UK withdrawal options - bank accounts and cards - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-28-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
Default UK withdrawal options - bank accounts and cards

Hello, first post here. Hoping to get some help relating to the UK.

As some members here will know, a while back the UK brought in some new banking regulations about 'confirmation of payee'. Essentially when you send a bank transfer to another person now, the name has to match the name on their account, as well as the sort code/account number (previously you only needed sort code + account number).

Does this mean one can no longer withdraw money from a stealth paypal account to a bank account? For example, if my real name is John Smith, and my Paypal account is under the name Richard Jones. If I withdraw money from the 'Richard Jones' paypal to the bank account linked to it (i.e. John Smith's bank account), will the transfer go through, or not?

In the UK, we also have the ability to withdraw money to our debit cards. Would that potentially work (i.e. link 'John Smith's' debit card to 'Richard Jones' paypal, and use that to move money back and forth between Paypal and bank account?).

Will the bank have an issue if either John Smith's debit card or bank account is constantly getting transfers from 'Richard Jones'? Are there some UK banks more tolerant of this than others?

Finally - is it OK to link your debit card to paypal, and use that to pay for things through paypal (i.e. using a debit card with 'John Smith' on as a funding method for the paypal account with Richard Jones on?). I ask because I'm wary of leaving too many funds in paypal, so it's obviously better if one can just make payments directly from the bank card rather than having to keep money in a Paypal balance which is much easier for paypal to steal or otherwise hold for 180 days for spurious reasons.

Thanks in advance for any help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-29-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%
Default Re: UK withdrawal options - bank accounts and cards

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

"As some members here will know, a while back the UK brought in some new banking regulations about 'confirmation of payee'. Essentially when you send a bank transfer to another person now, the name has to match the name on their account, as well as the sort code/account number (previously you only needed sort code + account number)." - still waiting to see if this has impact (on my end anyway)