Possible PayPal link due to 4-year old IP link? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-10-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
Default Possible PayPal link due to 4-year old IP link?

Hey everybody,

I lived in a place for a year and an internet-connection was part of the rental agreement. I used that internet connection which was provided by the housing company for a full year during which I signed into my PayPal countless times.

After I lived there for a year I decided to leave and someone I knew wanted to move into that apartment and he ended up living there for a year during which he also logged into his personal PayPal account (he didn't have a business PayPal at the time).

All of the above took place four years ago. So on PayPal books both my account and this guy's PayPal logged in using the same IP address.

Few weeks ago this guy opened a business PayPal account and is now dropshipping stuff on Shopfiy and using PP to receive payments.

Do you think the IP link that was created between my PayPal and his personal PP four years ago would still be viable today if his newly created business account goes down?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-10-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: Possible PayPal link due to 4-year old IP link?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingupwards View Post

Do you think the IP link that was created between my PayPal and his personal PP four years ago would still be viable today if his newly created business account goes down?
While there are many other variables are at play for linking, IP linking only is unlikely to just be a reason to bring another unrelated account down in general
Old 06-10-2021

Longevity: 38%

IP linking is one factor only and its weight not that large. Basically PayPal are aware that people in my buildings share IP addresses and knows that the same IP could have been assigned multiple times for different users.

If there should be an issue, it will be the physical address not IP. The person is using the same address you used before.
Old 06-10-2021
Threadstarter  

Usually when eBay bans an account, they leave your "Buying" account alone. Does PayPal do the same or once a business account is banned the personal will follow suit?
Old 06-10-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPbb View Post
IP linking is one factor only and its weight not that large. Basically PayPal are aware that people in my buildings share IP addresses and knows that the same IP could have been assigned multiple times for different users.

If there should be an issue, it will be the physical address not IP. The person is using the same address you used before.

What I would love to know is whether IP links expire as time passes or not?
Old 06-15-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,536 Times in 2,190 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Hey everybody,

I lived in a place for a year and an internet-connection was part of the rental agreement. I used that internet connection which was provided by the housing company for a full year during which I signed into my PayPal countless times.

After I lived there for a year I decided to leave and someone I knew wanted to move into that apartment and he ended up living there for a year during which he also logged into his personal PayPal account (he didn't have a business PayPal at the time).

All of the above took place four years ago. So on PayPal books both my account and this guy's PayPal logged in using the same IP address.

Few weeks ago this guy opened a business PayPal account and is now dropshipping stuff on Shopfiy and using PP to receive payments.

Considering it's paypal, I think 4 years is a safe bet.

If you asked about amazon, I'd reply differently
Old 06-16-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Usually when eBay bans an account, they leave your "Buying" account alone. Does PayPal do the same or once a business account is banned the personal will follow suit?
PP tends to let buying accounts be ok if you don't mess around with chargebacks