21 Day Hold "High risk transaction" - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 20%
Default 21 Day Hold "High risk transaction"

Hi,

PayPal is holding all incoming transactions for 21 days with the reason that the transaction is „high risk“. I don‘t sell any high risk products, i don‘t have a lot of chargebacks but they still say that every transaction is high risk.

Does anyone knows the actually reason behind this? It‘s happening since months..
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-25-2020
Threadstarter  

Default Does PayPal sees the website URL?

Hi,

I‘m running a Shopify Dropshipping shop and i‘m planning to open 3 PayPal accounts. All of the 3 PayPal accounts will receive payments from the same website domain but the 3 PayPal Accounts will have a completely different identity and i don’t want that PayPal sees the connecting between the 3 Accounts.

My question: Will PayPal see the connection through the Website domain to the 3 PayPal accounts since they all receive payments from the same URL, or does PayPal only looks into Name, Adress, Bank account and phone number?

You would really help me if you have an answer )

Thank You
Old 09-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Does PayPal sees the website URL?

Yes they'd see the referring URL.

You'd need some kind of unique intermediary checkout step for each Paypal so all payments aren't coming from the same URL.. if you know what I mean.
Old 09-26-2020

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

It has other ways to tell,but if you are legit,why should you care?
What is going on,everyone is dropshipping,do we have any old fashion retailer left who holds his own inventory?
This is becoming like Ron Sterling show ,everything you see is just a mirage!!!!!!

what do you sell?

dont know about the tool,but Paypal considers comic books high risk due to high level of disputes

Paypal pays more attention to individual websites as they are not monitored and screened BY Ebay or Etsy or AMZN,and will suspend paypal accounts if they dont like what the website is selling or offering.

call Paypal and ask them to lift the 21 days restriction,worth a try

one can have a business with partners,say if I SELL widgets on one site and my partners have contributed some inventory,so depends on what the customer bought,he could be paying to a Paypal account of my partners,not me.
Pharz is suggesting an intermediate step,is he suggesting that when customer place an order,he will be taken to a site which has a different Paypal account?

If I have a shop and I encourage others to list complimentary items ,I would not want to do the bookeeping for them nor would I like to complicate my tax return.
Your problem may not be the same URL,but your three Paypal accounts all belong to one person,since we are allowed 2.
But I know some sellers would have more than 2,one personal,one business and one Corporation

21 days ,some could be more than 21 days but thats rare.
depends what you sold and like they said,you have been away.
is tracking Mexico to a foreign country?

3 days after tracking shows delivered,depends on the item it could be more days

tracking must show it has been delivered to the buyer address,
uploading tracking on Paypal but not EBAY,you can go to My Ebay-selling and see if tracking shows up,if not,just add them manually

I assume you are in Mexico and ship from Mexico,depends on what kind of shipping you chose,some may not track once it leaves the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk4R View Post
This is trully bullsheat information bud
They NOT.

Outside Ebay for my own I might subjoin that PP transactions are unstable. One pending (21day) another clearing (out of 21 day).
Moreover, this can be alternately outside of any particular system PP (Anti-Fraud) patterns...
you wanna bet.I know what I am talking about,there are more foreign sellers whose fund were seized -from Australia,Israel,even California

Paypal said OP has been away for awhile,he is in Mexico,were you always in Mexico?
Is your bank Mexican or US ?
Did you link a credit card,it helps.
if you add the tracking on Paypal and not Ebay and it was added after item was delivered,you may need to contact Ebay to have the fund released,if you can contact Ebay,

question-if Op is in Mexico and ship from Mexican post office with tracking,which postoffice website does the Paypal bot go first to check tracking status-USPS or Mexico?

Last edited by TGMT²; 10-02-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 57%
Default Re: 21 Day Hold "High risk transaction"

If this is a new account, you might get this kind of hold placed on your account.
eBay may also request a hold based on poor or non-existenten metrics.

You can assure paypal by adding tracking.
Old 09-26-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
what do you sell?
I sell a fridge cleaning tool, and i'm selling outside ebay on shopify.
Old 09-26-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
If this is a new account, you might get this kind of hold placed on your account.
eBay may also request a hold based on poor or non-existenten metrics.

You can assure paypal by adding tracking.
Hi, I sell outside ebay on a shopify shop. All the transactions i ever got into that PayPal account have a tracking number attached. The PayPal Account received over 30k € and over 1k transactions. What is the reason and what can i do?
Old 09-26-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Yes they'd see the referring URL.

You'd need some kind of unique intermediary checkout step for each Paypal so all payments aren't coming from the same URL.. if you know what I mean.
Hi, can you tell me how to do that in shopify?
Old 09-26-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
It has other ways to tell,but if you are legit,why should you care?
What is going on,everyone is dropshipping,do we have any old fashion retailer left who holds his own inventory?
This is becoming like Ron Sterling show ,everything you see is just a mirage!!!!!!
Hi, yes the business i legit but it's not allowed that 1 person has 3 PayPal accounts and i was not sure if PayPal will sees the connection between these 3 PayPal accounts when they are all receive payments from the exact same URL domain address. Will PayPal ban me because 3 PayPal accounts are receiving payments from the exact same URL?
Old 09-26-2020
Threadstarter  

Default 🚨✋will paypal ban me now? ✋🚨

Hi,

I'm running a legit Shopify Dropshipping business and I plan to create 3 PayPal accounts so i can split my revenue under multiple PayPal accounts instead of only 1 account. The 3 PayPal accounts will have different Name, Adress, Phone, VBA, VCC (completely new identity=... only thing that stays the same is that they all receive payments from the same URL domain.

And the problem is that it's not allowed that 1 person has 3 PayPal accounts and i was not sure if PayPal will sees the connection between these 3 PayPal accounts when they all receive payments from the exact same URL domain address. Will PayPal ban the 3 PayPal accounts because they are receiving payments from the exact same URL which results that 1 person owns the 3 accounts?

Please help
Old 09-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

I wouldn't know for sure.

Perhaps you could contact PayPal to discuss the reason why they no longer trust your business as much as they used to.

If you can afford it, propose a rolling reserve. Always better to allay their fears than end up with a suspended account.
Old 09-26-2020
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: 🚨✋will paypal ban me now? ✋🚨

As discussed in your other thread, it is better to attend to their fears and find ways to assure PayPal that you'd keep looking after your customers.

PayPal will link all accounts associated with that domain name. If one goes down, the rest will sadly follow.

On the contrary, if you plan to scale things up, you can create another brand, offer it on another domain name. As long as you dissociate it from yourself and the other domain, it should not be affected should anything untoward occur to the first.

Good luck.

You have two other threads on a similar topic. It makes it hard to keep track of conversations.

Last edited by Pandoras_box; 09-27-2020 at 07:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandoras_box For This Useful Post:
AOM (09-26-2020)
Old 09-26-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartbelong View Post
Hi,

PayPal is holding all incoming transactions for 21 days with the reason that the transaction is „high risk“. I don‘t sell any high risk products, i don‘t have a lot of chargebacks but they still say that every transaction is high risk.

Does anyone knows the actually reason behind this? It‘s happening since months..
being considered as high risk have a lot of factors, not only with the products/items you are selling, also with your over-all selling performance.
Like how you handle the returns, disputes, etc.
Also, it might be on the part of the buyers that they consider as high risk transaction, thus holding the funds for a while.
As what pandoras_box suggested, you may call up paypal to know what's the issue, on why they are holding the funds that long.
Old 09-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
As discussed in your other thread, it is better to attend to their fears and find ways to assure PayPal that you'd keep looking after your customers.

PayPal will link all accounts associated with that domain name. If one goes down, the rest will sadly follow.

On the contrary, if you plan to scale things up, you can create another brand, offer it on another domain name. As long as you dissociate it from yourself and the other domain, it should not be affected should anything occurs to the first.

Good luck.

You have two other threads on a similar topic. It makes it hard to keep track of conversations.
Thank you for your help )
Old 09-27-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Thank you for your help )
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

Old 09-27-2020

Longevity: 21%

It is very easy to create different shops with different domains, etc. so Paypal does not connect your 3 Paypals together. But be careful, you need to treat them as entirely different persons and "lives". I f you make a mistake and connect them, they are gone.
Old 09-27-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by raAlfa View Post
It is very easy to create different shops with different domains, etc. so Paypal does not connect your 3 Paypals together. But be careful, you need to treat them as entirely different persons and "lives". I f you make a mistake and connect them, they are gone.

So that means PayPal would ban all 3 accounts if they all receiving payments from the same website?
Old 09-29-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
So that means PayPal would ban all 3 accounts if they all receiving payments from the same website?
In most cases, I would directly say yes. So, try to avoid it.
Old 09-30-2020

Longevity: 41%

You know I received a paypal message, they say something like it's been a while since I am selling, but started to sell again like three weeks ago, anyways they say my money would be released after a week of shipping confirmation. The week is gone and the funds are still frozen, then I edited the tracking number on paypal to check if everything is right, but after that now I see the funds will be releases a day after delivery confirmation, that is still suspicious. On my other paypal account I added the tracking number on the website I sold the item but I saw nothing happend after delivery, I went to check this on the paypal account so there was a surprise because tracking number hasn't been uploaded so I added the tracking information on paypal but after item has been delivered, so in this case, do you think I will get my funds released before the 21 days? Please some help
Old 09-30-2020

Quote:
3 days after tracking shows delivered,depends on the item it could be more days
You know there is tracking but the problem is I uploaded the tracking on paypal after it was delivered, does it count for paypal?. On my other paypal account I was making sales without frozen funds but nevertheless after a while they said I had some inactivity, then the funds are frozen but it was supposed the funds to be release it after a week, the tracking number is not updated on ebay, nevertheless on the post office website it shows some update but item didn't arrive the destination country yet, so far my funds are not available in both my paypal accounts.

Thank you.
Old 09-30-2020

Allmost all my shipments can be track once it leaves my country, and I am talking about the shipments fully traceable with has frozen funds. One of them was for the US delivered two days ago but for mistake I uploaded the tracking information on paypal yesterday. The other shipment is also fully traceable but I'm not sure it is fully traceable on paypal. Now I wonder whether it is still convenient to sell items on websites like ebay in order of collecting the money by paypal because there is amazon which has traffic, so you know there will be more sales and I know the will hold my money for a while too. You know for my last sale first I was told the funds will be on hold for seven days after the shipping then when updating the tracking information on paypal I see it will be one day after the delivery, but I know the delivery time for that destination is usually less than the 21 days, but what if it takes like five weeks to deliver the item, so it is not worth to wait that time just for a sale.
Old 10-01-2020

Longevity: 37%

They almost always hold payments for 21 days, especially on new pp accounts
Closed Thread