How does PayPal verify identity? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-06-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 18%
Lightbulb How does PayPal verify identity?

Hey guys,new on the forum,but I’ve been very in PayPal game because of my internet hustle.
So,my question is - how does PayPal tray identify you?I know in the US it’s SSN,
but in case with other countries - they basically just trust you if the document is looking convincing enough?Because I’m pretty sure they don’t have any access to any government database.And if that’s the case,what do you think are the specific details they check?exit data,stuff like that?
I’m sort of confused,because sometime it could be the same quality documents - but different results.From what I’ve heard they changing their tactics everytime and they don’t ever diclose the way they do it,why they ban your account,etc.
So of course any of your replies will be speculations,but at the same time I don’t think they hold some sort of a sacred secret and there is no way around.
Looking forward to your replies and sorry for a long post!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: How does PayPal verify identity?

Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s

I'm fairly sure they use algorithms on the "ID number" of the document you choose to send in - to make sure it conforms with valid IDs...
Old 02-07-2021
Threadstarter  

But if they don’t have a database access,they probably have a sort of note on how these is numbers supposed to look.I noticed same thing with iban number - I was generating ibans just so it looks there is a bank( Czech accounts don’t require mini deposits) so as soon as iban was by the standards,the system thought its real
Old 02-07-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

who said they dont have data base access?
Old 02-07-2021

Longevity: 93%

I have been hit with limitations a few times now, asking for ID plus supplier invoices etc.many of the accounts have had more than 7-8k through them. But after supplying a good stealth ID the accounts have been sunk. I don’t sell anything particularly risky.

Many other people here seem to be getting through PPs ID verification quite well but I feel like it’s impossible now without real ID?
Old 02-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
who said they dont have data base access?
I mean,they are a corporation,not government
Old 02-07-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustr8ed View Post
I have been hit with limitations a few times now, asking for ID plus supplier invoices etc.many of the accounts have had more than 7-8k through them. But after supplying a good stealth ID the accounts have been sunk. I don’t sell anything particularly risky.

Many other people here seem to be getting through PPs ID verification quite well but I feel like it’s impossible now without real ID?
My ratio,I would say 70 to 30%,where 70 is successful limit removal.But what confuses me is everytime the conditions are the same,otherwise I could make a formula out of it.Seems like it depends on representative’s mood lol
Also I noticed if they only ask you for ID,that usually is lifted within an hour,but if they ask for bank statements,supplier invoices,etc. it seems like they taking a more detailed review.
The only things that come to my mind - something wrong with exif data,or my system could be not perfect.Worth mentioning that sometimes everything goes smooth even with a public VPN on,so there is definitely something fishy going on.
The Following User Says Thank You to nomadboy For This Useful Post:
rsot (02-08-2021)
Old 02-09-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:

THe point is you need to figure out how to avoid getting those document request in the first place. Most likely it's your activities that's triggering it.

Whenever PP asks for docs in my eyes the account is toast. It's always been like this forever
Old 02-09-2021

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

I know they can verify your passport info.
Old 02-10-2021

Longevity: 23%

What country passports? Even foreign?
Old 02-11-2021

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwill View Post
The machinе-rеadable pаsspоrt format and check digits calculations are standardized in most countries.
Old 02-11-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,251 Posts
Activity: 25%
Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
THe point is you need to figure out how to avoid getting those document request in the first place. Most likely it's your activities that's triggering it.

Whenever PP asks for docs in my eyes the account is toast. It's always been like this forever
not if they ask them for exceeding annual incoming limits.

in my country they cannot check old style ID card for sure
Old 02-11-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bitus View Post
The machinе-rеadable pаsspоrt format and check digits calculations are standardized in most countries.
Algorithms at play, yes
Old 02-11-2021

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0bitus View Post
This is no problem
Old 02-11-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwill View Post
There's a bunch of so called codes on a passport that you can see and figure out if the Passport is real or not...
Old 02-11-2021

Longevity: 19%

I've noticed after you submit the documents they ask you to provide, if you call them asking them to verify the documents that you just uploaded 9/10 they'll verify it without a problem.
Old 02-12-2021

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadboy View Post
My ratio,I would say 70 to 30%,where 70 is successful limit removal.But what confuses me is everytime the conditions are the same,otherwise I could make a formula out of it.Seems like it depends on representative’s mood lol
Also I noticed if they only ask you for ID,that usually is lifted within an hour,but if they ask for bank statements,supplier invoices,etc. it seems like they taking a more detailed review.
The only things that come to my mind - something wrong with exif data,or my system could be not perfect.Worth mentioning that sometimes everything goes smooth even with a public VPN on,so there is definitely something fishy going on.
If they only ask for ID, e.g. for a 2500 euro limit, just send the ID and everything will be OK.

If they are asking for ID, details of transactions, etc. they have already decided they will close your account, they just want to collect as much information as possible beforehand.
Old 02-13-2021

Longevity: 21%

Quote:

Only id limits are removing very well,so i am 100% sure this not a id issue,all the issue is invoices, i usually struggle with invoice most of the time because i don't understand how to make good invoices that paypal will like
Old 02-13-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post

but if you will remove the limits account will be very strong for future,this is 100% tested
Old 02-13-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadboy View Post
Can you give me a tip where do you get those invoices,because i am struggling with them all of the time,i sell electronics on ebay, usually used and most of the time don't have any cheques and so on