Can't issue refunds? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-19-2023

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 5%
Default Can't issue refunds?

When I try to issue a refund it says,

"We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later."

It's been like this for about a week now, anyone else having the same issue? what's going on? Maybe there is an ongoing UI update for refund page? If you have a US Paypal account, could you confirm whether they have updated the refund UI page? usually the updates roll out for US Paypal first then EU.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-19-2023
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Can't issue refunds?

For reference I just go to transaction page then click "Issue a refund" button then I get that error. Please try doing it yourself on any transaction you received and tell me if you get the same error or if there is a new refund page UI for you.
Old 04-19-2023

Longevity: 8%

YES. and it been a problem for about a week now, been analyzing this and its not gonna go away.
One week ago PP changed things in their shipment tracking section and invoices creating section. Now there are several options missing on invoice creation, also shipping status options are only shipped, returned, canceled and impossible to chose any of them if not entering tracking. More than a week ago had several transactions which marked as shipped, and marked as there is no tracking on thous transactions. Wanted refund one in full and another partly - both dropped the same error as for you. However no problem to refund in full or partly the transactions which status was updated a few days ago AFTER thous pp system changes.
If you have transaction which drops such error then i found out at the moment there are two ways - call pp customer support, or ask buyer to open a dispute and then refund through dispute. It will effect your acc history however.
Old 04-19-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecolder2 View Post
YES. and it been a problem for about a week now, been analyzing this and its not gonna go away.
One week ago PP changed things in their shipment tracking section and invoices creating section. Now there are several options missing on invoice creation, also shipping status options are only shipped, returned, canceled and impossible to chose any of them if not entering tracking. More than a week ago had several transactions which marked as shipped, and marked as there is no tracking on thous transactions. Wanted refund one in full and another partly - both dropped the same error as for you. However no problem to refund in full or partly the transactions which status was updated a few days ago AFTER thous pp system changes.
If you have transaction which drops such error then i found out at the moment there are two ways - call pp customer support, or ask buyer to open a dispute and then refund through dispute. It will effect your acc history however.
Thanks for your comment. What a mess.. have you brought the issue to Paypal's attention? Are they aware of the issue? I'm supposing this will be fixed in a timely matter. Why has one week gone by and this issue is still apparent..? I thought they were an $83B public company. HIDEOUS.

Last edited by dork; 04-19-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-19-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by dork View Post
Thanks for your comment. What a mess.. have you brought the issue to Paypal's attention? Are they aware of the issue? I'm supposing this will be fixed in a timely matter. Why has one week gone by and this issue is still apparent..? I thought they were an $83B public company. HIDEOUS.
Would not expect it to be fixed. First of all very little percentage of transactions needs to be refunded. Secondly- after a month this problem will not be a problem at all as there will be nearly no incomplete transactions in a system which will have status update before the changes. They understand that and fixing something what would fix itself in a month is just a waist of resources. The small percentage of the transactions which will still need to be fixed i believe will be left to fix manually for a customer support. So somehow deal with it by yourself
Old 04-19-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Would not expect it to be fixed. First of all very little percentage of transactions needs to be refunded. Secondly- after a month this problem will not be a problem at all as there will be nearly no incomplete transactions in a system which will have status update before the changes. They understand that and fixing something what would fix itself in a month is just a waist of resources. The small percentage of the transactions which will still need to be fixed i believe will be left to fix manually for a customer support. So somehow deal with it by yourself
I don't understand what you mean. How would you come to that conclusion? I'm having the same issue processing a refund for a payment received as friends/family.. how would that payment or payment received as friends/family in the future fix itself when trying to issue a refund?

Last edited by dork; 04-19-2023 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-19-2023

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean. How would you come to that conclusion? I'm having the same issue processing a refund for a payment received as friends/family.. how would that payment or payment received as friends/family in the future fix itself when trying to issue a refund?
THIS payment will not fix itself as well as all the others made in this period before update. You dont understand. Im saying after one month all that will not be important as new payments will not be effected by this update. They do not care about a bug which effected a couple of weeks as it will not effect any payments in future. These problematic payments made before update and trying to refund after update - they will be left on customer support and thats all, nobody is gonna fix anything.
Old 04-19-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
All you need to do is send the money back as a transaction to the person who sent it as friends/family.
Old 04-20-2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by degsey69 View Post
All you need to do is send the money back as a transaction to the person who sent it as friends/family.
By doing this way it is very serious risk to get a money loundering ban by PP which used to be nearly impossible to lift. Not sure how things work these days, but in a past lost few very solid accounts just by sending back money as a transaction but not as a refund.
Old 04-20-2023

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 92%
Longevity: 33%

Is it fee avoidance?
Old 04-20-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
THIS payment will not fix itself as well as all the others made in this period before update. You dont understand. Im saying after one month all that will not be important as new payments will not be effected by this update. They do not care about a bug which effected a couple of weeks as it will not effect any payments in future. These problematic payments made before update and trying to refund after update - they will be left on customer support and thats all, nobody is gonna fix anything.
So you are implying transactions received as of today and later whether it was received as goods/service or family/friends I should have the ability to issue refunds without any issues?
Old 04-20-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
By doing this way it is very serious risk to get a money loundering ban by PP which used to be nearly impossible to lift. Not sure how things work these days, but in a past lost few very solid accounts just by sending back money as a transaction but not as a refund.
I don't think that's logical. People send money to each other back and forth all the time. If not with Paypal, then take Venmo for example.
Old 04-21-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Old 04-21-2023
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 57%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
When I try to issue a refund it says,

"We can't process any refund at this moment due to technical reasons. Please try again later."

It's been like this for about a week now, anyone else having the same issue? what's going on? Maybe there is an ongoing UI update for refund page? If you have a US Paypal account, could you confirm whether they have updated the refund UI page? usually the updates roll out for US Paypal first then EU.

Do you have a balance in the account or is it coming from a source?
Old 04-22-2023
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
correct on the repeat back-and-forth outcome
Old 04-22-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
Do you have a balance in the account or is it coming from a source?
My balance can cover the refund.
Old 04-23-2023

what browser are you using,do you have the recent updates?
Old 04-23-2023
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
what browser are you using,do you have the recent updates?
I'm using Chrome, latest version. How would I know if I have the recent updates? could you elaborate? If you mean browser update then yes..
Old 04-23-2023

I think you can check to see if you are using the most current version,check for updates or use another browser
are you sure your fund is not with held?
Old 04-23-2023

Activity: 7%
Longevity: 78%

Try going into Chrome settings and deleting the PayPal cookies and try the refund again