Paypal negative from banned country - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Default Paypal negative from banned country

So I've been dropshipping for nearly a year casually on Ebay. Got a virtual phone number and address from UK and accessed PP with VPN because Paypal is banned in my country. So I withdraw my money from PP a few weeks ago and had quite a few refund requests on Ebay afterwards. I couldn't afford to give all the refunds so Ebay payed the buyers and is trying to get it from my Paypal which has nothing. Paypal tries to get it from my Transferwise account which is also empty. I can't negotiate a payment plan with PP because it is banned in my country and I am not a UK citizen. My question is what will happen to me if I don't pay it for a long time until I have enough money to deposit it back to PP? I'm currently at -1400$. Removed all my credit cards from PP. They may probably not even care about it but I'd like to know the possible legal and financial consequences of being in minus for a few months until you deposit it back. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-17-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,199 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Paypal negative from banned country

They'll suspend your account and send you to collection agency.
Old 04-17-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
They'll suspend your account and send you to collection agency.
I live in Turkey and they do not operate in Turkey. They will sell my debt to a UK based debt collection agency. Will they pursue me? I am hoping to pay them back in a few months - but cannot negotiate a payment plan as they withdrew from Turkey. I guess I cannot negotiate with a debt collection agency too. So what will happen? Will they find me from my PP added Transferwise account and reach me all the way from UK?
Old 04-18-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersc View Post
I live in Turkey and they do not operate in Turkey. They will sell my debt to a UK based debt collection agency. Will they pursue me? I am hoping to pay them back in a few months - but cannot negotiate a payment plan as they withdrew from Turkey. I guess I cannot negotiate with a debt collection agency too. So what will happen? Will they find me from my PP added Transferwise account and reach me all the way from UK?
UK based collection agency trying to pursue a person in Turkey? Sounds weird - out of the country no jurisdiction...
Old 04-18-2021

Longevity: 51%

it cross border they cant do anything even if you dont pay
Old 04-18-2021

Thanked 1,103 Times in 1,039 Posts
Activity: 90%
Longevity: 33%

you should change your flag to Turkey so we know you are in Turkey,not UK.
So Ebay is made whole and Paypal is now negative !
And there is no money in transferwise account and you removed all your credit cards from your PAYPAL account.
There is a way Paypal can recover its loss,but I am not privy to tell you.
Are you still selling on Ebay?If so,your sales proceeds will go to Paypal and will be used t o offset that -1400.
Have you heard from Paypal,usually they will send you an email asking you to move money from bank account to cover that deficit?
The Following User Says Thank You to agent006140 For This Useful Post:
mastersc (04-18-2021)
Old 04-18-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
you should change your flag to Turkey so we know you are in Turkey,not UK.
So Ebay is made whole and Paypal is now negative !
And there is no money in transferwise account and you removed all your credit cards from your PAYPAL account.
There is a way Paypal can recover its loss,but I am not privy to tell you.
Are you still selling on Ebay?If so,your sales proceeds will go to Paypal and will be used t o offset that -1400.
Have you heard from Paypal,usually they will send you an email asking you to move money from bank account to cover that deficit?
No I haven't heard from them as it is negative for approximately 2 weeks. I guess they will contact me soon. I added my credit cards before but they are removed - I guess they can't charge them? I will try to negotiate payment plan if possible - Thank you for all the help. I appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mastersc For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (04-18-2021)
Old 04-18-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
UK based collection agency trying to pursue a person in Turkey? Sounds weird - out of the country no jurisdiction...
I understand. Although that is tempting I will still pay them as I get the money as I owe them. But it makes me think how does Paypal combat with foreign scammers selling on Ebay before transfering it to their Transferwise and disappear?
Old 04-18-2021

interesting,thats for Paypal and transferwise to figure out how.
This is not related to your case,but worth knowing-
An AMZN third party seller has $80K in his AMZN account.
Someone hacked into his account and add a new bank account,then transferred $80k into that bank account.
By the time the seller found out his money is gone,it went to AMZN and wanted to know what bank account did the money got transferred to?
AMZN refused to co-operate,but since then has add a new requirement,before you want to add/change/remove a bank account,you must tell AMZN the current bank account account number,a stranger would not know ,but if it is an insider job,he would know
Old 04-18-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
interesting,thats for Paypal and transferwise to figure out how.
This is not related to your case,but worth knowing-
An AMZN third party seller has $80K in his AMZN account.
Someone hacked into his account and add a new bank account,then transferred $80k into that bank account.
By the time the seller found out his money is gone,it went to AMZN and wanted to know what bank account did the money got transferred to?
AMZN refused to co-operate,but since then has add a new requirement,before you want to add/change/remove a bank account,you must tell AMZN the current bank account account number,a stranger would not know ,but if it is an insider job,he would know
That seems plausible. Ebay and Paypal seem to be very irresponsible and not caring - so they end up with a lot of scammers. I guess Paypal covers that problem by seizing accounts with positive balances randomly unfortunately.
Old 04-18-2021
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

PayPal has collections (lost money is sold off to 3rd parties to collect).

If the account has all stealth information on it it's a lot harder for collections.. to collect. If not it's much easier to collect.
Old 04-18-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,546 Times in 2,199 Posts
Activity: 58%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
No I haven't heard from them as it is negative for approximately 2 weeks. I guess they will contact me soon. I added my credit cards before but they are removed - I guess they can't charge them? I will try to negotiate payment plan if possible - Thank you for all the help. I appreciate it.
From what I have seen, they never truly delete a financial info like CC or Bank acc.
So it's a possibility they might try charging the bank or CC first
Old 04-18-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
From what I have seen, they never truly delete a financial info like CC or Bank acc.
So it's a possibility they might try charging the bank or CC first
I know Paypal never remove any closed Paypal account,you may close your account but it is still there.
but with accounts which are still open,they have rules you cannot add the same bank account more than 3 times,so how does it know unless it saves all your past adding and removing activities?
As for credit card,thats a different story !
Old 04-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I would also like to ask this - My situation can be minor but I am sure there have been major foreign scammers that withdrew the money and disappeared. What do collection agencies do in that situation? Do they reach out to local authorities?
Old 04-19-2021

if your debt is sold to collection agency,they have an army of people sitting in cubicle calling and calling,they call your landlord,neighbor,co worker,ex spouse,eployer,they pour thru listings and listings t o find you,but if your account is stealth and you are not in UK,I dont see how they can find you.
No,they do not report to police.
Old 04-19-2021
Threadstarter  

I understand. There is also my bank account in Paypal. Is there anything else that agency can do with that? It is a transferwise account to transfer money from Paypal to Turkish banks. I believe they won't bother for my balance.

What do they do when it is large sums of money that people have in negative - but are in the same situation as I am? Turkish citizen selling in Ebay with UK Paypal account. That has a deactivated Tranferwise account attached to it. Isn't there anything they can do to chase people internationally? I mean - they won't just call and wait for serious sums would they?
Old 04-19-2021

how can they call you if you are in Turkey and they dont have your phone number?
all they can do is wait for you to come back with another PAYPAL account and sieze your fund?
Old 04-19-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
how can they call you if you are in Turkey and they dont have your phone number?
all they can do is wait for you to come back with another PAYPAL account and sieze your fund?
I understand. I assumed they would contact local authorities after finding a bank account and possibly sue people that get away with serious amounts of money. I mean do they just let people get away with tens of thousands of dollars?
Old 04-28-2021

Longevity: 51%

how much is your negative bal and how did you get transferwise account?
Old 04-29-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I understand. I assumed they would contact local authorities after finding a bank account and possibly sue people that get away with serious amounts of money. I mean do they just let people get away with tens of thousands of dollars?
Is this your situation here? Just clarifying...
Old 05-17-2022

Longevity: 32%

Quote:

they can't. why ? because you are the victim, not the fraudster, so police will turn them over.
Old 05-17-2022
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplex View Post
they can't. why ? because you are the victim, not the fraudster, so police will turn them over.
Bit of a dated thread...
Closed Thread