eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Scammers, dispute Paypal bank refunds (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/141728-scammers-dispute-paypal-bank-refunds.html)

Dmitry 01-28-2021 06:35 AM

Scammers, dispute Paypal bank refunds

Hello!
I am selling a digital product that does not require shipping to track.
From time to time, scammers appear who call their bank and ask to cancel the payment due to non-receipt of goods or as an unauthorized payment, then Paypal opens a dispute and most often the case is closed in favor of the buyer.
How to deal with this?
If the buyer sends a personal payment via Paypal, will he be able to get the money back by contacting his bank or not? Will Paypal be on the buyer's side again?

magina 01-28-2021 06:42 AM

Re: Scammers, dispute Paypal bank refunds

Yea, it sucks. That's the disdvatange of selling digital items on ebay without providing tracking details.
Let it go, you cannot win the dispute.

Quote:

If the buyer sends a personal payment via Paypal, will he be able to get the money back by contacting his bank or not? Will Paypal be on the buyer's side again?
even if the buyer sends it as personal payments, they can still dispute it via their bank (not on paypal), then paypal will open a dispute stating that the bank issuer did not authorize the transaction.

Dmitry 01-28-2021 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magina (Post 1138962)
Yea, it sucks. That's the disdvatange of selling digital items on ebay without providing tracking details.
Let it go, you cannot win the dispute.

even if the buyer sends it as personal payments, they can still dispute it via their bank (not on paypal), then paypal will open a dispute stating that the bank issuer did not authorize the transaction.

In this case, I did not sell through Ebay, but directly through Paypal
Today I received an email from Paypal that the buyer opened a dispute with his bank because the item was not received.
When disputes were opened as an unauthorized payment, I always lost them, but now the dispute is open "goods not received"
I have taken proof of the screenshots where the buyer confirms receipt of the goods, what are my chances?
Will I lose the argument?
The buyer made 5-7 orders within two weeks, I think he will open a dispute on all payments.

Pandoras_box 01-28-2021 07:27 AM

Ship out a blank envelope with every purchase and add tracking.

Dmitry 01-28-2021 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandoras_box (Post 1138969)
Ship out a blank envelope with every purchase and add tracking.

But in this case, the buyer simply will not come to receive the goods or will demand to return the goods.

bugmyday 01-28-2021 01:07 PM

Cant do much when it comes to chargebacks most bank sides with the buyer.

SaiJin 01-28-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmitry (Post 1138961)
Hello!
I am selling a digital product that does not require shipping to track.
From time to time, scammers appear who call their bank and ask to cancel the payment due to non-receipt of goods or as an unauthorized payment, then Paypal opens a dispute and most often the case is closed in favor of the buyer.
How to deal with this?

nothing you can do. If it's not the buyer messing with you, selling digital stuff will get you banned eventually since PP doesn't like it.

agent006140 01-28-2021 07:08 PM

either stop selling digital items or ask for cash/money order.

combiseries 02-01-2021 08:49 AM

Sounds like you`re selling Windows 10 Pro Keys and Office keys.......

Won`t last long.

shootemup321 02-03-2021 04:46 AM

You have a small chance if you have screenshots. Although if it’s a stealth, it’s not even worth it as they look into your account more. That’s the cost of selling digital goods. The only way guaranteed buyer can’t get money back is if they send with friends and family.

rsot 02-03-2021 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shootemup321 (Post 1139889)
You have a small chance if you have screenshots. Although if it’s a stealth, it’s not even worth it as they look into your account more. That’s the cost of selling digital goods. The only way guaranteed buyer can’t get money back is if they send with friends and family.

Repeated friends and family use can also lead to account limitation so it's a catch 22 unfortunately

shootemup321 02-03-2021 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1139892)
Repeated friends and family use can also lead to account limitation so it's a catch 22 unfortunately

Ya that is what I have heard on here before. I try to stay away from it. No payment processor likes digital delivered goods or services. You have to take the risk or only accept Bitcoin/ other crypto currency’s where they can’t do chargebacks but then buyers are scared to trust you. I am a service provider myself and also sold digital goods.