Cannot transfer money to bank/instant transfer "sorry, something is not right" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-07-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Cannot transfer money to bank/instant transfer "sorry, something is not right"

So I sold something on an old account (aged 5 years), verified with SSN and everything. I haven't used this account in 3 years bc I totally forgot about it.

Anyway, I added a new bank and debit card, since the banks/cards I had before was closed. I sold something and the money was instantly available. However when I tried to transfer to my updated and verified bank and debit card I got an error message saying "Sorry, something is not right" or maybe it was "sorry something went wrong" I can't remember the exact message but something along those lines.

I called Paypal who said bc it's my first time transferring to this bank it won't go through, and advised me to wait 48 hours before trying again.

Has anyone run through this problem? I don't know if it'll ever go through and what to do about it. Everything on this account is good, I just can't transfer to a new bank right away, which sounds like BS. Says their security protocol is blocking the transfer and to try again a few days later.

They also advised me to use Walmart Cash, not sure if that is safe to use bc it is linked to a mobile app?

Thanks!

Last edited by ebaychic2013; 08-07-2019 at 04:22 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-07-2019

Longevity: 27%
Default Re: Cannot transfer money to bank/instant transfer "sorry, something is not right"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaychic2013 View Post
So I sold something on an old account (aged 5 years), verified with SSN and everything. I haven't used this account in 3 years bc I totally forgot about it.

Anyway, I added a new bank and debit card, since the banks/cards I had before was closed. I sold something and the money was instantly available. However when I tried to transfer to my updated and verified bank and debit card I got an error message saying "Sorry, something is not right" or maybe it was "sorry something went wrong" I can't remember the exact message but something along those lines.

I called Paypal who said bc it's my first time transferring to this bank it won't go through, and advised me to wait 48 hours before trying again.

Has anyone run through this problem? I don't know if it'll ever go through and what to do about it. Everything on this account is good, I just can't transfer to a new bank right away, which sounds like BS. Says their security protocol is blocking the transfer and to try again a few days later.

They also advised me to use Walmart Cash, not sure if that is safe to use bc it is linked to a mobile app?

Thanks!
It's probably just a security measure. God Willing everything works out for you
The Following User Says Thank You to harborpoint For This Useful Post:
ebaychic2013 (08-08-2019)
Old 08-10-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

Default Re: Cannot transfer money to bank/instant transfer "sorry, something is not right"

Faced this problem. The maximum that PP support can do is give recommendations that do not always help. Here is the letter that was sent to me after such an appeal to them.

"I kindly ask you to try to follow those steps and then try again to make this action:

Change browser to log in in your account;
Use the App;
Have access from another device;
Clear cache and cookies;
Uninstall and reinstall the application if issue on your mobile app,
Wait 24 hours before to attempt the action again.
Not use proxy when log in into PayPal

I would like also to provide you with 3 links that will allow you to withdrawn the funds to your card.

https://www.paypal.com/it/cgi-bin/we...hdraw-funds-cc

https://www.paypal.com/wdfunds/

www.paypal.com/wdcheck "
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex_234 For This Useful Post:
ebaychic2013 (08-11-2019)
Old 08-11-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 62%

I used PAYPAL MOBILE and it worked. The other ways do not work. Thank you!

Anything I should watch out for with the Paypal Mobile though? I just downloaded it to my phone and logged in as normal. Not sure if I needed to clear cache/etc like on desktop. I've never used the Paypal app on this phone before so hopefully it won't limit me!
Old 08-29-2019
Subscribed [VIP]

I also installed the PayPal mobile application, but it does not display the balance and there is no option to withdraw money to the card. I can only make a transfer to other PayPal users or make a request. This did not affect the account.
The logic of the security system is difficult to understand. It may not allow you to withdraw money for $ 700 in one payment, but it allows you to make 2 payments of $ 600 and $ 400, but then nothing can be withdrawn for more than a day.
Old 08-30-2019

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

adding a credit card helps.
If you have sold something ,the fund may show in your Paypal account immediately,but it could take 24-48 hours for Paypal to collect the fund.
Paypal is actually advancing the $$ to you ,adding a credit card is a form of insurance,just in case Paypal fails to collect the fund.
Old 01-12-2021

Longevity: 33%

do u have resolved?
im the same situation ( I added a new debit card today) immediately after trying to withdraw on the site appeared said sorry, something is not right
I also installed the PayPal mobile application, but there is no option to withdraw money to the card. I can only make a transfer to other PayPal users or make a request. This did not affect the account.

Last edited by ilgiorgetto; 01-12-2021 at 12:31 PM.