eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   What type of credit check is done for a new bank account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/35441-what-type-credit-check-done-new-bank-account.html)

UnderBites08 08-17-2011 11:09 PM

What type of credit check is done for a new bank account

Im not worried about them doing a credit check. Im worried if im opening more then 5, if its a soft or hard credit check? does anyone know this info?

KingRay 08-17-2011 11:19 PM

The only thing I am aware of that they check is the database that the banks use to block people from accounts. Not sure what its called. Its been mentioned on here before recently. If you owe a bank money and abandon it and try to open another one somewhere else you cant. That database is what they check.

I have opened one in the last 2 weeks and checked my credit report to see if anyone has ran a check on my credit. None of the banks every show up.

Sandy D 08-17-2011 11:32 PM

It is called Cheq's Systems.

If you have a charge off at a bank, a negative balance etc you will go into this database and you wont be able to open any decent checking accounts.

Some non prime banks do not check it and you can open an account.

Search for banks that do not use cheq systems.

KingRay 08-17-2011 11:34 PM

Yep, Thats it. Thanks

UnderBites08 08-18-2011 12:14 AM

Good looks guys. Yeah I checked my Credit report and didn't see it either. Im still looking for the best bank to open online account with no deposit or monthly fee. I see in other forum posts people use BOA which i already have one. Seems they allow you to have as many as you want but need to deposit 25.00 in to open?

Sandy D 08-18-2011 12:22 AM

Chex wont show up on your credit report in most cases.

If the bank turns it into a collector then it will show up.

If--- if you have a negative balance or a charge off on a closed bank account.

I do not think BOA will allow a NEW account if you are in chex so if you have one already established you are probably good to go.

UnderBites08 08-18-2011 12:33 AM

Oh no i dont owe any banks money all accounts are in good standing and always have been. But the real question is BOA does not let you transfer funds to account if the name doesn't match. How does that work with stealth?

unkown5454 08-18-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 260339)
Chex wont show up on your credit report in most cases.

If the bank turns it into a collector then it will show up.

If--- if you have a negative balance or a charge off on a closed bank account.

I do not think BOA will allow a NEW account if you are in chex so if you have one already established you are probably good to go.

Actually, they do.

unkown5454 08-18-2011 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderBites08 (Post 260342)
Oh no i dont owe any banks money all accounts are in good standing and always have been. But the real question is BOA does not let you transfer funds to account if the name doesn't match. How does that work with stealth?

Wrong, they do. BOA is used by majority of stea.lth members here.

UnderBites08 08-18-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 260368)

Thats whats weird. BOA denied a Bank transfer to my fictitious business name ESPM DE**. Maybe because its not a regular name?

Sandy D 08-18-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 260367)
Actually, they do.

BOA allows you to open a NEW account if you are in Chex Systems and have never paid the negative balance etc?

Can you confirm that you know of someone who has been in Chex at the time they opened a checking or savings with BOA?

I am not talking about a second or third account either, I am talking about a brand new, new customer account and you have never been a customer at BOA before.

Sandy D 08-18-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 260368)

Again, I believe most veteran stealth members use their real names on those accounts. PP does not see the real info.

newjerseymax 08-18-2011 12:57 PM

Drop a couple of checks at the ATM from with your stealth name first. Create a little history in that account with the name. When the transfer goes through then they will manually look at it sometimes, usually only if account is low or in negative, they will see history and no disputes and will just let is go. Once they get used to seeing it they will either override every time or get lazy and make it a permanent override.

Both my current lady and ex-wife work in back office of large chain banks I asked all the questions... This is a good method...

rsot 08-18-2011 02:47 PM

@pepsimax, did you meet both of them at the bank? That's quite an interesting romance m.o. you got going ha - must be a fun story =)

unkown5454 08-18-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 260504)
Again, I believe most veteran stealth members use their real names on those accounts. PP does not see the real info.

I don't get what you are saying here?

I have and use BOA constantly with random names pm transfers from PP.

unkown5454 08-18-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 260503)
BOA allows you to open a NEW account if you are in Chex Systems and have never paid the negative balance etc?

Can you confirm that you know of someone who has been in Chex at the time they opened a checking or savings with BOA?

I am not talking about a second or third account either, I am talking about a brand new, new customer account and you have never been a customer at BOA before.

Yes...ME, MYSELF, and I. Opened this year within the last couple of months.

I speak with confirmed experience, thanks.

GreenBean 08-18-2011 07:34 PM

Try to avoid creating urban myths about what is possible OR not possible to do when opening bank accounts. :nono:

Whilst there is a general feeling accounts may not be opened because of a colorful past history, it is possible for application to be made to have an account.

Denial is not blanket but in fact done on a case by case basis. Be aware of that.

unknown5454 is accurate with his advice. :thumb:

Sandy D 08-18-2011 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 260558)
Yes...ME, MYSELF, and I. Opened this year within the last couple of months.

I speak with confirmed experience, thanks.

Thank you.

Having some background with credit and such I can tell you BOA used to never give anyone a new bank account if they were currently in Chex and did not have it paid up. If it was paid that is a completely different issue.

I believe you, but wanted to confirm that you still owed money to a bank and were in chex at the time you applied and opened a "new" account.

If you did and were still in chex then congrats to you.

KingRay 08-18-2011 09:10 PM

Agree 100%. BOA will NOT if you are owing any bank money. Been there a few times and know how that crap works.

If you say you still got an account then something either slipped by or was not really on the chex system as you though.

unkown5454 08-19-2011 09:14 PM

Ok, well I wish I could be more open to prove my experience and just post the d*mn statements of the money I owe to SunTrust who has put me in Chex Systems and is all still there to THIS DAY and WAS ALREADY THERE when I began opening new bank accounts with BOA.

It is not a lie. Perhaps it was a mistake on their part, who really knows, but I did not hide anything and opened the accounts in person with my SSN.

Everything I post is from personal experience or I would not post. I don't give advice on topics I have no clue or experience with and spread rumors like I tend to see going around here some times unfortunately.

With EB, PP, banking, stea.lth, etc, you just have to always be willing to try stuff on your own. I knew I was in Chex, but I walked in confident with money in hand and a legit story as to why I wanted to start banking with them. Never had a problem.

Sorry to those who really just think of me as another n00b spreading gibber gabber rampantly about.

KingRay 08-19-2011 10:10 PM

did you even read my last post???

(((((If you say you still got an account then something either slipped by OR was not really on the chex system as you thought.))))

Maybe something slipped by. Either way its NOT the norm.

unkown5454 08-19-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingRay (Post 261016)
did you even read my last post???

(((((If you say you still got an account then something either slipped by OR was not really on the chex system as you thought.))))

Maybe something slipped by. Either way its NOT the norm.

And I just told you, I KNEW I WAS IN CHEX BEFOREHAND. I was personally denied at another bank before the BOA attempt because of this. Jesus Christ.