does buying make pp solid - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-02-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 39%
Default does buying make pp solid

so we all know building a history of receiving payments makes paypal stronger, but does using the paypal to make small purchases make it stronger too?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: does buying make pp solid

No. Buying does not give Paypal faith in your ability to manage money, like selling does.
Old 12-02-2021

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KODE332 View Post
so we all know building a history of receiving payments makes paypal stronger, but does using the paypal to make small purchases make it stronger too?
What do you do now with paypal i'm curious
Old 12-02-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 39%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano View Post
What do you do now with paypal i'm curious
sell on other websites obviously..
Old 12-02-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Perhaps to a very small extent but honestly it’s receiving that you want to be doing to build trust
Old 12-04-2021

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
I did *nothing* but buy for almost twenty years, and I *still* got permanently limited.
Old 12-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakehound View Post
I did *nothing* but buy for almost twenty years, and I *still* got permanently limited.

Good job.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
drakehound (12-06-2021)
Old 12-06-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Did you ever find out why?
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
drakehound (12-06-2021)
Old 12-06-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Did you ever find out why?
I had always assumed that the reason I was permanently limited was that I had logged into my PayPal Accounts while travelling in Asia. It turns out that it wasn't that. After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, PayPal responded that something that I bought had been in violation of their Acceptable Use Policy. Of course they won't say which purchase they are talking about, so I cannot defend myself. (Nothing I have ever bought is mentioned in their Acceptable Use Policy.)

At any rate, there had been no transactions whatsoever in my PayPal Accounts for about two months prior to their being permanently limited. (The last purchase prior to that was of a mobile phone part.)

My top suspect at this point is a gift card that I bought. I have read about some other cases of people getting permanently limited after buying gift cards, even though the Acceptable Use Policy doesn't mention gift cards. The permanent limitations came about six months after I bought that gift card, though.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. My avenues are exhausted. I will have to accept that I "can't use PayPal anymore."

Obviously I haven't accepted that, because I am still here at this forum. Haha
Old 12-08-2021

Longevity: 14%

Quote:
I had always assumed that the reason I was permanently limited was that I had logged into my PayPal Accounts while travelling in Asia. It turns out that it wasn't that. After filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, PayPal responded that something that I bought had been in violation of their Acceptable Use Policy. Of course they won't say which purchase they are talking about, so I cannot defend myself. (Nothing I have ever bought is mentioned in their Acceptable Use Policy.)

At any rate, there had been no transactions whatsoever in my PayPal Accounts for about two months prior to their being permanently limited. (The last purchase prior to that was of a mobile phone part.)

My top suspect at this point is a gift card that I bought. I have read about some other cases of people getting permanently limited after buying gift cards, even though the Acceptable Use Policy doesn't mention gift cards. The permanent limitations came about six months after I bought that gift card, though.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. My avenues are exhausted. I will have to accept that I "can't use PayPal anymore."

Obviously I haven't accepted that, because I am still here at this forum. Haha
Exact same thing happened to me. I have never used PayPal to sell anything or accept any payments, I only used PayPal to make purchases. One day I got the notice that I can no longer use PayPal. I have tried a couple stealth accounts, but rarely does paypal allow me to make a purchase, always asks me to link a new CC or bank account, but then tells me I cannot use this cc/ba right now. This has become such a pain in the butt.
The Following User Says Thank You to OhNo For This Useful Post:
drakehound (12-08-2021)
Old 12-08-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNo View Post
Exact same thing happened to me. I have never used PayPal to sell anything or accept any payments, I only used PayPal to make purchases. One day I got the notice that I can no longer use PayPal. I have tried a couple stealth accounts, but rarely does paypal allow me to make a purchase, always asks me to link a new CC or bank account, but then tells me I cannot use this cc/ba right now. This has become such a pain in the butt.
Ohhh...

Well, I hear that once you go stealth, you no longer have a leg to stand on when trying to get your real accounts unlimited.

Amazingly for me, I just received an email yesterday saying that I was unlimited. It took over two years and hundreds of emails.