PayPal will start holding funds for 21 days - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 01-30-2008
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
The question is, after the 21 days are up ..can you withdraw all funds immediately? Or will they slap you with a limitation if you try to withdraw say $1000 at once?
Yeah right.. The plan is to keep your money and find ways not to give it back to you. They are earning big time interest on it..

i'
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-30-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballsack View Post
How can they interfere with your auction that way? Why are they getting involved in the bidding process?? They have to be breaking some law by doing this.
Ballsack how are they interfering?? They are simply bidding on a item they want , thats it
Old 02-01-2008

Longevity: 94%

Well I never ship an item anymore until the money has cleared into my bank account becuase of PayPal's recent BS. And I withdraw from Paypal to my bank account a couple times a day or more. It's important to get the money out of paypal ASAP. Never ever ship an item that has not cleared into your bank account. This way, if for some reason Paypal does put a 21 day hold, then you will just refund your recent payers and file an Ebay non paying mutual agreement.
Old 02-01-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI-- You Guys using Paypal.. Get an ATM card or 2.. now.
--Those Bank Transfers get Reversed...
Ive had one for $3,800 reversed for a $4 deficit, caused by a ups charge that came in...
Old 02-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
Ballsack how are they interfering?? They are simply bidding on a item they want , thats it
EBAY bidding on your auction is interferring with your auction.
Old 02-01-2008
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI-- You Guys using Paypal.. Get an ATM card or 2.. now.
--Those Bank Transfers get Reversed...
Ive had one for $3,800 reversed for a $4 deficit, caused by a ups charge that came in...
How many days after it cleared and showed up in your bank account, did they reverse. Or was this still in the 3-4 day processing range?
Old 02-02-2008

processing..
Old 02-02-2008

Longevity: 94%

i guess i was lucky. My paypal got limited a day after it said complete and never got reversed.
Old 02-02-2008
Banned

^^^ He is baaaack
Old 02-02-2008

LOL.. I loved that Movie.. made me jump a couple times.. but it was Good!
btw- jack nicholson is one of my heros...
Old 02-09-2008
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 96%

By the way, has anyone found out if the 4.5 or greater DSR rating means 4.5 or greater in EVERY category of the DSR? Or on average?
Old 10-15-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default times are rough

This is R E T A R T E D!! My money is on hold and it has negatively affected my ability to be a seller. This has crippled my ability to complete a successful sale. I'm supposed to pay for shipping, Money is spent as soon as a buyer sends it. Whats a savings account? I sell to make end's meet. I have Positive Feedback:100% Feedback score: 42 not including the 20 other buyers that skipped leaving feedback. I don't see myself as a high risk seller. Asking that the shipping cost be sent outside of ebay is the only other way to get an item shipped. PayPal is forcing me to keep funds in my account for shipping. Justifiable because of the US economy & bank closures? Corporate America is making interest on my child support money! It seems that the entire ebay experience has turned upside down for the seller. I'll be explaining to the winning bidders they wont be receiving there purchase, refund their payment that's on hold then close my account. Appears it's all about Wall Street. I'll Start selling my MANGINA on Main St. :-Q
Craigslist needs to get on this opportunity and change their whole selling page layout. Link a PayPal competitor and hope ebay doesn't buy them out.

Last edited by h2obased; 10-15-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Old 10-16-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

I dont understand why PP would shut people down to make money. That doesnt seem to make since b/c eventually you'll shut everyone down and now no ones using your system anymore, or afraid too now b/c of the restrictions. You then lose revenue and have to terminate employees and ultimately destroy your company. Why not just leave peoples accounts alone, and continue to collect on your fees on all transactions? That way everyone is happy. Its a win win situation.
Old 10-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMB View Post
Hmm I wonder how this'll affect CCnow...because I'd rather just use CCnow and get the money in 14 days
So your saying they have a 14 day hold on CCNow?
Old 02-23-2010

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
Ebay also likes ebay accounts older than 6 months.

But anyway, ebay also said DSRs of 1 or 2 will count as bad to you.

Does this mean that if you have an ebay account over 6 months your funds won't be on the 21 day hold that paypal put over you?
Old 10-20-2010

Longevity: 78%

You guys will like this one. I recently started selling on half.com and ebay.com I listed too fast on half.com and review, blah blah. This was my first sales section so I hadn't sold/shipped anything yet. So I refunded EVERY order from half.com and started refunding on paypal. After refunding the second of 3 paypal orders, this is what happened:

eBay decided in favor of the buyer in a dispute filed with the eBay Resolution Center and authorized PayPal to debit your account for this refund.

eBay is holding all the money, not Paypal. eBay is completely behind every single hold on paypal for money. This just confirms that eBay still runs Paypal and any kind of buying or selling that happens from eBay has to get confirmed first before you get any kind of money. this is all eBay and none paypal. minus paypal being ebay's bitch
Old 12-17-2010

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivegotinfo View Post
yeah i read that today and finally im going to open a merchant account with ccnow to use for all my accounts garrr... 5% fees though, but safe and sound from paypals bullcrap
hey i was hopping you can help me

if i sign up for ccnow can i have multiple eBay Stealth accounts on one ccnow account without ebay knowing?

and if one account gets suspended does that mean all will be linked?

thank you
Old 10-18-2011

Longevity: 72%
Default Not true

I have well over 1500 positive feedback 99.8% positive. and 98% of it was from selling not buying. 8 years as a seller.
I had a few buyers rate me low because they thought my S/H was too much. THEY KNEW HOW MUCH IT WAS BEFORE THEY BOUGHT!! How can I get punished for this??

I also have been told that there is one that gave me 1 star on everything and even employees from EBAY said they thought it was a mistake because the buyer gave me positive feedback. Maybe they thought 1 star was the best. BUT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO??????

Only the last 3 months counts??? MY LAST 8 years DONT??? SOMETHING IS WRONG HERE. DID YOU GUYS REALLY THINK THIS THING OUT or did someone say HEY LETS HOLD THEIR MONEY and then everyone else agreed and it was policy?????

Thats the way it seems to me and a lot of us.
Old 10-27-2011

Longevity: 80%

I too am having the same problem, I have 100% reputation and me for 1 months 21 days are limited to money.
Old 01-24-2012

Longevity: 92%

This is insane! I have 100% feedback. But I don't sell on eBay on a regular basis to earn money, I only sell things I am no longer using.

Time before last time I sold something, there was no hold on the money because I had over 130 positive feedback. Most of the feedback is for buying, not selling. Last week I sold something, buyer bought and paid, I shipped SAME DAY using postage stamps I had on hand already and entered the signature confirmation details into Paypal on SAME DAY item shipped. A week later and the money is still on hold. Funny thing is, this item is something I BOUGHT on eBay. Now I am selling it in the same condition I received it in.

Only reason I used stamps is because there was no way to use Paypal to pay the shipping from the money the buyer sent. Using Paypal's system would have actually cost less in postage. Lucky for me I had already bought a ton of postcard stamps, and used those instead. (54 postcard stamps on a box; good thing box was big enough!)

I have 14 other items I want to sell. Craigslist is looking better and better every minute. At least I'll have cash in my hand to spend, although it may put me in the unenviable position of driving all over town doing meet-and-greets to get it sold. I'd rather do it that way than have to wait until Paypal decides the item, which has already ARRIVED signed for by the seller in last week's sale, has been shipped.

If I had the time, I would build a better platform to sell on than eBay, as I have the connections to get it done. Selling on eBay is just NOT WORTH THE HEADACHE of trying to ice skate uphill, as my favorite vampire would say.
Old 01-24-2012

Longevity: 92%

And the really sad thing about this is, there was once a time where I sold enough to make $10,000 in about 5-6 weeks, on ebay. But because I cannot allow their policies to victimize me or my business, I have walked away from it even though it was successful.

Since their latest policies have been put in place, selling on ebay is something that makes me feel dirty, like I need a long hot shower. Although the violations are drastically different from what CBS reporter Lara Logan went through, the emotional impact has lately become similar. I get a nauseatingly sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the thought of Paypal's latest policies and the effect they have on my ability to conduct business...
Old 01-31-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

You will get your money faster if you use a paypal shipping label. I know paypal sucks!!! Get a merchant account if you sell a lot.