Temporarily accessing PP from a different country. Any advice/personal experience? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-23-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 25%
Default Temporarily accessing PP from a different country. Any advice/personal experience?

Hey guys, I've just got off the phone with a PayPal representative and had a really weird conversation.

I'm about to go on a 2-week vacation and I was wondering what would happen to my PayPal account if I access it from some other country than mine.

To put some context first, my PP account isn't stealth. It is a legit fully verified account under my name. I've never used a VPN or anything like that, I've always accessed it using my regular internet connection via a regular internet provider from my residency country. (Same country the PP account is verified at).

Now, I will be travelling to the US next week and I called PayPal to let them know that. Basically I asked them if there is any way for them to put some kind of "note" in my account saying exactly that: that in X amount of days I will be accessing my account from a different IP/country because I was going on a 2 week vacation, etc etc. (Something pretty similar as when you call your bank to let them know that you will be using your credit card abroad).

The PP rep answer was that there is no way for them to do that. I asked him if something would happen to my account if I access it from abroad and his answer was very clear: "Don't do it". I was really surprised when he told me that so I asked him the following: "So you are telling me that while I'm taking a vacation I need to completely stop my business and that I'm not allowed to even acceess my own account? I'm calling in advance to exactly prevent that from happening." He remained silence and couldn't give me a straight answer.

Sadly for me, I must be forced to use TeamViewer or some other software to remotely access my pc and THEN access my PayPal account from there as if I were in my home.

Has anyone had this situation before? Any advice on how to find a way around it, if there is any?

Thanks in advance
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-23-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Temporarily accessing PP from a different country. Any advice/personal experience

One solution is having a USA VPN from IPBurger.

I would never access my financial stuff without it if I'm out of the country. Just way too risky
Old 12-23-2019

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 57%
Default Re: Temporarily accessing PP from a different country. Any advice/personal experience

Teamview would be best choice.
Old 12-23-2019

Activity: 11%
Longevity: 41%

Put the business on halt for 2 weeks.

Open a ebay shop if you haven't already so you can put it into vacation mode. Or just end all listings if you don't use a business account.

The risk of accessing ebay or paypal abroad isn't worth it.
Old 12-23-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Paypal reps often do not know what they are talking about,you should be able to access your account overseas,Paypal could ask you to verify your account though.
yOu can go to PAYPAL or Ebay forum,it has been answered in the past,paypal forum is better as there are Paypal reps active on the forum.
You said you are coming to US,why is your flag USA?
tHERE ARE SOME countries you would be restricted,Pakistan is one as Paypal does not do business there
Old 12-23-2019
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_112233 View Post
Put the business on halt for 2 weeks.

Open a ebay shop if you haven't already so you can put it into vacation mode. Or just end all listings if you don't use a business account.

The risk of accessing ebay or paypal abroad isn't worth it.
Indeed, I honestly think I'll just put all the activity on halt for those 2 weeks. There is no reason to risk it now that we are witnessing all this crazyness with some accounts out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
Paypal reps often do not know what they are talking about,you should be able to access your account overseas,Paypal could ask you to verify your account though.
yOu can go to PAYPAL or Ebay forum,it has been answered in the past,paypal forum is better as there are Paypal reps active on the forum.
You said you are coming to US,why is your flag USA?
tHERE ARE SOME countries you would be restricted,Pakistan is one as Paypal does not do business there
I know, I get different answers all the time. But today's answer caught me off guard when this agent told me straight up not to use my account at all.

And about my flag, that's simply because I do also run US stealth accs but my "main" one isn't. I didn't mean to cause any confusion with it
Old 12-23-2019

Longevity: 77%

If you have strong cookies in the browser you are going to use, nothing will happen. In case of access with a non known pc, can be a crap
Old 12-23-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

On Paypal site,it did state that it is a good idea to inform Paypal you will be accessing your account overseas,but I dont think you will have problem,if so,you can always call Paypal USA.
Old 12-23-2019
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Teamviewer is an option, it's just slow as heck.

Much easier using IPBurger, take your laptop with you.
Old 12-24-2019

Longevity: 55%

If you access it from the same platform you access it every time (laptop or smartphone) then nothing happens if you are abroad. If you usually access it from a desktop computer, which obviously you cannot take with you, then you will have to use a new platform while abroad. PP may see this change as somebody hacking into your account and all account protection measures will be triggered. Do not use VPN under any circumstances.
Old 12-24-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,041 Times in 775 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 81%

Cookies are the most important thing, it shows that your laptop hasn't been hijacked by some guy

I've travel regularly and use VPN when I do