When Does Paypal Limit your account?? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-17-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 417
Thanks: 8
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 93%
iTrader: (0)
Default When Does Paypal Limit your account??

Ive got a bunch of accounts set up. Got 20 New bank accounts thanks to Wachovia's ability to open them online and link to my original account. Im ready to sell but I have already gotten one limited (tried to withdraw money), and another one limited (when guy put up a buyer complaint 2 hours after paying) so now im trying to figure out how im going to get the money out. Do they limit you if you keep the money in the account. And do they limit you if you try to buy something with the funds in the accont?

What Im thinking is verifying the account with bank account and bogus info of course. Then after the sale purchasing a gift card from somewhere with the funds. Will this cause them to limit the account? Anyone tried this yet?
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-18-2008
californiadreamer's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
iTrader: (0)
Default

do banks ever get suspicious when you open so many accounts??
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-18-2008
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,610
Thanks: 2,879
Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,563 Posts
Activity: 52%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (24)
Default

You'll want to confirm and verify your accounts to not get limited. It's the first thing you should do before you start withdrawing money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdot10 View Post
Ive got a bunch of accounts set up. Got 20 New bank accounts thanks to Wachovia's ability to open them online and link to my original account. Im ready to sell but I have already gotten one limited (tried to withdraw money), and another one limited (when guy put up a buyer complaint 2 hours after paying) so now im trying to figure out how im going to get the money out. Do they limit you if you keep the money in the account. And do they limit you if you try to buy something with the funds in the accont?

What Im thinking is verifying the account with bank account and bogus info of course. Then after the sale purchasing a gift card from somewhere with the funds. Will this cause them to limit the account? Anyone tried this yet?
__________________

Notice: Do not PM me. I get too many PMs to answer.
Please go to https://support.aspkin.com and submit a ticket instead.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-20-2008
Ballsack's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 825
Thanks: 20
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
iTrader: (0)
Default

The only thing you can do is refund the buyers and direct them to another paypal account you set up and have them send the money there. End of story.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-20-2008
imjustme's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,753
Thanks: 1
Thanked 509 Times in 257 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiadreamer View Post
do banks ever get suspicious when you open so many accounts??
In the US, probably. Here in Japan, my bank manager knows about what PayPal does and he just asks me "they closed another one?" when I walk into the branch and gets the forms ready for a new account. The bank makes about $10 per new account so they're happy too :D
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 34
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Well, I was forced to do something that was counter intuitive. I refunded my customers over $1,600.00. They promptly re-submitted full payments to another account. Paypal who wanted to hold my money for 180 days was left out of the loop. I realized that customers are want to do whats right.

If you are an honest seller w/customers who are happy......try it.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-20-2008
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Yes, but that is probably because you did not ship the items yet or they had not received them. I have done this a few times on different accounts, and only about 20% repaid, AFTER they received the item. I usually wait to ship item until I get payment out, but the actual cost of my item even with shipping is only around $4, so I never lose to much.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2008
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
You'll want to confirm and verify your accounts to not get limited. It's the first thing you should do before you start withdrawing money.
I verified my account with a bank and it got limited after $300 2 transactions.

Good thing I have multiple merchant accounts and a solid Google check out..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-20-2008
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,774
Thanks: 0
Thanked 16 Times in 10 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
iTrader: (0)
Default

I think we should delete all paypal threads and make them into merchant accounts thread. its kind of like we are going against our word of not using Paypal. If we continue to advertise Paypal on this thread more people will think its okay to use them. If we just advertise merchant account threads then more people will leave Paypal alone and open up there own merchant accounts..

Just my personal opinion but who gives a rat asz
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-20-2008
ebayhateluv's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 105 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Hey- same thing.. Got limited after 5,6, or 7 small sales, and a couple small buys... (The acct was verified by the way)
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-20-2008
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 936
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
I think we should delete all paypal threads and make them into merchant accounts thread. its kind of like we are going against our word of not using Paypal. If we continue to advertise Paypal on this thread more people will think its okay to use them. If we just advertise merchant account threads then more people will leave Paypal alone and open up there own merchant accounts..

Just my personal opinion but who gives a rat asz
Since November or so any new acct ive made I have not been able to list w/o a PP account. I tried entering an aol email address that I have but not connected to any Paypal account and it came back invalid. I had to accept Paypal and it had to be sent to my email registered in ebay.

I agree that we should encourage merchant accounts and get away from Paypal. I am signing up for Ccnow soon. At first I needed to do the PP route because I needed the initial money cause I had stock just sitting here for 3 months before I found this forum. I couldn't afford to wait the 45days then 15days (I think thats what it is w/ ccnow) for the money. Im close to being able to wait for the funds thanks to this board.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-20-2008
ebayhateluv's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 105 Times in 41 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Hi- I personally have had 2 what they call Buyer Inquiries-but they are closed out the same day as I responded.. in both cases-buyer asked for a refund-so I provided returns address..Both buyers then in 2 days opened another...then again in 1 week.. finally, I was pretty blunt + told ccnow + them no refunds without the mdse back.Haven't heard since. Its been 2 months. Btw-both buyers from same town-I think they were same scammer? Anyhow- ccnow apparently agreed + will not answer anymore of their foolish emails/inquiries.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-21-2008
Jonas's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,959
Thanks: 5
Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Hi- I personally have had 2 what they call Buyer Inquiries-but they are closed out the same day as I responded.. in both cases-buyer asked for a refund-so I provided returns address..Both buyers then in 2 days opened another...then again in 1 week.. finally, I was pretty blunt + told ccnow + them no refunds without the mdse back.Haven't heard since. Its been 2 months. Btw-both buyers from same town-I think they were same scammer? Anyhow- ccnow apparently agreed + will not answer anymore of their foolish emails/inquiries.
MSDE?

And do the buyers file them through paypal or CCNOW?
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PayPal monthly withdrawal limit exebayer PayPal Talk 9 05-02-2010 11:46 PM
Didn't know eBay had a seller limit tvaughan08 eBay Suspensions 8 04-27-2009 10:36 PM
paypal withdraw limit polandfreshness eBay Suspensions 8 12-30-2007 02:07 PM
Limit?? poetic3k eBay Suspensions 6 11-01-2007 08:09 PM
PayPal limit checklist ...supposed to turn green? imjustme PayPal Talk 15 10-30-2007 12:45 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:57 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts