Paypal and Google Checkout CAN take to take money out of your bank account- reversals - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

you can put a payment stop on paypal for each bank account you have. each of these payment prevention things cost like 25$ here in canada - i dont remember if its per incident or to set it up, but its better than going into hundreds in the negatives. just call up your bank and have it set up.

had this save me once
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-14-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default hated buyer and GCO

So here's the stitch, I sold an item on eBay to this difficult buyer. I had to practically beg him to use GCO (big mistake, I guess it showed him weakness or an opening or something). Anyway I mail out his item after he eventually pays and then he asks me what the tracking number is, unfortunately I didn't have one ( I shouldn't have told him this). He receives the item and says he doesn't like it and wants to return it. I told him no since he obviously already opened and tried out the item. So now he's trying to convince Google that I didn't even ship the item!! This is ridiculous! My question is, what if I just unlink my bank account and close the GCO account? I have other GCO accounts and this would not be a problem, i'm just wondering if Google can find me and fine me or something lol. Or even if they could still withdraw the money from my bank account? Thanks for the help. Btw, the info I have on my google account is virtual in nature.
Old 07-23-2008

Longevity: 91%
Default ACH affidavit ????

If paypal limits your account after you transfer funds to fund your paypal account. Could you have the ach returned by your bank by using an ACH Affidavit stating that you did not authorize the charge? Would they then be force to release the funds back to your bank account?
Old 07-29-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Just checked with my bank. Spoke to Customer Svcs Rep and then a Supervisor. They said once you give out your info and authorize acct access in terms of accessing your funds, you are pretty much screwed. They offer NO blocking. They say that if you don't want someone to have access to your account you must write them and tell them so. If they continue to try and access it then you have to call the bank and tell them you did not authorize them to do so and they will reverse the charges. I if there were any limit to the number of times they could continue to try and get to my funds and they indicated there was no limit. FINALLY, they offered their only solution to the problem.....to change the bank account number.
Now, I will say that when I had ebay took their last big fee charge chunk out of me I did call and tell them I did not authorize the charge/access, and they immediately put the money back into my account. I don't, however, know if they are continuing to look into it further and what pp could tell them to make them reverse the reversal?! Scary crap.
Old 07-30-2008

There is one solution for this situation:

close that bank account, no one can charge you after that.

It is so easy to open a dozen bank accounts.
Old 05-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa B View Post
I have never heard of netspend but I'm going to check it out for sure!
Netspend has both an account number and a routing number. They even show you how to connect to paypal. It works nicely.
Old 05-29-2010

Longevity: 95%

Yeah paypal will STEAL money out your bank account. I had a account that was limited then 2 days later they stole $250 out of my online bank. My bank said theres nothing they could do beside close and hide my account which is what they did. And this was about 5-6 days ago and guess what the $250 never went back into paypal. And this wasnt a chargeback case i had no disputes. Paypal just didnt like what i sold and they limited me and stole from me.
Old 05-29-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboykilla View Post
Yeah paypal will STEAL money out your bank account. I had a account that was limited then 2 days later they stole $250 out of my online bank. My bank said theres nothing they could do beside close and hide my account which is what they did. And this was about 5-6 days ago and guess what the $250 never went back into paypal. And this wasnt a chargeback case i had no disputes. Paypal just didnt like what i sold and they limited me and stole from me.
So all you basically have to do is just close the bank account asap to avoid this problem, correct?
Old 05-29-2010
Banned

Longevity: 85%

Otherwise if you use prepaid cards with bank accounts then there's no NSF fees or any taking money out of the account problem solved!
Old 05-31-2010

Longevity: 81%

i see it as a transaction when pp tries to take the money.
i say report the cc stolen

then say why are all these charges under my name?

Think of some thing creative