eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   How does PayPal verify identity? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/141905-how-does-paypal-verify-identity.html)

nomadboy 02-06-2021 07:58 PM

How does PayPal verify identity?

Hey guys,new on the forum,but I’ve been very in PayPal game because of my internet hustle.
So,my question is - how does PayPal tray identify you?I know in the US it’s SSN,
but in case with other countries - they basically just trust you if the document is looking convincing enough?Because I’m pretty sure they don’t have any access to any government database.And if that’s the case,what do you think are the specific details they check?exit data,stuff like that?
I’m sort of confused,because sometime it could be the same quality documents - but different results.From what I’ve heard they changing their tactics everytime and they don’t ever diclose the way they do it,why they ban your account,etc.
So of course any of your replies will be speculations,but at the same time I don’t think they hold some sort of a sacred secret and there is no way around.
Looking forward to your replies and sorry for a long post!

rsot 02-07-2021 07:55 AM

Re: How does PayPal verify identity?

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth :thumb:

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s

I'm fairly sure they use algorithms on the "ID number" of the document you choose to send in - to make sure it conforms with valid IDs...

nomadboy 02-07-2021 10:57 AM

But if they don’t have a database access,they probably have a sort of note on how these is numbers supposed to look.I noticed same thing with iban number - I was generating ibans just so it looks there is a bank( Czech accounts don’t require mini deposits) so as soon as iban was by the standards,the system thought its real

agent006140 02-07-2021 12:27 PM

who said they dont have data base access?

frustr8ed 02-07-2021 05:49 PM

I have been hit with limitations a few times now, asking for ID plus supplier invoices etc.many of the accounts have had more than 7-8k through them. But after supplying a good stealth ID the accounts have been sunk. I don’t sell anything particularly risky.

Many other people here seem to be getting through PPs ID verification quite well but I feel like it’s impossible now without real ID?

nomadboy 02-07-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agent006140 (Post 1140712)
who said they dont have data base access?

I mean,they are a corporation,not government

nomadboy 02-07-2021 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frustr8ed (Post 1140770)
I have been hit with limitations a few times now, asking for ID plus supplier invoices etc.many of the accounts have had more than 7-8k through them. But after supplying a good stealth ID the accounts have been sunk. I don’t sell anything particularly risky.

Many other people here seem to be getting through PPs ID verification quite well but I feel like it’s impossible now without real ID?

My ratio,I would say 70 to 30%,where 70 is successful limit removal.But what confuses me is everytime the conditions are the same,otherwise I could make a formula out of it.Seems like it depends on representative’s mood lol
Also I noticed if they only ask you for ID,that usually is lifted within an hour,but if they ask for bank statements,supplier invoices,etc. it seems like they taking a more detailed review.
The only things that come to my mind - something wrong with exif data,or my system could be not perfect.Worth mentioning that sometimes everything goes smooth even with a public vpn on,so there is definitely something fishy going on.

SaiJin 02-09-2021 01:51 PM

Quote:

THe point is you need to figure out how to avoid getting those document request in the first place. Most likely it's your activities that's triggering it.

Whenever PP asks for docs in my eyes the account is toast. It's always been like this forever

agent006140 02-09-2021 05:58 PM

I know they can verify your passport info.

Zwill 02-10-2021 11:38 PM

What country passports? Even foreign?

0bitus 02-11-2021 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwill (Post 1141327)

The machinе-rеadable pаsspоrt format and check digits calculations are standardized in most countries.

ilcarletto 02-11-2021 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1141106)
THe point is you need to figure out how to avoid getting those document request in the first place. Most likely it's your activities that's triggering it.

Whenever PP asks for docs in my eyes the account is toast. It's always been like this forever

not if they ask them for exceeding annual incoming limits.

in my country they cannot check old style ID card for sure

rsot 02-11-2021 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0bitus (Post 1141333)
The machinе-rеadable pаsspоrt format and check digits calculations are standardized in most countries.

Algorithms at play, yes

Zwill 02-11-2021 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0bitus (Post 1141333)

This is no problem

SaiJin 02-11-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zwill (Post 1141327)

There's a bunch of so called codes on a passport that you can see and figure out if the Passport is real or not...

Shadyhero1002 02-11-2021 11:16 PM

I've noticed after you submit the documents they ask you to provide, if you call them asking them to verify the documents that you just uploaded 9/10 they'll verify it without a problem.

MathProfessor 02-12-2021 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadboy (Post 1140795)
My ratio,I would say 70 to 30%,where 70 is successful limit removal.But what confuses me is everytime the conditions are the same,otherwise I could make a formula out of it.Seems like it depends on representative’s mood lol
Also I noticed if they only ask you for ID,that usually is lifted within an hour,but if they ask for bank statements,supplier invoices,etc. it seems like they taking a more detailed review.
The only things that come to my mind - something wrong with exif data,or my system could be not perfect.Worth mentioning that sometimes everything goes smooth even with a public vpn on,so there is definitely something fishy going on.

If they only ask for ID, e.g. for a 2500 euro limit, just send the ID and everything will be OK.

If they are asking for ID, details of transactions, etc. they have already decided they will close your account, they just want to collect as much information as possible beforehand.

nktspeedy 02-13-2021 06:33 PM

Quote:

Only id limits are removing very well,so i am 100% sure this not a id issue,all the issue is invoices, i usually struggle with invoice most of the time because i don't understand how to make good invoices that paypal will like

nktspeedy 02-13-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1141106)

but if you will remove the limits account will be very strong for future,this is 100% tested

nktspeedy 02-13-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomadboy (Post 1140795)

Can you give me a tip where do you get those invoices,because i am struggling with them all of the time,i sell electronics on ebay, usually used and most of the time don't have any cheques and so on