Just got the KISS OF DEATH HELP - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 10-02-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Just got the KISS OF DEATH HELP

I just started selling electronics on March on EBAY and have gradually increased my sales every month. It was amazing. I was finding new buyers and vendors and my company was growing.

I kept getting my account limited every month or two because PayPal was concerned at how fast I was growing. I was doubling tripling my sales every month and last month I sent out invoices that amount to over 10,000 per invoice. I answered all their questions and repeatedly sent the documents they needed every time my account waslimited.

Just recently I started having some of my vendors send me money through Friends and Family to circumvent the Paypal fees. Over 10,000$ were being sent in increments from 500 to 1000 dollars through different people. I got an email saying that PayPal has been noticing that I have been getting a lot of money through friends and family even though it was for purchase.

After receiving that email I told my vendors to stop and they proceeded to stop after finishing the rest of the transactions. My PayPaly account once again got limited and as usual I got on the phone with PayPal once again to try to unrestrict my account as it hinders me from doing business.

Speaking with a representative on PayPal she was ruthless and insensitive to the fact that I have done so much business through PayPal and generated them a lot of revenues in fees. I probably did over 200,000$ worth of business in a short 10 months. Needless to say she questioned all the payments I have been receiving through Paypal. I panicked instead of telling her that it was to circumvent the fees from purchases, I told her that those payments that I received through Friends and Family were for loans to help my business to go through a pandemic as well as groceries and rent. She ignored everything I had to say about it and told me that she will be shutting my Paypal account and that they will not be doing business with me no longer.

I tried speaking with supervisors with no avail. They all came to the conclusion that my account was a danger to Paypal and that they agreed that they can no longer be able to do business with me. This is a huge blow to my business as I send out a lot of invoices through PayPal to my buyers. Without a third party to guarantee them if their products don't arrive or isn't what they ordered PayPal protects them. Each of those invoices ranges from 5,000 to 15,000$.

I have another baby PayPal account that is registered under a different but similar name. The bank is different instead of Chase it is BOA. How do I build up that account without raising any red flags. The account that got shut down was registered under my SSN. If you guys can please offer guidance on how to build up that account quickly because I need to be able to send invoices as my business will suffer.

Do you guys recommend another payment processer that is as dependable as PayPal.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and reading this!

Last edited by osmanip; 10-02-2020 at 09:57 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-02-2020

Longevity: 23%
Default Re: Just got the KISS OF DEATH HELP

The friends & family payments was what screwed your account
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris161093 For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (10-02-2020)
Old 10-02-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Yep, chris is right.

An account that does $200k per year is nothing to Paypal. They take fee avoidance very seriously and they never give 2nd chances when you get busted for it.

There are no real alternatives to Paypal if you're wanting to sell online. You'd need to start over, but this time gradually ease up your transaction volume so they don't request invoices from you. It's not that hard to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (10-06-2020)
Old 10-02-2020

Longevity: 21%

Something doesn't add up here. How were you getting paid via 'friends and family' for ebay sales?

As the poster above said, Managed payments is the obvious solution.
Old 10-02-2020

Longevity: 20%

Did you have funds locked up in that account tho?
You shouldn't avoid having the small goods and services fee. Getting a lot of F&F payments is risky.
Get a good business paypal, and start slow again, and never do the same mistakes.
Old 10-02-2020
Threadstarter  

I started off selling on eBay and as my business grew I met a lot of awesome buyers through eBay and because they started trusted me after buying through PayPal they we starting doing Friends and Family to avoid the fees.

I did have a total of 10,000$ worth of funds locked up in PayPal. However since i told my buyer to stop sending me payments through Friends and Family after the email warning from PayPal which he neglected. Those were his funds that were being locked up.

I tried refunding the payment that he paid through Friends and Family which cause their account being limited and locked up lol.
Old 10-02-2020
Threadstarter  

So you guy are suggesting that I create a new business with a complete new EIN number and build the business up slowly?

How would I build the business slowly since my invoicing needs are already high?

How much money can I initially invoice them as all the businesses that I have no longer need PayPal. Ebay got rid of paypal and all my sales are through Ayden.

I would like to build up my new PayPal account and are seeking advice on how to do so safely and without risk of exposing my account.
Old 10-03-2020
Speeder33

Longevity: 0%

Yes, unfortunately you tried to avoid their fees and got caught. While it is possible to get back on (and make as many sales are you were before) it requires a bit of patience

If you try and meet the "invoicing needs" you have now, you will almost certainly be banned right away
Old 10-03-2020

Activity: 21%
Longevity: 40%

Were these stealth accounts ? if so, who cares. Just repeat what you did before but this time pay your fees.
Old 10-05-2020

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 50%

Too bad you lost such an account. Yoh should have just paid your fees.