PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-28-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 90
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

I got verification code when add the bank account. I lost the access. Just add new phone number on it.

Any one has experience that it works? How long does it take for new number to show up for verification?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 04-28-2019
bman707's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 684
Thanks: 41
Thanked 96 Times in 86 Posts
Activity: 76%
Longevity: 2%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via Skype™ to bman707
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

Could take up to 4 months for a new number to show up on Paypal which is why most advice on not changing a Paypal number unless you wont be using it for awhile
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-28-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 90
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman707 View Post
Could take up to 4 months for a new number to show up on Paypal which is why most advice on not changing a Paypal number unless you wont be using it for awhile
Oh 4 months? Is this your experience?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-28-2019
slokor's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,921
Thanks: 272
Thanked 1,836 Times in 1,348 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (89)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

From my own experience it can take 6 months or more.
Theres no set rule for this as far as I know.
__________________
USA SELLER ACCOUNT EXCLUSIVES: 1,000/$100,000 AND 5,000/$500,000 - AGED!
ENTER MY STORE OR CONTACT ME
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (04-30-2019)
  #5  
Old 04-29-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 385
Thanks: 31
Thanked 33 Times in 30 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 61%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

In my experience it takes about 3-4 weeks
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to martyjump For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (04-30-2019)
  #6  
Old 04-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,215
Thanks: 631
Thanked 709 Times in 525 Posts
Activity: 87%
Longevity: 22%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

The time it takes for a new # to be recognized will depend on the type/carrier of the phone number. If it's a virtual phone #, it can take months. If it's a real mobile carrier (such as Verizon or AT&T) it can show up within a few weeks or so. This is based on my own testing and observations.

Of course if you call into PayPal to change your # and it's your real account, they will confirm with public database questions, and if you pass the new # will be effective right away.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (04-30-2019), JENNY9091 (04-30-2019), supernova (05-04-2019)
  #7  
Old 04-30-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 90
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

I just added a real number from Lycamobile. If it takes 3-4 weeks, it's not too bad.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JENNY9091 For This Useful Post:
dealagreeproceed (04-30-2019)
  #8  
Old 04-30-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 90
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
The time it takes for a new # to be recognized will depend on the type/carrier of the phone number. If it's a virtual phone #, it can take months. If it's a real mobile carrier (such as Verizon or AT&T) it can show up within a few weeks or so. This is based on my own testing and observations.

Of course if you call into PayPal to change your # and it's your real account, they will confirm with public database questions, and if you pass the new # will be effective right away.
Nick, will Lycamobile be considered as a real mobile carrier? No name needed to get registered when activating the phone number, but real SIM card.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,215
Thanks: 631
Thanked 709 Times in 525 Posts
Activity: 87%
Longevity: 22%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENNY9091 View Post
Nick, will Lycamobile be considered as a real mobile carrier? No name needed to get registered when activating the phone number, but real SIM card.

Thanks.
Lycamobile is a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) which means they don't have a network of their own and simply lease time on one of the "big 4" mobile networks in the USA: It can be AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint).

So long as you are using an actual mobile network, PayPal will consider it accordingly.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-30-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 90
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
Lycamobile is a MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) which means they don't have a network of their own and simply lease time on one of the "big 4" mobile networks in the USA: It can be AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, or Sprint).

So long as you are using an actual mobile network, PayPal will consider it accordingly.
Nick, you mentioned Lycamobile is "Mobile virtual network", but later you mentioned I am using "actual mobile network".

Any misspelling here? or you mean "virtual mobile network"?

Thanks so much. :D
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-30-2019
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,215
Thanks: 631
Thanked 709 Times in 525 Posts
Activity: 87%
Longevity: 22%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

"Lycamobile" is just a brand (reseller) for one of the "big 4" networks. They don't have any cell towers or network of their own.

If you want to know the actual network, you are going to need to call Lycamobile to find out which networks they are actually using.

This doesn't matter so much as long as it's one of the major carriers: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint.

Last edited by nickopedia; 04-30-2019 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-30-2019
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 90
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 7%
Longevity: 12%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
"Lycamobile" is just a brand (reseller) for one of the "big 4" networks. They don't have any cell towers or network of their own.

If you want to know the actual network, you are going to need to call Lycamobile to find out which networks they are actually using.

This doesn't matter so much as long as it's one of the major carriers: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or Sprint.
That means Paypal will consider me using real number, right? :D
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-02-2019
Omgoozle's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 811
Thanks: 141
Thanked 201 Times in 131 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

In my experience it takes about 2 weeks.
__________________
"There is no peace without war." -Cortex
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-04-2019
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 65
Thanks: 6
Thanked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: PayPal: How long does it take for new number to show up

Not true. I've had many 180 day limited accounts. After the 180 days I try to withdraw to a bank account and they give this message. I have waited a year on some they still give this message (add phone number, we can't allow this phone number....). But if you withdraw to a debit card they will allow the withdrawal.

This "we can not identify" bullcrap message is a scam. They are phishing you for more info.

Last edited by cafonabob; 05-04-2019 at 03:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How long does it take for phone number to show up? sandbars87 Phone Number Verification 10 01-30-2017 09:08 PM
how long for paypal code show,entropy warez Entropay 9 03-10-2015 07:10 PM
How long does it take for listings to show up? Giardino eBay Discussion! 4 06-18-2011 11:57 AM
How long does it take for listings to show? Bang eBay Discussion! 12 02-26-2011 09:17 PM
How long does funds take to show? Bang PayPal Talk 5 12-29-2010 09:17 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts