eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Should I Ignore This (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/149120-should-i-ignore.html)

DENDEN76 11-22-2022 04:34 PM

Should I Ignore This

Dropshipped an item.
PayPal is asking for additional information.
Should I ignore?

SUMMONS IN A CIVIL CASE

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED and required to serve upon PLAINTIFF’S ATTORNEY, IL 60302, an answer to the complaint which is herewith served upon you, 21 days after service of this summons upon you, exclusive of the day of service. If you fail to do so, judgment by default will be taken against you for the relief demanded in the complaint. You must also file your answer with the Clerk of this Court within a reasonable period of time after service.

NOTICE OF MOTION

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on November 9, 2022 at 10:45AM, or as soon thereafter asmay be heard, Plaintiff shall appear telephonically before the Honorable Sharon Johnson Coleman or any judge sitting her stead and shall present the Plaintiff’s Motion for Entry of a Preliminary Injunction.

murdered_by_ebay 11-22-2022 05:14 PM

Re: Should I Ignore This

depends on which information is asked for

SaiJin 11-22-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1205897)
Dropshipped an item.
Should I ignore?

SUMMONS IN A CIVIL CASE

YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED and required to serve upon PLAINTIFF’S ATTORNEY, IL 60302, an answer to the complaint which is herewith served upon you, 21 days after service of this summons upon you, exclusive of the day of service. If you fail to do so, judgment by default will be taken against you for the relief demanded in the complaint. You must also file your answer with the Clerk of this Court within a reasonable period of time after service.

NOTICE OF MOTION

PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that on November 9, 2022 at 10:45AM, or as soon thereafter asmay be heard, Plaintiff shall appear telephonically before the Honorable Sharon Johnson Coleman or any judge sitting her stead and shall present the Plaintiff’s Motion for Entry of a Preliminary Injunction.

You sure this is from Paypal?

Because they'll usually send a certified letter if it's something to do with legal stuff

DENDEN76 11-22-2022 10:38 PM

Received the email from 2 separate linked accounts.

First a letter from the lawyer with a few attachments then directly after a letter from PayPal asking me to confirm information related to the case.

oethumb39 11-23-2022 01:39 AM

What kind of information are they asking for?

rsot 11-23-2022 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1205925)

First a letter from the lawyer with a few attachments then directly after a letter from PayPal asking me to confirm information related to the case.

Any kind of court order would be sent via registered mail or bailiff delivery to your door - not an e-mail like this.

Even the way this e-mail is worded seems off...

SaiJin 11-23-2022 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1205925)

have you been doing anything naughty with your account?

DENDEN76 11-23-2022 02:17 PM

Dropshipping off aliexpress. Bulk list products. One generic garden product had the name of some US brand in the title. The owner of the brand ordered the item to get my PayPal information. Before that I never sold the product.

murdered_by_ebay 11-23-2022 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1205968)
Dropshipping off aliexpress. Bulk list products. One generic garden product had the name of some US brand in the title. The owner of the brand ordered the item to get my PayPal information. Before that I never sold the product.

if you are based outside the US the worst case scenario is balance freeze on your paypal account so if the account is hard to replace I would keep it on lower turnover and would withdraw frequently

but I would provide my personal information if my base were outside of the US and outside of western countries as this would allow to continue using paypal and legal action would not be a risk

DENDEN76 11-23-2022 02:58 PM

They can keep the account...

One funny thing worth mentioning...the account started receiving a lot of high ticket payments...received one for $1300 and got a perma ban at midnight exactly.

Said eff it focused on the other accounts...buyer opened case and won because I only fulfilled the first half of the order before the ban and them locking up the funds.

As soon as he received the refund the account started receiving payments again...as in perma ban lifted...weird

agent006140 11-23-2022 05:35 PM

if you think this is not from paypal,forward it to spoof@paypal.com and it will tell you if it is from PAYPAL

SaiJin 11-23-2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1205971)
They can keep the account...

One funny thing worth mentioning...the account started receiving a lot of high ticket payments...received one for $1300 and got a perma ban at midnight exactly.

Said eff it focused on the other accounts...buyer opened case and won because I only fulfilled the first half of the order before the ban and them locking up the funds.

As soon as he received the refund the account started receiving payments again...as in perma ban lifted...weird

ugh the drama with Paypal and people...

oethumb39 11-24-2022 11:47 AM

How much amount was the "relief demanded in the complaint"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1205897)
Dropshipped an item.
Should I ignore?

SUMMONS IN A CIVIL CASE

NOTICE OF MOTION

DENDEN76 11-25-2022 06:31 AM

There was no amount mentioned anywhere...only that I may lose funds in the PayPal account

SaiJin 11-28-2022 11:25 AM

You gonna be ok losing everything in the PP account?

DENDEN76 11-29-2022 11:44 PM

Its almost like they wait for you to have a good balance across your accounts and start going after all of them...received a list with a 100 stores from Walmart, Amazon, shopify etc who also infringed on intellectual property....so it seems its a bunch of sellers being sued simultaneously

rsot 11-30-2022 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DENDEN76 (Post 1206297)
....so it seems its a bunch of sellers being sued simultaneously

Have you got this info from a forum or discussion elsewhere?

DENDEN76 11-30-2022 12:21 PM

The attachments the lawyer sent me has a list of sellers...platforms and names so I'm assuming

SaiJin 11-30-2022 09:50 PM

Huh? Why would he do that... no real lawyer I know would do dumb stuff like that unless he's shady and just trying to intimidate you.

DENDEN76 11-30-2022 11:03 PM

Its real...PayPal is involved, holding funds and giving the lawyer all my associated accounts information

oethumb39 12-01-2022 08:10 AM

How many of these questionable items were sold in total?
and what would be the total amount $

DENDEN76 12-01-2022 11:59 AM

1 ITEM TOTALLING $30!!!!
It was the garden gloves with plastic claws.

And i suspect the person who made the purchase did so to acquire my PayPal information.