eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Possible PayPal link due to 4-year old IP link? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/143934-possible-paypal-link-due-4-year-old-ip-link.html)

walkingupwards 06-10-2021 03:01 AM

Possible PayPal link due to 4-year old IP link?

Hey everybody,

I lived in a place for a year and an internet-connection was part of the rental agreement. I used that internet connection which was provided by the housing company for a full year during which I signed into my PayPal countless times.

After I lived there for a year I decided to leave and someone I knew wanted to move into that apartment and he ended up living there for a year during which he also logged into his personal PayPal account (he didn't have a business PayPal at the time).

All of the above took place four years ago. So on PayPal books both my account and this guy's PayPal logged in using the same IP address.

Few weeks ago this guy opened a business PayPal account and is now dropshipping stuff on Shopfiy and using PP to receive payments.

Do you think the IP link that was created between my PayPal and his personal PP four years ago would still be viable today if his newly created business account goes down?

rsot 06-10-2021 05:07 AM

Re: Possible PayPal link due to 4-year old IP link?

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 1157370)

Do you think the IP link that was created between my PayPal and his personal PP four years ago would still be viable today if his newly created business account goes down?

While there are many other variables are at play for linking, IP linking only is unlikely to just be a reason to bring another unrelated account down in general

PPbb 06-10-2021 06:31 AM

IP linking is one factor only and its weight not that large. Basically PayPal are aware that people in my buildings share IP addresses and knows that the same IP could have been assigned multiple times for different users.

If there should be an issue, it will be the physical address not IP. The person is using the same address you used before.

walkingupwards 06-10-2021 06:34 AM

Usually when eBay bans an account, they leave your "Buying" account alone. Does PayPal do the same or once a business account is banned the personal will follow suit?

walkingupwards 06-10-2021 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPbb (Post 1157411)
IP linking is one factor only and its weight not that large. Basically PayPal are aware that people in my buildings share IP addresses and knows that the same IP could have been assigned multiple times for different users.

If there should be an issue, it will be the physical address not IP. The person is using the same address you used before.

What I would love to know is whether IP links expire as time passes or not? :violin:

SaiJin 06-15-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 1157370)
Hey everybody,

I lived in a place for a year and an internet-connection was part of the rental agreement. I used that internet connection which was provided by the housing company for a full year during which I signed into my PayPal countless times.

After I lived there for a year I decided to leave and someone I knew wanted to move into that apartment and he ended up living there for a year during which he also logged into his personal PayPal account (he didn't have a business PayPal at the time).

All of the above took place four years ago. So on PayPal books both my account and this guy's PayPal logged in using the same IP address.

Few weeks ago this guy opened a business PayPal account and is now dropshipping stuff on Shopfiy and using PP to receive payments.

Considering it's paypal, I think 4 years is a safe bet.

If you asked about amazon, I'd reply differently

rsot 06-16-2021 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walkingupwards (Post 1157412)
Usually when eBay bans an account, they leave your "Buying" account alone. Does PayPal do the same or once a business account is banned the personal will follow suit?

PP tends to let buying accounts be ok if you don't mess around with chargebacks