PayPal Linking requirement in order to sell or ship Worldwide / Internationally - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-11-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%
Default PayPal Linking requirement in order to sell or ship Worldwide / Internationally

Please excuse the tone of this post. I'm not my usual cheery self.. Right now I'm in a rage against Ebay and their pissy rules, and about half way into a bender. I just found out that in order to sell worldwide in another country, you MUST VERIFY AND LINK YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNTS!! Of all the...This is the LAST STRAW!!! As if trying to force you to link so you can offer buy it now payment wasn't bad enough! Now the *******s have gone too far!! Over HALF my sales went elsewhere, and this is going to put a SERIOUS bind on my way of doing business! Hell, isn't this even illegal somehow? Seems like it would. They're forcing us against our will anyway. The writing is on the wall my friends, the next step will be EVERYONE has to link their paypal accounts. And when that happens, what are we going to do then?? Ebay wants to rule the world, plain and simple. Walmart look out.

Has anyone else received this message when they're listing an auction? Did you find a way around it, or are international sellers screwed?! Would there be any way to verify and link an account WITHOUT dooming yourself to suspension??
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-11-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 100%

Wow, you seem almost as mad as me with eBay. Though for you to get around this you will need to create a brand new Paypal account. I've never tried this before, but I'm sure it'll work. I have several Paypal accounts being used from the same computer, ip and cookies with no problem. I'm not sure if Paypal links accounts; if they do I haven't seen any problems with the matter so far. To be safe though I would change my IP address, delete my cookies, and use mostly new information. For some people they have used their brothers, mothers, fathers, and sister's info to be legit later. Try to separate the Paypal accounts by IP address later down the road as well, but it's not mandatory that I've seen. Once you create your new Paypal account you'll want to remove the email address from your old Paypal account and add it to your new one. From what I've seen Paypal and eBay do not monitor email address on the accounts for the most part. Then link accounts.

*Caution

This is only theory. I have not tested this out. Don't do this unless you have too. You have a 5% chance of eBay linking your Paypal accounts, which can link your eBay accounts and suspend you. The reason for the 5% is the email address and linking bit. Once you link your Paypal and eBay accounts, eBay seems to gain to a whole new wealth of information about you which can be used against you. Though do they get to know all your past Paypal accounts? Do they know where your email address has been added to with past Paypal accounts? Maybe, maybe not? 5% chance that they do.

And as for eBay's new standards. They've started new security procedures awhile back to combat VeRO listings. If you're not selling VeRO items these new security implications is only a nuisance, as you already know. Play the game, and you'll be alright.

I'm heading off to California in about 6 hours, and I'll be back in about 5 days. I'll continue with this later. Jack, eBay is not the only way, trusting in it with 100% of your sales isn't smart. Spread your self out to have less stress in life.
Old 03-11-2007

Aspkin

have a nice and pleasant journey to California and back.

Cheers

Andreas
Old 03-11-2007

jack cant you add a new email to your paypal and then link it?
Old 03-11-2007
Threadstarter  

If I understand Aspkin's earlier posts, wouldn't I need to get one of those giftcards for this to work correctly? The card on file right now with paypal is an official bank card, with a correct address. Which is of course different from what is on file with my username. Wouldn't linking the accounts in that manner lead to the suspension most likely? Not to mention the fact that I have to verify with it and wait for that blasted deposit. Oh yes, ebay wants you to VERIFY and link. So that's extra time.

There is one possible solution I've come up with, if paypal is the problem, eliminate it from the equation. You would have to remove paypal completely from the listings and then just include that you would accept it somewhere in the description. But would that affect the amount of traffic you would receive? I'd be willing to give it a try, and I'll test it soon, but if someone already has, please let us know!

Ebay isn't my only venue Aspkin, but it drives the largest quantity of traffic to me. Google Base hasn't held a candle to it so far. Give it time I know, but as Modie says, time is money.

By the way, I need an opinion on something totally different, if somebody has done this before. When you see an item and the bid is up way higher than normal and it appears to be the only one on the site at the moment, and you have an identical item, would you list your auction for 3 or 5 days? I'm thinking 7 would be too long. And 1 day isn't an option. How much time would you give between the beginning of your auction and the end of the other one to allow the bidders from the other one to see yours while that auction is still going? And as long as we're supposing, what percentage of that other item bid would you be comfortable starting the auction at--to get the most bids fast!? Like for instance as an example if one item was up to 100.00, would you start at 10.00, 5.00, or even .99? Keeping mind the object is to gain bidders from that other listing that is already high dollar.

Lastly (sorry to cram all these questions in, this is a time sensitive thing), is there any extra layer of settings that Internet Explorer 7 has that Mozilla and other browsers do not? It seems like it keeps things a bit longer. Anything special you need to clear out of there other than cache and cookies? I haven't used IE nearly enough to know.
Old 03-12-2007
Threadstarter  

This is something entirely new. Ebay is preventing you from selling on other ebay sites, forcing you to verify and link accounts in order to do so. I have no idea why they've put this added step into place specifically on other sites, but it will cost me and them business. I have not found a way around this yet, but if anyone has, please send me a PM.
Old 03-12-2007
Threadstarter  

Modee, I'd be very interested in knowing the steps you took to list it! Did you actually post on a different site, or just list worldwide shipping on a normal listing? I have no issues when posting regularly, it's when I try to post on another ebay site that I have the problem, and the listing is denied. I even tried a scheduled listing and still no luck. This didn't happen a couple months ago. Please post here or PM me. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2007
Threadstarter  

Thanks for clarifying but that isn't what I meant. Try selling on another ebay site than the main and you'll see the problem. Have a good weekend gents!
Old 03-19-2007
Executive [VIP]

let me ask, Bidpay ....when your using bidpy as a service when do you have to authenticate it with ebay, will this get your account suspended
Old 03-20-2007
Threadstarter  

You should be ok with Bidpay. I had it for a while with no problems.

Believe it or not, listing on another site can make a BIG difference! Think about it, would you rather pay for something on your own site in your own currency or another site in another currency? Add to that, not everyone selects "worldwide" while searching. Of course it all depends where the need is.
Old 04-10-2007
Threadstarter  

Default Creating and Keeping International Accounts, selling on EBAY internationally

I've read some of you have been successful creating accounts in other areas (for whatever reason). It seems that with ebay's new requirements, this is almost a necessity if you want to sell outside your area and be seen. But with IP checking and all the safeguards that ebay has put up supposedly to deter fraud, is it even possible to create an account in another country and not be suspended? If so, and you have, how do you manage doing this and sell to those areas? I assume paypal is the only payment you accept, since they can't exactly mail the payment? Just curious how some of your are doing it, how it's working for you so far, and if there are any special requirements to setting up the account outside the usual?
Old 04-10-2007

it is hard. Unless you have a way to use software to submit your listing under u.s. ip. or your account will be watch closely. I am trying to exploring to this area and running a test now.
Old 06-19-2007

Longevity: 98%

Your absolutely right Jack. "listing on another site can make a BIG difference!", as I have done this in the past to boost sales. Most consumers in the US like to purchase from sellers in the US, and I believe this sentiment holds true worldwide.
Old 09-19-2007

Longevity: 97%
Default EB required linking to PP to start selling on US site! NOT INT'L! ideas?

Can you believe this?

on a new account with 8 FB, i just got this msg when trying to list 1st item.....

Attention!
Thank you for participating in global trade on eBay. In order to begin selling your items on eBay sites not associated with your home country, you will need to take a few steps:

1) You will need to have a PayPal account that has been "Verified". Click on your country of eBay registration below to understand how to complete that process.

2) Once you have a PayPal account that is "Verified", please link your verified PayPal account to your eBay account.

If you already have a “Verified” PayPal account, and are still receiving this message, you need to link it to your eBay account. Once you have a verified PayPal account that is linked to your eBay account, you will be able to sell an item on any of eBay's sites worldwide.

For instructions on how to become PayPal Verified or how to link your PayPal account to your eBay account, please click on the site of your eBay registration below:

Australia| Austria | Belgium | Belgium French | Canada | Canada French | France | Germany | Hong Kong | India | Ireland | Italy | Malaysia | Netherlands | New Zealand | Philippines | Poland | Singapore | Spain | Sweden| Switzerland| Taiwan | Thailand | United Kingdom | United States | Other

Note: If you registered on Germany, Austria or Switzerland, you can complete verification through PostIdent or ID Verify instead of PayPal. Please click on the site you registered with for instructions.

-----------------------------------

funny thing is, I AM selling on EB*com, the US site, with a US based account! whats going on here??? should i just leave it alone for a while? or, should i try to get some more FBs on this account from buying?will this go away in either situation eventually by itself without linking?

im concerned cuz i already opened an EB store already (dont know how im able to do it on this account, as min should be 30 FBs or something in order to open the EB store) , which is generating fees on my selling account... and i dont want to continue to pay the fee, unless I can also sell..

its kinda a catch-22... pay fee, and dont know if and when will be able to sell anyways without linking (death move), but don't pay fee, account gets suspended right quick..

anyone with any experience on this, please let me know. thanks!
Old 09-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Well I had been told this was the case for all areas back when the U.S. was still immune from it. Looks like their actions finally caught up to their mouths. There actually is a way to link and not sacrifice your good account but you'll need a separate account. You can find the rest by doing a search on the forum. It's pretty self-explanatory.
Old 09-19-2007

you mean set up an new PP account, with same EB info, and link it to the EB account, but put your REAL PP account EB as the address to receive payment?

does that mean one needs to add a real bank account to the new PP account in order to verify?
Old 09-19-2007

folks.. this is not selling on another eb site, aka selling internationally.

this is for listing on eB.com... the us site! thats why its so strange. If its for listing on another eb site, like eb.co.uk, i'd understand as thats what that warning says. however, it should not apply to listing on us site itself...but, here i am looking at this damn warning trying to list my first item on eb.com
Old 09-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Yeah, that's what I said. When I asked customer service about it I was told they did that for everyone. Then I told them that's not what the site said or what I'd been told in the past. They said I was wrong, that it was for everywhere. Looks like they were right-- just jumping ahead a few steps. Or it COULD be that their doors are off their hinges again. Sure wouldn't be the first time...
Old 09-19-2007

i called, that thats what they told me to... they should update that warning then.. instead of confusing ppl .

also, its NOT posted everywhere. the link she gave me to the announcement board posting by Meg Ryan said nothing about requiring to link in order to sell on EB.com.. only INternationally. the CS at EB live help knows pretty much nothing...

i think its their system going haywire. we shall wait for a bit, and see what happens. meanwhile, i will try to list something 99c auction on another ID, and see if same message appears.

Is it ok to use one email address to a newly created PP account to link, but use another PP email to good paypal account to receive payments on listings? I 've searched the posts but was not able to find a clear answer to this question.

o Jack, your PM is full.. need to delete some old ones before you can receive any msgs.
Old 09-19-2007

modee.. this may be new. im not able to list ANY item, regardless of what, on this new EB account with 8 FBs the warning comes up at the Sell>select category area. im not even able to select a category to start to make a listing.. and yes, this is on EB .com

and YES, i did talk to EB CS about this problem., they said its now requirement for ALL new accounts (seller accounts i think they mean) of course, there is always a good possibility they dont knowwhat they are talking about.

anyways, i will try to build some more FBs on this account, and see what happens...
Old 09-19-2007
Threadstarter  

Actually, I was talking about Van's problem. I was told the same thing. At the time I was selling on the U.S. site but seeking worldwide. Mind you, this was months back. I thought they were full of it. It appears I was wrong and it's a case of the tail wagging the dog.
Old 10-21-2007
Executive [VIP]

Default about linking paypal

if i use us ebay account and list on us ebay but choose to ship worldwide,does ebay still require to link my paypal account with my ebay account?