Paypal asking for supplier invoice (second hand goods) - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-14-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 42%
Default Re: Paypal asking for supplier invoice (second hand goods)

For example, if a mobile device is bought on eBay to repair and/or resell, you'd have the record of the order in eBay and the payment you made for the purchase right? So you'd keep a copy (print/save as pdf) of the ebay purchase as a purchase order and the PayPal payment receipt as proof of payment for your records. Repeat for other sites you buy from. No need foo foo anything.

Make sure that important identifiers are used like serial numbers, put then on the sale listings.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-14-2020

Longevity: 85%

They requested the same from me. I went online and found a thrift shop, went to my invoicehome account, and created an invoice with the information from their website. About a week later paypal removed the hold on my account. I assume they didn't actually call the phone number on the invoice.
Old 01-15-2020

Longevity: 41%

Hi Jonnabravo.

Post before me is only person who spoke sense in this thread and in good manners. @Rellik3600. Ignore the others and their sarcastic pointless posts.

Yes just create an invoice mate. Google can direct you. Find a company, find an invoice template site etc. put both together and you're good to go. Or you can create your own invoices from your own Laptop surely!

Worst case scenario, contact me and I'll guide you. I also have a website so I can easily create a page, give you my company info and make invoices for you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homeless For This Useful Post:
Rellik3600 (01-18-2020), tomloves (10-12-2020)
Old 01-15-2020

Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnybravo View Post
Sorry, back to my point about adding stealth paypal to my ebay if paypal get blocked.
Just read some threads on here where senior users and moderators say this can be done and will work but no gaurentees on how long it will last. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not
I can't believe no one here has asked you the right questions at all. Sometimes it's not about what you sell but how quickly and how much money is coming in!!

Johnny, how long have you had this account for? Did you have a sales spike e.g sold 20 laptops this month but only 2 the month before. I genuinely don't believe they care too much about what you're actually selling. This also happened to me a few months ago because I had a massive sales spike. I had the eBay account for over 3 years. Selling was slow and steady then all of a sudden I listed on a cheap but fast selling product. Next thing I know I get hit with a suspension.

The best advice is to spread these laptops over different eBay accounts and don't list on too many on each.

To answer your questions about marrying an eBay store with the different PayPal account I do this all the time. If one of my eBay accounts get restricted whilst the PayPal is unharmed I'd take that PayPal account and add it to an eBay account that had it's PayPal account restricted. In other words so not let them go to waste.

In fact I've got an eBay store right now that has gone through 3 different stealth PayPal accounts as the previous 2 were suspended. Will it last forever? Who knows but at least it's lasted me this long.
Old 01-15-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
Read his posts again, that ship has sailed. He has been asked to provide invoices.

I'm surprised you couldn't see the (right) question at all.
Quote:
Read his posts again, that ship has sailed. He has been asked to provide invoices.

I know the ship has sailed but the point is I think someone should have at least pointed out why PayPal was alerted in the first place so that this doesn't happen again. Obviously PayPal isn't scouring eBay to find someone selling dodgy laptops it would have been the algorithm of spiked sales.

With the invoices of course it's still best to try this but at the same time Johnny can't afford to lose his store as it's his main money making. We should be giving him a plan B as well
The Following User Says Thank You to Ill Be Back For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (01-15-2020)
Old 01-15-2020

Quote:

Also something similar happened to me a month ago. I was asked the very same questions by PayPal. I provided real invoices and the photo ID was impeccable. So good that the person who I bought it from on here actually made a real photo license (front and back) and took pictures of them with their smartphone. This still failed and now I just had to move on with a new store
Old 01-17-2020

Quote:
As invoice fraud in the Uk can carry a prison sentence i think
You are not defrauding anyone with it, all you are doing is violating there policy.
Old 01-20-2020
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 27%

Thank you all for the advice and tips. Just had an update from Paypal. They have removed all limitations from my account and also given something called 'funds now' meaning I can withdraw money even if there is a dispute with a buyer. In the end I went for the honest option and sent them all the screenshots from purchases I made from gumtree and Shpock. They then sent me an email asking for bank statements showing payments made to these people. I just replied and explained that I don't have bank statements as I paid cash for all the purchases. 2 days after I sent that email all restrictions were lifted and all is good again. But thank you all for the advice given. Made me realise how fragile your business can be and paypal have the power to take it all away from you without warning and justification
Old 01-20-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

CONGATULATIONS.
Fundnow accounts are reserved for their best customers,
Old 01-20-2020

Activity: 10%

Quote:
Thank you all for the advice and tips. Just had an update from Paypal. They have removed all limitations from my account and also given something called 'funds now' meaning I can withdraw money even if there is a dispute with a buyer. In the end I went for the honest option and sent them all the screenshots from purchases I made from gumtree and Shpock. They then sent me an email asking for bank statements showing payments made to these people. I just replied and explained that I don't have bank statements as I paid cash for all the purchases. 2 days after I sent that email all restrictions were lifted and all is good again. But thank you all for the advice given. Made me realise how fragile your business can be and paypal have the power to take it all away from you without warning and justification
Congrats. Honesty is the best policy if your paypal account is legit and not stealth !
Old 01-20-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Is getting invoices something you could help with or would you be able to point me in the right direction of anyone that may be able to help? Happy to pay for this service
lol with paypal I doctored some bill of sales and it worked for reinstating my account, Although the first representative i was chatting with would not help me the next one, actually did it for me. And it had the price at which i bought each item for and i did not modify it, and the representative was like you buy these for $15 and sell them for $120 and i said my "margins are irrelevant."

But i used the same document for mercari and they hit me with the "you use an unauthorized supplier" so they are permanently restricted my account...

Which is odd because mercari is supposed to be to sell ur old stuff so how the hell can someone do that without keeping receipts from an authorized retailer from 2 years ago...
Old 01-20-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

could it be Mercari does not believe it is old stuff from 2 years ago or just too risky a product you are selling.
Old 01-22-2020

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
could it be Mercari does not believe it is old stuff from 2 years ago or just too risky a product you are selling.
Well definitely a combination of both. However, it is in Mercari's policy
Quote:
serial numbers or receipts must be available when listing the item.
If you sell numerous of an item that falls into this category it does not matter what kind of documentation you can fork up. You better have some means to phake the ID verification if the account is a stealth and ran properly, as it is not only their prerogative but their due-diligence to confiscate such funds, and due to apparent anti-terrorism laws (aka patriot act) they can, and will lawfully send your funds to an appropriate unclaimed property center (fortunately this was not the case for me) But still scary.

Anyway the whole moral of the story was don't get too greedy and spread your volume amongst several accounts, stealth or not.
And my point, was in my experience - although eBay may be harder than Mercari to stealth on, it has been much less strict on me.
Old 01-25-2020

Longevity: 39%

delete message please