Technically I must accept PayPal - how do I steer buyers away from PayPal payments? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-26-2008
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%

I have several people saying they cannot "turn off" that Paypal button.. its keep re-appearing..
Ebayvictim.. any chance u can isolate exactly what 2 sub categories the buttons are in? (I cant log in from the ip im at.. ) Thanks! )

Old 02-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

I do that, never had a problem...However, people will still send it to your paypal address anyway, because they don't read as normal.
Old 02-26-2008

Longevity: 94%

Because sales are much stronger when paypal is used. It's easy and convenient for users, and they have the insurance which is what they seem to love.
Old 02-26-2008

Under my ebay....my account....preferences....selling preferences....payment from buyers. Use checkout 'no'...offer paypal on my listings 'no'...display paypal preferred on my listings 'no'! Under auctiva....disable automatic emails or customize your email to tell them to WAIT on an invoice. Disable checkout in Auctiva.

That's what I've done and so far it works for me. Only problem is half the buyers don't READ! LOL
Old 03-03-2008

Quote:
Still don't understand why so many of you guys even bother with PP any longer. You've been around long enough to know PP is a dead end, and don't you have some EBAY accounts that are pre 11/2007, so that you are free from the PP mandate?
Hold on a second there modee, are you saying that this new "law", does not apply to pre 11/07?
Old 03-03-2008

Well I am selling in a very competitive market, I don't believe that if people saw my listings and realised I didn't accept paypal, they wouldn't go elsewhere.

For not so competitive markets, yes, not accepting paypal would be a wise option.
Old 03-03-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
My sales have remained extremely strong and the last time I accepted PP was, as I recall, early summer 2007. If your product and prices are right, people don't care how they pay.
What are you going to do if all your old accounts are dead some day?
Old 03-08-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Screw paypal!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2008

Longevity: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Because sales are much stronger when paypal is used. It's easy and convenient for users, and they have the insurance which is what they seem to love.
How are you using PP, mantisinc? Are you using the same old account with all the real info or do you create a separate PP for each eBay account? I really don't know how it is possible to use PP accounts without giving them SSN and at the same time I'm getting paranoid to continue using my own old PP account because of linking risk. And using merchant accounts totally sucks in my case...
Old 03-13-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytl View Post
Hold on a second there modee, are you saying that this new "law", does not apply to pre 11/07?
yes thats what hes saying exactly this is why pre 11/07 accounts are gold, no they are platinum wrapped in diamonds
Old 03-26-2008

Talking If you have to accept paypal, here's my plan

If you have to accept paypal, here's my plan. Note, this is just an outline with summaries in parenthesis and comments in blocks. It may not be worded to sell, but it's just an outline you can work with.

We accept: credit card through visa, mastercard, (and whatever cards you accept) (explain merchant account, auctiva checkout and safety)

We accept: money orders, checks, (or depending on what you want)

We also accept PayPal: Like most people we do not accept paypal by choice, but ebay forces us. PayPal is a completely unsafe payment system for buyers and sellers. (explain www.paypalwarning.com and whatever your favorite sites) (Then explain how if a buyer pays via paypal and someone scams them, they won't be refunded because a true scammer would have emptied their paypal account.)

-----* For paypal, we use a third party service called CCNOW. [Or if you don't live where you can get CCNOW, then whatever you can use.] If you want to pay paypal, please tell us an CCNOW will send an invoice to your mailbox and if you have spam filters on, it'll go in your junk mailbox and if you use hotmail then hotmail usually refuses to receive any email at all not from hotmail. If you try to force a paypal payment through to our email address, it'll be unclaimed and not accepted because we don't have a paypal account. Using CCNOW to accept paypal through costs twice the fees as having a paypal account (takes about 6% of the transferred money) but it protects us from what paypal normally does, which is freezing funds in accounts and then holding it random for various illicit favors. PayPal can only do this because they are not regulated as a bank.

-----* For paypal, we only accept payments from a confirmed address and no PO Boxes as (address verification doesn't work with the street number portion PO Boxes). This is because if we ship to an address that isn't confirmed then the buyer only has to click a single button and gets the item for free no matter what.

-----* For paypal, we only accept payments from [note: I don't know how shipping works from the UK, but this is how it would be for the USA] the 50 USA states, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands. Outside of this, the actual tracking with signature that is viewable online (as opposed to a return receipt mailed back to you) is Global Express Guaranteed that that costs at minimum $45 postage alone and that's just for something weighing a couple ounces. This is required because if we don't do this then the buyer only has to click a single button in paypal and gets the item for free no matter what.

(I also wonder about making it a requirement that the buyer's paypal account be verified, but I don't know.)
Old 03-26-2008

That could certainly work Jonas, in fact, I'm implimenting a very similar thing in my auctions at the moment.

However, I am actually saying that in my auction, how secure it is to pay by credit/debit card, and how it's in fact safer than paypal, as you are insured up to an unlimited amount.

I think this could work well, thanks for sharing!
Old 03-26-2008

I can't pesonally see listings lasting very long, with any hint whatsoever of knocking Paypal... anything in the slightest that suggests Paypal be unsafe, were forced to use Paypal etc...etc... may be fine at the moment, whilst Ebay are implementing the "Everyone Must Offer Papal" Rule.. but once they have there sh*t together, it won't be long before the bot's or self rightous reporting gimps will have them pulled..
Old 03-26-2008

Well there's lots of ebay guides saying paypal is unsafe and brand new 0 feedback accounts with ⊗⊗⊗⊗ info can make all the ebay guides they want.
Old 03-27-2008

Okay here's one that you could add:

* Also for paying paypal, it is required buyer must print out and fax/mail/email us a statement saying they agree to the auction listing's terms. This is necessary to help protect us from fraudulent paypal disputes since paypal ignores all auction listing terms by default in its dispute system even though ebay claims makes buyers click that "You are agreeing to a contract -- You will enter into a legally binding contract to purchase the item from the seller. You are responsible for reading the full item listing, including the seller's instructions and accepted payment methods."

http://www.k7.net can receive faxes for free.

Now you might want to ask ebay about this but if they allow it then that would both make paypal disputes a lot easier and secondly annoy buyers too much to use paypal, especially since if you use a third party service or even if your mail email isn't your paypal email then they can't really pay paypal until you invoice them.
Old 03-27-2008

Alternatively, just state that payment via paypal will mean a 5 day delay in postage, or something of the kind. People ususally want their items as soon as possible.
Old 03-27-2008

people pay me in personal checks though despite the 10 day shipping delay + delay of me receiving check.
Old 03-28-2008

Another idea, maybe ebay will let people say they have to have a certain amount of feedback to use paypal like how they let sellers say you have to a certain amount of feedback to bid.

Or what if you open the account in a country where you don't have to accept paypal and then move it all to the ebay site that forces paypal and you can bypass it that way?
Old 03-31-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default Checkout Integration Solution

Hi Guys, I already hired a programmer to automate the process of checking out and paying through ccnow, I don't want to have to send an invoice for every sale, let alon the hassle of combining multiple orders, so I created a single checkout page where the eBay buyer goes and only enters his eBay ID (not password), the system will then "pull" he sales or items he won, calculate shipping, and take the buyer to ccnow (or 2checkout) to pay, if anyone here would like to share the cost and the system with me please let me know, please note that the sytem will have to be customized to your needs, for example the way shipping is calculated differs from one seller to the other. Let me know.

Tico
Old 04-01-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 97%
Default about ebay auto checkout

If i dont choose the ebay auto checkout option then ebay wont send the buyer any invoice with paypal payment button after items end?
Old 04-01-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default Problem with getting buyers to pay when using a system other than EBAY/PayPal

I had some auctions end on ebay and i sent a invoice to the winners from google checkout but no one is paying or even responding to my messages to them. Is this happening to anyone else?
Old 04-01-2008

I had the exact same thing happen to me 3 times in a row and posted a message on here about it.
Everything must be beautiful with Google checkout for others on here,because there wasn't much of a response.