USA: It can be AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint).

So long as you are using an actual mobile network, PayPal will consider it accordingly.

Nick, you mentioned Lycamobile is "Mobile virtual network", but later you mentioned I am using "actual mobile network".

Any misspelling here? or you mean "virtual mobile network"?

Thanks so much. :D

nickopedia 04-30-2019 06:52 PM

"Lycamobile" is just a brand (reseller) for one of the "big 4" networks. They don't have any cell towers or network of their own.

If you want to know the actual network, you are going to need to call Lycamobile to find out which networks they are actually using.

This doesn't matter so much as long as it's one of the major carriers: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint.

JENNY9091 04-30-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickopedia (Post 998699)
"Lycamobile" is just a brand (reseller) for one of the "big 4" networks. They don't have any cell towers or network of their own.

If you want to know the actual network, you are going to need to call Lycamobile to find out which networks they are actually using.

This doesn't matter so much as long as it's one of the major carriers: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint.

That means Paypal will consider me using real number, right? :D

Omgoozle 05-02-2019 06:18 PM

In my experience it takes about 2 weeks.

cafonabob 05-04-2019 03:24 PM

Not true. I've had many 180 day limited accounts. After the 180 days I try to withdraw to a bank account and they give this message. I have waited a year on some they still give this message (add phone number, we can't allow this phone number....). But if you withdraw to a debit card they will allow the withdrawal.

This "we can not identify" bullcrap message is a scam. They are phishing you for more info.