PayPal Withdrawal by Mailed Check - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-05-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default PayPal Withdrawal by Mailed Check

Has anyone ever had an issue with PayPal and withdrawal by having them Mail you a Check?

I am wondering if it is possible for PayPal to STOP PAYMENT on their own check?

Why would this happen? Who Knows but you know how paypal is... I'm just super paranoid about them trying to pull something with me. I've learned to NEVER assume anything or trust PayPal in any way.

I recently sold an item to a Zero feedback eBay member. Long Story short, the whole transaction so far is VERY suspicious. It's a $500 sale and the buyer is already making strange demands with me about the way the item should be shipped, that it "Better be in the condition described"... Yea... I just know this buyer is going to try and pull something with me and frankly I'm fed up with the whole eBay/PayPal Selling business and I'm just going to close my PayPal account and quit selling on eBay.

Anyway, made a withdrawal of $500 by having PayPal mail me a check.

The Check Withdrawal is COMPLETED (meaning the check is in the mail)

Then I removed my bank account from PayPal.

I removed my Credit Card from PayPal.

I then CLOSED my PayPal account.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has EVER had an issue with a PayPal check? Can they go in and CANCEL the check after you deposit at your bank? I don't want to screw things up with my local bank. The last thing I want is for a check I deposit to end up bouncing 2 weeks after I deposit it.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLover View Post
no offense but why did you name yourself 123456789 what happened to creativity?
I agree. Im changing my username to "username"
Old 03-05-2011

Longevity: 78%

I would have waited until I got my check before closing my paypal account

They now have nothing to loose to put a stop payment on it

Otherwise I'd just cancel that transaction. place him on your buyer blocked list
Old 03-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
I agree. Im changing my username to "username"
Maybe something unique like John Doe
Old 03-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Hah! Any name changes are mine. Mine, I tell you
Old 03-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post

Yes just charge everyone $5 per name change

:D I want the name Greenbean!!
Old 03-05-2011

Longevity: 81%

Quote:

LMFAO... TOO FUNNY

made me laugh so hard i almost cried....lol
Old 03-07-2011

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:

Er, but I've never changed my name.
Old 03-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

You come here asking this Question about a Paypal Check,,Yet you say that you had a Bank account attached to your Paypal account that you say you closed,,,,,,,WHY????

Why didn't you simply make your Withdrawal and THEN Close your Accounts,,,,You would not be worried about Paypals checks now,,,you see Something Just is Not Right with your story,,,,There is Something that you are nor telling us
Old 03-10-2011
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
You come here asking this Question about a Paypal Check,,Yet you say that you had a Bank account attached to your Paypal account that you say you closed,,,,,,,WHY????

Why didn't you simply make your Withdrawal and THEN Close your Accounts,,,,You would not be worried about Paypals checks now,,,you see Something Just is Not Right with your story,,,,There is Something that you are nor telling us
What???

First of all, I don't appreciate your tone. There is no need to get so nasty. This is a message board and I have the right to post a question if I choose to. You don't have to participate in the answer process if you don't like my question. No one is making you do anything or forcing you to read what I posted.

I never said anything about closing my Bank Account. Please Re-read my initial post. What I said was I removed my bank account from my paypal account.

It's answers like yours that make these forums so irritating. There is no need to jump down my neck and start implying I'm "pulling something over on everyone" or whatever I'm simply posting a question on the forum to create discussion and perhaps learn a few things.

And by the way... In regard to your little catch phrase about the secret to success is research, research, and more research... That is Bull... The secret to success is Taking ACTION, not sitting around thinking about an idea, it's taking the ACTION to make the idea a reality.
Old 03-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Yet Meanwhile NO ONE answered your Question,,,They were more interested in your Username,,,there is a Reason for that,,
Old 03-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I once withdrew $800 from paypal, the transaction said complete. A few days later the paypal got limited. The check came in the mail and took it to the bank. They cashed the check without any problems.

2 months later the bank has not said anything about the check. But the paypal account is still limited cuz I cant provide ID (stealth account).
Old 03-16-2011

Longevity: 76%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
I once withdrew $800 from paypal, the transaction said complete. A few days later the paypal got limited. The check came in the mail and took it to the bank. They cashed the check without any problems.

2 months later the bank has not said anything about the check. But the paypal account is still limited cuz I cant provide ID (stealth account).
btw u could still get that account back simple pm me.. and reason u got limited is because of what u withdrew.. there are other ways to take out the money...

and to answer the post questions... there shouldnt be any problems with cashing the check but as statedyea u should have just waited UNTIL everything cleared

ANNND the key to success IS research, research, research... u cant do any ACTION without RESEARCH, u could go and try to make 50thousand ebay accounts and they alll get linked to 1 suspended account.. which is y u must Reseach ways around the bay..

and as far as usernames... I HAVE THE BEST ONE MUAHHAHAHAH!!!
Old 03-16-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123456789 View Post
Has anyone ever had an issue with PayPal and withdrawal by having them Mail you a Check?

I am wondering if it is possible for PayPal to STOP PAYMENT on their own check?

Why would this happen? Who Knows but you know how paypal is... I'm just super paranoid about them trying to pull something with me. I've learned to NEVER assume anything or trust PayPal in any way.

I recently sold an item to a Zero feedback eBay member. Long Story short, the whole transaction so far is VERY suspicious. It's a $500 sale and the buyer is already making strange demands with me about the way the item should be shipped, that it "Better be in the condition described"... Yea... I just know this buyer is going to try and pull something with me and frankly I'm fed up with the whole eBay/PayPal Selling business and I'm just going to close my PayPal account and quit selling on eBay.

Anyway, made a withdrawal of $500 by having PayPal mail me a check.

The Check Withdrawal is COMPLETED (meaning the check is in the mail)

Then I removed my bank account from PayPal.

I removed my Credit Card from PayPal.

I then CLOSED my PayPal account.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has EVER had an issue with a PayPal check? Can they go in and CANCEL the check after you deposit at your bank? I don't want to screw things up with my local bank. The last thing I want is for a check I deposit to end up bouncing 2 weeks after I deposit it.

Thanks.
Yes, it is possible. I was racking in so much money last year on ebay that I requested a $500.00 check and totally forgot to cash it, and somehow it got lost. paypal emails me that I have a check that was not cashed before the 180 day deadline, and they are going to stop payment on it, and redeposit the money back into my account. Im glad they keep track of those things, cause if they didn't contact me, I probably would have just lost out on the money. THANK YOU PAYPAL
Old 03-17-2011

Longevity: 75%
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman91189 View Post
btw u could still get that account back simple pm me.. and reason u got limited is because of what u withdrew.. there are other ways to take out the money...
i withdrew my $497 from paypal last night via check this morning at 10 AM it says Completed i find it hard to believe that the check is in the mail that soon or is it like the irs when they it is processed but they actually only cut checks on friday?

also in response to the quote above like what? i still have 400 available in my balance and 390 on hold for ebay cant witthdraw to my bank account because i have another account whhich is limited any ideas??
Old 03-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

The completed just means that the funds are taken out. The check is still being processed, I got my checks in about 10 business days from the date I requested the withdraw. So yea, your check is in the mail.
Old 03-18-2011

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotano211 View Post
The completed just means that the funds are taken out. The check is still being processed, I got my checks in about 10 business days from the date I requested the withdraw. So yea, your check is in the mail.
if the check is still being processed then how is it in the mail? the reason i asked is right after it said completed 4 hours after my paypal naccount got limited

so it said completed

THEN it got limited 4 hours after

and the funds are still not back in my paypal account