Paypal account limit question? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 03-19-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Paypal account limit question?

Hi guys, I'm really thankful to find this forum and it has been really resourceful... However, after digging through the posts, I got some questions:

1) Are most ppl who got their accounts limited after 1 or few transections all have unverified accounts?

2) Paypal states that once your account is verified, you will have no caps on receive/send..... I don't think this is true, but just how far can you go? I've read some posts saying more than $2000 per day will get you flagged.... anyone has info on this?

3) How fast paypal will limit your account after you have made a "suspecious" move?

I want to know if I can receive/send more than $2000 within a short period of time with verified account.......... please help me if you have any ideas on my questions, thanks in advance!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-19-2008

Longevity: 94%

It seems to me between 30-60 days you kind of "establish" a receiving/sending amount, once you make a "jump" they limit you..There is no set amount in which they will let you use its more about staying consistent..ive had as little as about $60 twice a week then a jump to about $80 twice a week and they limited me saying I sold more than usual..

But they will get you for something..so

The best way is to not use PP to get paid..
Old 03-19-2008

As said above, they WILL limit you.
On one of my newer accounts, I got limited before I was verified, when I received payment, and tried to transfer it to another account.

Then, a good 2 weeks after I was verified, I tried to withdraw for the second time, and got limited again.

So, watch out, it's NOT an easy ride after you're verified, like they make it out to be.
Old 03-19-2008
Threadstarter  

Thank you guys for the input.... so basically the point is no matter your account is verified, i.e. be able to send / receiving unlimited amount as paypal states..... it is still up to paypal to put you down anytime.... is this the right idea?

Now my questions is.... IF I need to take a payment in high amount, lets say more than 2k... I suppose there's a time frame I can withthrowal the fund BEFORE they limit my account for stupid reason.... any idea of how long the time frame will be?

I don't really know what's the point to get verified if they still put stupid limits on...... it sucks but ppl just prefer more on it for the products I want to sell :(
Old 03-19-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

Reason Paypal limits accounts is because people are unverified and unconfirmed and taking large payments. If you're going to take large payments, you need to setup a business Paypal account. Do everything except the SS# and you should be okay for awhile. But for me I wouldn't want to take a 2k payment into my Paypal account, that's just asking for a lot of problems. Merchant account all the way.

Merchant Plus
Old 03-19-2008

Aspkin, nearly true But I believe they limit people, regardless of the size of payment they take. On this particular account I don't take payment over £10, yes I still got limited when I tried to withdraw.
Old 03-19-2008

Being verified might help for a minute, but Paypal is a dead end if you can provide the SS#. The amount doesn't matter, everytime you use PP you run the risk of having your funds frozen no matter if its $20 or $2,000..
Old 03-20-2008
Threadstarter  

ok so the obvious point is that paypal will mostly try to limit the account if an withdrow action has taken... Thank you guys for the help.... I am gonna try if there's a better alternative to take such payments...

I've heard once you withdrow the fund to your bank, paypal can't touch it.... is this right? Or do pp has right or power to debit from your bank or reverse a completed transaction? My guess is that even they try to reverse the transaction, I can always call my bank to deny the reversal, or is it possible?
Old 03-20-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
Reason Paypal limits accounts is because people are unverified and unconfirmed and taking large payments. If you're going to take large payments, you need to setup a business Paypal account. Do everything except the SS# and you should be okay for awhile. But for me I wouldn't want to take a 2k payment into my Paypal account, that's just asking for a lot of problems. Merchant account all the way.

Merchant Plus
How about taking large payment WHILE spending out a large portion of it? I've seen some interesting ways to move funds out other than just withdraw.... also, does pp will likely be more tolerate if SS# is submitted? What's the affection to pp and to account holder? Please advice, thank you.
Old 04-18-2009

Longevity: 88%

Hi there, If i were you , I won't risk the 2k to fly to PP dirty hands.

Why you don't try to use 2k to purchase something from ebay like PS3 or Computer, anything that you can resell in real life? (Just idea, if I were you).

^^..Or ask you relatives who want to buy something (like changing new television , or anything near to 2k)...

Cheers
Old 04-19-2009

Longevity: 90%

I have decided that I will never be able to make the kind of money that I am capable of while I use PAYPAL. I have been juggling a lot of eBay and PAYPAL accounts so that I never have a lot of money going through a single PAYPAL account at one time. Still, I have had accounts limited after only one relatively small ($250.00) transaction. Then they want a copy of your SS#, recent bank statement, copy of your phone bill, copy of your driver's license and once they even asked for a copy of my Passport. Of course, I cannot - nor would I ever - give them all that information. Well, if I cannot allow very much money to get into PP hands at one time - then I am truly limited. I would like to get down to 3-4 eBay accounts that aren't traceable to my old suspended account and then get some other way to accept payment so that I don't have to worry about PP freezing my account while they have a bunch of my money . What I have done the two times that they did limit me when I had funds in the accounts is to REFUND the Buyer's and then I email them explaining the situation and asking them to send the payment to another account. So far, I have not lost a sale or the money - but even if I have shipped the item I refunded the money because I would rather the Buyer have it than PAYPAL. Always, they have sent me a new payment. But I am juggling too many accounts and always at risk - and I will never be able to make the money that I could. Any suggestions?