Will this link me? Savings account same as one on eBay - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-10-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 27%
Default Will this link me? Savings account same as one on eBay

Hello,

So I have two eBay accounts, one PayPal account.

eBay account #1: This one is aged, and was used for buying for a year or so. I decided to start selling on it, and was given 5000/$25k limits. It has no PayPal linked to it as all purchases were made using a credit card through eBay checkout.

eBay account #2: This one I just opened today. I did not have another CC, so I entered my Savings Account number to be able to create my first sale. Limits given were 5/$500, so basically an account I will likely keep open but not really use much. May just burn it.

PayPal account: I created this one today. The last name is the same as eBay account #1 and #2. The first name is the same as #2, but different than #1.

I did not add a CC to this PayPal account, instead I added my Savings Account that was also entered on eBay account #2.

I did not link the PayPal account to eBay account #2.

I would like to use the PayPal account for eBay account #1. Will there be any risk here? Any risk of being linked? Part of me thinks no because they would not be able to see the full account number, but you never know.

I would just create a new PayPal account for eBay account #1 with the same first name as the eBay account, and a new checking account. But the thing is, because of COVID-19, I have no idea when I'll be able to go inside a bank again to open a new account.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

PS: When I listed my first item in eBay account #1, they did not ask for a PayPal account. So my question here is.. how would I get paid if the item sold?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Will this link me? Savings account same as one on eBay

I hope this made sense, let me know if you need clarification. Hoping to do this very soon so would love to hear feedback before making a critical mistake.
Old 04-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Trying to clarify - the PP has not been used with any of the accounts before?

But this:

"I would like to use the PayPal account for eBay account #1. Will there be any risk here? Any risk of being linked?"

Yes the savings account use can cause an easy link between accounts - now, this doesn't mean 100% that the accounts will go down but just that the link exists.

Last edited by rsot; 04-10-2020 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Trying to clarify - the PP has not been used with any of the accounts before?

But this:

"I would like to use the PayPal account for eBay account #1. Will there be any risk here? Any risk of being linked?"

Yes the savings account use can cause an easy link between accounts - now, this doesn't mean 100% that the accounts will go down but just that the link exists.
Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks. Yeah the PayPal account has never been associated with an eBay account. But the savings account information on the PayPal account is the same as another account that has not been suspended before.
Old 04-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstranger707 View Post
Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks. Yeah the PayPal account has never been associated with an eBay account. But the savings account information on the PayPal account is the same as another account that has not been suspended before.
Right on - only time will tell what will happen - you might be able to operate for a long time but nothing is 100%, just saying
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Right on - only time will tell what will happen - you might be able to operate for a long time but nothing is 100%, just saying
Very true...I might just give it a go but I'm scared to lose this high limit account.

EDIT: Perhaps I should just create a new PayPal and play it safe. Only thing is I'm out of checking accounts/debit cards.
Old 04-10-2020
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstranger707 View Post
Very true...I might just give it a go but I'm scared to lose this high limit account.

EDIT: Perhaps I should just create a new PayPal and play it safe. Only thing is I'm out of checking accounts/debit cards.
If you're scared and want to operate linkfree, best to go stealth and build new accounts.

If you're in the US, can't you just open a new bank account online?
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
If you're scared and want to operate linkfree, best to go stealth and build new accounts.

Tried to before, and no luck. This corona virus thing is killing us. I'm right outside NYC so IDK when we can get back into a branch to open a new account. I guess I could always add the bank account later, and figure it out as I go. Maybe thats the best option.

If it makes any difference, the bank account is not confirmed on PayPal. Not sure if that gives me an upper hand.

I've been doing eBay since 1999 so I've seen it all, they never seize to amaze me.

I appreciate all your help!
Old 04-10-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:

Looks like I couldn't do it online last night because it wasn't during business hours? I don't know, but I made a new checking and savings account with the bank I currently already have those 2 accounts with. So I'll play it safe and make sure the numbers don't mix.