PayPal holds - including dreaded 21 Day Hold - Page 7 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 08-14-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 91%
Angry Paypal holding Payments-Ship First!!

This is the most ridiculous policy I have ever heard of. I thought Paypal and Ebay had some BS policies before, but requiring you to ship items before you have access to the payments, well that is just retarded!

Not only do you have to pay shipping out of your own pocket, but you run the risk of shipping your item and still not being paid in the end. They say if you do not receive any disputes or problems then the money will be released after 21 days. I think that is way too excessive! Then they say if the buyer leaves positive feedback they will release sooner, problem is, a lot of buyers do not leave feedback! Another option is to provide tracking number, but for me and other sellers, I offer free shipping, and others who offer less shipping, why should we have to pay out of our pocket to provide tracking information? This is so stupid.

So my question is, does any one know when Paypal will stop holding payments and requiring all of this crap just to receive your money? Is it a certain feedback score, a certain age of the account, ect? I have tried to find the answer on Paypal, but as always, it doesn't clearly say anywhere and if you email them all you get is a canned response that does not even remotely answer your question.

Thanks guys
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

On my other account I had this going on and it was rediculous yes...but once you ship about 10-15 items it seems like they stop holding payments. It also depends on how much your items are and how high of a risk they are.
Old 08-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Of course not Modee They are too scared to put holds on you lol
Old 08-14-2008

well apparently what i'm hearing is that if you have over 100 feedback and your buyer satisfaction ratio is high enough (not sure what high enough is), your account is over 6 months old, and you have not had a lot of disputes, then that is the only way you are safe. I do not sell high risk or high dollar items, but this is one of my newer accounts and well since you can not "buy" feedback anymore, or at least not as easily or efficiently, it takes forever to get to 100 feedback. so apparently we are all screwed for god knows how long.
Old 08-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

This policy is on ebay's website. Just search for it and it will tell you what you have to do in order to not get the holds.
Old 08-14-2008

Longevity: 95%

Yep ebay and paypal just keep getting worse and worse and the only reason they do this pethic hold is to collect intrest off your money for 21 days and if some happens forget the seller let him take this loss

paypal i will go back to useing GC :D

Last edited by Modee; 08-14-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-14-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
If the account is created improperly, you get that sort of hold. None of my newer accounts have received any kind of hold like that.
what do you mean by improperly?
Old 08-15-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

so which one of you has the new account id something to the effect of billy tomson selling a bunch of hollywood dvd's in sleeves- maybe you take the wording in these posts too literally with the sears walmart example new paypal policy email me lol I guess youre the same guy selling the cows and tobacco tins under a bigger id?

Like Philly said, I don't still have the original ebay email but they spelled out the hold policy- what categories etc. It is on risky categories- i'm sure they rank their categories by how much fraud they've had.

I still laugh when I recall selling a, we'll call it an IT tool kit on dvd, to someone who paid me, delivery confirm was scanned in, and they left glowing positive feedback about it arriving and being just as described, and then me getting a chargeback on it. I guess my target demographic wasn't ideal lol

honestly though, any of you selling expensive stuff in high risk categories should be paying for some sort of confirmation out of your own pocket anyway for your own protection. No way would I ship a laptop to someone without proof it was delivered. Just tell buyers you throw it in as a free bonus, it's not that bad.

Last edited by Modee; 08-16-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-15-2008
Banned

Longevity: 92%

Modee is correct. There is a way to get around the holds on any account, whether new or old, but it is a bit too sensitive to post in public.
Old 08-16-2008
Banned

Well... unless we try new things, we can't get anywhere! Imagine the horror if we stayed the same while eBay and Paypal keeps throwing new tricks at us! They wouldn't need a security team anymore. A new game would be born!
Old 08-16-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default how much would this cost me?

I have been reading and following this forum for a while now! All has worked out great and now this hold issue! Sick and tired of this hold crap! Someone please help! Modee, aspkin anyone please help!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2008

they are not magically going to help you!!! Or Change something to make pp remove the holds!!!! READ THE FORUMS
Old 08-16-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exeneva View Post
Well... unless we try new things, we can't get anywhere! Imagine the horror if we stayed the same while eBay and Paypal keeps throwing new tricks at us! They wouldn't need a security team anymore. A new game would be born!

Well if we never tried new things and paypal and ebay would had no reason to change like back in the day when ebay new nothing about the use of gift cards me and a m8 did it and it was so good then we could get legit powerseller banned just cause we used there info! ebay really thought we was the same person.

And it seems every time ebay/paypal reads a fix here they change things so its best to keep any secerects and glitchs on the DL and only deal through PM's to trusted memebers with high post counts and has been a memeber her for awhile cause u never know when a new shill comes here from ebay/paypal with a 0 or 2 post count and wants a fixed pm to them.
Old 08-16-2008

i agree. Information that is sensitive should not be handed out freely to anyone or sold for money in terms of secrets that hardly any one knows about or glitches as previously mentioned.
Old 08-17-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Aww crap just sold my first item on eBay with my newly made account. I hope they release the hold after the buyer leaves me a positive feedback!