False claim almost closed.. but.. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 04-14-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default False claim almost closed.. but..

So in follow-up of my last post I thought I'd start a new thread because I need some other insights on this.

I posted a while ago that I got a false dispute through Paypal and immediately submitted my proof and escalated to claim in order to be "one step ahead" of my scammer.

So far it has come to Paypal "requesting additional information" all the time from the buyer/scammer in my case so I decided to give them a phone call and put some pressure on this thing, but in a friendly manner, I don't wanna get on their bad side.

So they told me "we have requested proof of the buyer, they need it by April 15, if not, the claim will be decided in your favor"

I was amazed at this point, I didn't think a seller could ever win a claim, but this is a good shot.

So now my problem is, tomorrow it's April 15, but it's Friday, do you guys think that the claim will close automatically if they fail to submit the documents they need or will Paypal give them 2 'free' days, because it's weekend and they are not operative on those days?

I believe for me winning this case this could be essential as whatever the scammer might be doing right now, he's probably trying to find ways to create scammy documents to proof his case.

Any help please?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-14-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

It is really hard to predict how this will go. It could be in someones work queue, but it could also be flagged so that if nothing happens by the 15th, the claim will automatically close.

But sellers CAN win claims. It is just that buyers out to scam you usually know exactly WHAT to claim so that the case is decided in their favor. For example, counterfeit item received, or item not received if there is no tracking number. Those are usually the slam-dunks.

If this particular buyer IS indeed trying to scam you, it sounds like they are not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Old 04-15-2011
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It is really hard to predict how this will go. It could be in someones work queue, but it could also be flagged so that if nothing happens by the 15th, the claim will automatically close.

But sellers CAN win claims. It is just that buyers out to scam you usually know exactly WHAT to claim so that the case is decided in their favor. For example, counterfeit item received, or item not received if there is no tracking number. Those are usually the slam-dunks.

If this particular buyer IS indeed trying to scam you, it sounds like they are not the sharpest tool in the shed.
I don't actually think the buyer wanted to scam me in the first place, but had buyer remorse and just wanted me to take back the item. I agreed to take it back if they sent it back to me, however they wanted the money up-front, something I did NOT agree to.

So they went and took this up with Paypal and came with false accusations, sadly. However I had pretty strong documents to back up my case and my Paypal account has been in excellent standing for the past 7 years, never any unresolved problems, even though this means nothing to Paypal, it boosts my confidence in winning this case.

I'm guessing the buyer doesn't want to go to the police or spend more money to proof his point and at this point is just at the state of losing the claim, however I'm just not sure if I'll win if they get the weekend to assemble documents that might prove his case.

I'm just hoping tomorrow it'll say the claim is closed in my favor, I'll keep you all posted. This might be a good sign to see that legit sellers CAN win a claim, unless you're dealing with a pro scam artist.
Old 04-17-2011
Threadstarter  

So for anyone that maybe wondered. The claim has been decided in my favor. I suppose it closed itself automatically indeed, because today is Sunday and I doubt there are any CS reps at Paypal right now. Yay for my money! Hope the guy didn't pay with credit card or something, because I don't want to be hit by a charge back now that I feel all relieved.

So here you go everyone, sellers CAN win claims, just not against pro scammers.
Old 04-17-2011

Longevity: 75%
Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

Quote:
So for anyone that maybe wondered. The claim has been decided in my favor. I suppose it closed itself automatically indeed, because today is Sunday and I doubt there are any CS reps at Paypal right now. Yay for my money! Hope the guy didn't pay with credit card or something, because I don't want to be hit by a charge back now that I feel all relieved.

So here you go everyone, sellers CAN win claims, just not against pro scammers.
Congrats, I can imagine how it must feel. Bravo to you

Old 04-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I'm glad it worked out for you. And it's always nice to hear about a seller winning one for a change!
Old 04-17-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 76%

+1 for seller. Very nice!