Multiple PAYPAL accounts - Will PayPal link accounts? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-17-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesy View Post
I set up a new paypal account a while ago as one got limited. the new one I set up with new bank account, new address and new CC number. only thing is I've just noticed (3 months into the new account) that I've put the same DOB on the new one and and both are in my correct name. will the link them on this basis?
I don't think so. Paypal won't link with things like this. It usually only your street address or email address that can do it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-18-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

Hey guys, on this subject, what if you opened a new paypal account and added a (virtual) card, but you didn't expect anything over $500 per month at this account? This would be more of a test account to allow linking of paypal/ebay/funnel money here and there as needed. The setup would have a completely different name (because the ebay link would notice that right?) completely different address, etc. If the account did get limited, adding a credit card would be enough to fix it right? That's what I did for another account, even though I didn't really do much with that account. I would just use that account anyway, but it's already registered in my real name and information I believe. I suppose I could just go ahead and open the new account and try it, but it's my intent to transfer over a little money not long after opening the account and I sure don't want it limited.

What do you think?

P.S. Would it be easier to do this with a personal, premier, or business account?

P.S.P.S. There is a spot for your phone number. Would that be the one piece of information you would definately want to keep accurate? I remember something about paypal calling the number? I don't remember the particulars. Maybe someone else can fill in the blanks.
Old 06-19-2007

hey jack, on the phone number part. you can get a virtual landline number from Vonage. when paypal call, they get routed to your voicemail, or you can answer it if you like. when I set mine up they were the only people with that number so I knew it was them and wasn't caught off guard. with vonage you get 30 days free trial too
Old 06-19-2007

jamesy, thanks for the tip! Although I'm not sure it will help in this situation. You see, the phone number I'm going to provide to ebay will need to be the same I provide on my paypal account correct? I have a new phone number I can give to paypal, but I'm not sure I want that given out to ebay (for obvious reasons). If the two can differ (and still be linked) then it should be no problem. But if they can't....

I'll file the vonage idea away for future ref though.
Old 06-19-2007
Administrator

Jack, as long as you don't go over the limit you won't have a problem with your linking account. It's actually a decent idea. You would need to confirm it though to gain credit from eBay though. They like linking to confirmed Paypal accounts. A credit card should do the trick. Let us know how it goes!
Old 06-19-2007

Thanks Aspkin, what do you suggest about the real name/ebay name thing? Would the linked account require all the information to be the same, or just the address and email? What about the phone number? Plus, you know, should I keep it personal or upgrade right away?
Old 06-19-2007
Administrator

I would keep the name the same as your eBay account. I don't think the accounts linking have to have the same information. EBay simply looks to see that the account is legit, maybe how long it's been established, if it's confirmed and if it's ever been linked to a suspended account. The phone shouldn't matter much. I'm not sure about personal or upgraded, if you can try to upgrade it.
Old 06-20-2007

The only thing that worries me about the name...what do I do if I do start getting money going through there and paypal asks for more information? With a false name (ebay name) that might be a big problem. What's the usual cap on an account before they start asking for extra information? Is there one? Once I get past that hurdle the rest should be relatively easy (knocks on wood, throws salt)
Old 02-26-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default Multiple PAYPAL accounts - Will PayPal link accounts?

I'm thinking about if i have 10 paypal account with separate bank account with them, and i do not want to lift LImit of $500 a month, let's say each month i accept payment $450 for Each account, so 10 accounts are $4,500 a month. Is this possible for me to avoid paypal Routine Limit???, (I'll leave money in acc. around 10 days before i withdraw) i'm just thinking that People got limit becaquse they lift limit from $500 a month and have a high volume selling on paypal. Any idea please???..Thank you!
Old 02-26-2008

Longevity: 94%

nope wont work. I tried this exact idea about 6 months ago. Thinking wow its genius because then if i dont verify I dont have to go through all the crap of making up names. Got payment within an hour was limited.
Old 02-26-2008

I have 2 paypal accounts opened for less than 20 days. I've run about $800 thru both. Can't withdraw or transfer it because I never put a bank account on them. I've purchased form drugstore.com (contacts for my oldest son) used yahoo to find cheap ink jet cartrigeds (yahoo identifies vendors that accept paypal) bought rechargeable batteries, memory card and new bluetooth from Tigerdirect.....purchased 6 months of web hosting on godaddy.com....purchased BANS.....bought rite aid and walgreens gift cards online. I've emptied both accounts....haven't paid my ebay fees yet! So far no problem. As long as I don't reach the $2000 spending limit I'm ok. Way before then I'll move to another account. I set these up with completely ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names, addresses, etc. to make sure I knew what I was doing before using the accounts I've set up with PO Boxes. Didn't want to waste the addresses until I was sure I knew how to change IP's etc....
Old 02-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 18%
Longevity: 95%

Now let me ask you a question, you obviously submit your real shipping info into the paypal account in order to receive the goods, no? Is it linked to a previously suspended account (that is the shipping info)? Thanks for your time.
Old 02-26-2008

No, there's no real info and I haven't received any goods. The feedbacks are all from SELLING! I've had 2 returns and have explained that 'I'm a traveling salesperson and they have to send them to my mom'. Same thing with the one person who insisted on sending a MO to pay. Like I said....the name, address, phone...etc....all completely fabricated!
Old 02-27-2008
Banned

I have done this also with no problems, but I just don't know why you do not use a slight variation of you name and address. I am lucky because I live on a street known by 2 names. You would be surprised at the various names and address on the package that will still make it to you.
Old 02-27-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayvictim View Post
No, there's no real info and I haven't received any goods. The feedbacks are all from SELLING! I've had 2 returns and have explained that 'I'm a traveling salesperson and they have to send them to my mom'. Same thing with the one person who insisted on sending a MO to pay. Like I said....the name, address, phone...etc....all completely fabricated!
dude thats a reallly good idea.
because thats the one thing im always worried about; getting returns to my nonexistent address / person...
i usually told them that the item got shipped from a drop shipper and that drop shipper doesent accept returns, so please send the item back to my home address (giving them my real address).
but the traveling salesperson can work too :D
Old 03-06-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default Multiple paypal accounts

My supplier, who also sells on ebay, gave me some advice about making multiple accounts. He said to definitely have a paypal account for each ebay account.

he said the following:

1.) Find a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on google maps and make up a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name
2.) Add a user to your credit card, you get a new number and you can supply said ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name
3.) Open another checking account -- ok if it's the same name and address since ebay can't tell. SO that means you just ask to have another checking out under your original one, when I did this at WAMU they said I could do as many as I want.

He said with that, you can easily make both a new ebay account and paypal account (of course he didn't mention ANY of the IP stuff, but I'd follow that as well).

He said you can use the credit card to verify identity on paypal. Then you can add a checking account and use the deposit method. They can't cross reference the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name and ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address of your checking.

Well, this was told to me before I came to this site, so how idiot proof is this? It's easier for me because I can easily create additional users to my credit card and I already have a few checking accounts that I can access with online banking from one login.
Old 03-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Yes. This is known here. A quick bit of info is the fact that paypal only
want a valid routing number and valid account number as of 3/6/2008. I add this
date in case of future changes by ebay.
Old 03-07-2008

some credit cards dont let u add additional users with a diff address, so ud have to use gift cards which work just as well
Old 06-05-2008

Longevity: 92%
Question Using multiple Paypal account?

I am living in Australia. My ebay account was suspended ... caus'of selling VERO. I followed aspkin formular and now I can get back in ebay with new account :D, but then I can only register a paypal account UNVERIFIED. My old linked ebay-paypal got my bank account in it. So, is it possible to transfer money from new unverified paypal to the old paypal after sale? Could it be suspended?

Thanks
Old 06-05-2008

HI: YES_ they will get you eventually--I lost a good/solid 5-6 yr old acct this way--
You need some back up ck accts/or savings accts..
Old 06-05-2008
Executive [VIP]

i did this before i knew of aspkins forum, but as ehl said they'll cotton on eventually, and BAM you'll loose the lot.

Create a new pp account with a new or existing bank account.
Old 06-05-2008

Longevity: 92%

Hi ebayhateluv and jscan. Thanks for your very fast replies.

Just one more question :D, Can I use the old bank details for verifying the new paypal acct?