USA Citizen Trying to Access Paypal Account Abroad - Old Phone number cannot Verify - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 09-30-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 9%
Default USA Citizen Trying to Access Paypal Account Abroad - Old Phone number cannot Verify

Hello,

I am an American, and I was trying to log in to my paypal from abroad. I have two factor authentication turned on, but the phone number used to verify and sign in to the account , I no longer have access to.

So I called paypal to see what could be done, they said I had to make a new account. So I naively tried to make a new account abroad, with a USA mobile number I purchased online. It worked initially, but was immediately limited, then I submitted my ID, and upon review, the account was instantly perma banned, got an email you can no longer use paypal.

Then, I called paypal a second time, trying to see what could be done. Again they gave the same answer ,to make a new account, or when you return to America, we can use different security checks to get you logged in to your account, but they said I must be inside of USA, because they must know my location is outside USA at the moment.

My question is , can I buy a static Residential IP from IP burger, and call paypal, and they will get me logged in thinking i'm in the USA, and the security checks I will be able to complete. Thank you for any help you can provide. I really need to get back into my paypal account.

Last edited by zenabol; 09-30-2022 at 07:47 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-30-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: USA Citizen Trying to Access Paypal Account Abroad - Old Phone number cannot Veri

welcome to the forums.

1. Next time use paragraphs so we can read easier.

2. It's not wise to believe everything PP rep tells you. The fact he told you to make a new account is a huge red flag on its own.

3. You can use the IPBurger USA IP since that account is American right? So that's step 1 .
if you can reclaim the same phone number it'd be ideal. If not, call them from a different American number (not voip) and see if they can add a new number when you tell them you changed your number.
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
zenabol (10-01-2022)
Old 09-30-2022
Threadstarter  

Default Re: USA Citizen Trying to Access Paypal Account Abroad - Old Phone number cannot Veri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
welcome to the forums.

1. Next time use paragraphs so we can read easier.

2. It's not wise to believe everything PP rep tells you. The fact he told you to make a new account is a huge red flag on its own.

3. You can use the IPBurger USA IP since that account is American right? So that's step 1 .
if you can reclaim the same phone number it'd be ideal. If not, call them from a different American number (not voip) and see if they can add a new number when you tell them you changed your number.
1. Thank you, sorry about that , I went and edited it.

2. Why is that a red flag ?

3. Yes account is American. So it is the $29/mo, Static Residential IP USA(proxy) I don't need a VPN also?, sorry I am not too familiar with these terms

I cannot reclaim the number it is a skype number that was deleted.

I was going to use another VOIP skype number to call in but be connected to the IPBurger. That would not work ? I figured it was fine, as long as it recognizes as a VOIP calling from USA, I'll just tell them I need to get a new sim card/phone plan, I just want the 2 factor authentication turned off for now. If not , how can I get a non VOIP usa number to make a call?

Also, I was thinking possibly, If I am connected with IPBurger, I could possibly have other verification methods pop up , when I try to sign in to paypal, hopefully it is as easy as that ..

Thanks ..

Last edited by zenabol; 09-30-2022 at 09:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

2. It is a red flag because the PP agent doesnt realize (or lies....even worse) that you could cause links to the old account and have issues all over again - just one example
Old 10-01-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
2. It is a red flag because the PP agent doesnt realize (or lies....even worse) that you could cause links to the old account and have issues all over again - just one example
Yes I see, I hope me trying to make that new account abroad that was perma banned, and submitting my personal information, doesn't affect my old account I am trying to get into
Old 10-03-2022
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenabol View Post
1. Thank you, sorry about that , I went and edited it.

2. Why is that a red flag ?

3. Yes account is American. So it is the $29/mo, Static Residential IP USA(proxy) I don't need a VPN also?, sorry I am not too familiar with these terms

I cannot reclaim the number it is a skype number that was deleted.

I was going to use another VOIP skype number to call in but be connected to the IPburger. That would not work ? I figured it was fine, as long as it recognizes as a VOIP calling from USA, I'll just tell them I need to get a new sim card/phone plan, I just want the 2 factor authentication turned off for now. If not , how can I get a non VOIP usa number to make a call?

Also, I was thinking possibly, If I am connected with IPburger, I could possibly have other verification methods pop up , when I try to sign in to paypal, hopefully it is as easy as that ..

Thanks ..

No you don't need a VPN if you're using a Residential IP. It's even better than VPN.

Can you just get a sim card phone from your local USA mobile provider? It's only $20/3months.
zenabol (10-06-2022)
Old 10-03-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
No you don't need a VPN if you're using a residential IP. It's even better than VPN.

Can you just get a sim card phone from your local USA mobile provider? It's only $20/3months.
Okay yes, it looks like Arieli mobile offers a USA sim card, that I can get shipped abroad. That would work? It says it has international calling to landlines and mobiles, so which is my best bet , call from the USA skype number behind the proxy? or just order this sim card, activate , and call with it ?

Last edited by zenabol; 10-03-2022 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-06-2022
Executive [VIP]

Activate and call with it
Old 10-11-2022
Super Moderator

Quote:
Okay yes, it looks like Arieli mobile offers a USA sim card, that I can get shipped abroad. That would work? It says it has international calling to landlines and mobiles, so which is my best bet , call from the USA skype number behind the proxy? or just order this sim card, activate , and call with it ?
I'd call from a real USA phone, no voip phones.

Again if possible add as much info to the phone's registration that matches the account you're calling about
Pakson (01-09-2023)
Old 01-06-2023
Threadstarter  

I have ordered a USA sim card, it is on the way. And I now have a Static Residential IP.

I did try calling paypal from skype when connected to my static residential IP, they asked me to verify an old visa prepaid card number, but I did not have the number. They said that there is no way to get into the account, and to open a new account, and they will transfer the balance to the new account.

I guess I will open a new account with the USA Sim card and the USA Static Residential IP? Please advise thanks..
Old 01-06-2023
Super Moderator

Quote:
I have ordered a USA sim card, it is on the way. And I now have a Static Residential IP.

I did try calling paypal from skype when connected to my static residential IP, they asked me to verify an old visa prepaid card number, but I did not have the number. They said that there is no way to get into the account, and to open a new account, and they will transfer the balance to the new account.

I guess I will open a new account with the USA Sim card and the USA Static Residential IP? Please advise thanks..
The last time they told someone something similar, they locked him out of the account. Completely...

There has to be a different wat than your old visa number to verify the account.

Think outside the box
Old 01-06-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
The last time they told someone something similar, they locked him out of the account. Completely...

There has to be a different wat than your old visa number to verify the account.

Think outside the box
I asked them repeatedly, I could give them by bank account or anything. But they refused, said this Prepaid visa card was the only way.. Maybe it depends on what agent you get..

I am hoping that with my USA SIM and the USA Static Residential IP, I can just make a new one, call them and transfer the balance, but you are saying there is another way ?
Old 01-06-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

cant you just ask a family member to call Paypal and pretend he is YOu?HE MUST HAVE A US PHONE NUMBER?
Old 01-07-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
cant you just ask a family member to call Paypal and pretend he is YOu?HE MUST HAVE A US PHONE NUMBER?
morning chuckles - best to do things yourself rather than rely on others
Old 01-07-2023

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

it is necessary to know personal details to restore blocked access or blocked withdrawals

the least you need to know: name , address , DOB , full credit card on file , instead of credit card they may ask full bank account number

they may also tell you the last 4 digits of credit card and ask you to provide full number so it is better to know full number of all cards on file
Old 01-07-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
morning chuckles - best to do things yourself rather than rely on others
if he could,he would have done it already
Old 01-08-2023
Threadstarter  

At this point, I think I should just make a brand new Paypal account, with the USA sim card I receive. Then, I will call Paypal from the USA Sim number, behind the static USA IP, for them to transfer my balance from my old Paypal account to this new one. I don't see a problem with that , correct?
Old 01-09-2023

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 63%

it looks more like you are not an American, but a fictional story)
better use RDP because now proxy paypal system traced, automated limited your acc, US phone number only real, never use voip

Last edited by Pakson; 01-09-2023 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-09-2023
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
At this point, I think I should just make a brand new Paypal account, with the USA sim card I receive. Then, I will call Paypal from the USA Sim number, behind the static USA IP, for them to transfer my balance from my old Paypal account to this new one. I don't see a problem with that , correct?
transfer balance from old to new one...not necessarily so simple without ID verification etc
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
zenabol (01-09-2023)
Old 01-09-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakson View Post
it looks more like you are not an American, but a fictional story)
better use RDP because now proxy paypal system traced, automated limited your acc, US phone number only real, never use voip
I am most definitely American and it is not fictional. Nothing will be VOIP. I will create the new paypal when connected to the USA static residential IP , and when asked for a phone number, I will be using a valid active USA sim card. Then, I will call paypal, to transfer the balance from my old account, with this USA sim card. I can verify my identity. do you think this will work okay?

Last edited by zenabol; 01-09-2023 at 09:43 PM.
Old 01-09-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
transfer balance from old to new one...not necessarily so simple without ID verification etc
I have no problem with giving ID verification, what will that entail ? Can you confirm that as long as I can verify ID, the Static USA IP, and a valid USA sim will work for my case?

Last edited by zenabol; 01-09-2023 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-10-2023

Activity: 17%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
I have no problem with giving ID verification, what will that entail ? Can you confirm that as long as I can verify ID, the Static USA IP, and a valid USA sim will work for my case?
No one can give such guarantees, only check how it will work
This PayPal and no one knows what they have in mind, practice shows that it is better don't use PayPal, this is nerves and wasted time)