Is it possible to open a new PayPal account in the US without a social security SS #? - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%

You have opened a can of worms with the children question.
It is a heated topic here.
I for one would NEVER use my children for personal gain.
You could be blowing their chance to even have a paypal account.
I do NOT agree with using your childs SSN to get a PP account.

Old 09-23-2008

Default Using kids names for PAYPAL accounts

I don't disagree with you about how distasteful it is to use your children to by-pass this system. I had a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name all picked out and everything then I remembered that PAYPAL once restricted my account and would not re-instate it until I provided them with a photocopy of my SS#. I couldn't find mine and I tried to get them to accept another form of ID - but after much phone time - NO. I am going to start off this new account as a buyer until I feel more confident but I definitely want to sell too. I read that eBay has a new rule that you cannot receive payments by Merchant account unless you have at least 100 feedbacks. Otherwise, I would open a merchant account and not even deal with PAYPAL. I am just trying to look down the road at what problems might befall me and the SS# thing reminded me. I have practically memorized the eBay Stealth Book and there isn't a lot in it about how to safely set up a PAYPAL account. I think that I have about everything else covered. I would never use my own name for a new PAYPAL account - even if I was only going to buy on eBay, because it is just too risky. This is a lot of work and I don't want to have to do it all again because I got linked. I am open to other suggestions.
Old 09-23-2008

Longevity: 91%

You could just buy a pre-11/07 account from Modee and you won't have to wait to use a Merchant Account. Shouldn't have to fax eBay anything, either.
At least get a quote from him.
Old 07-24-2009

Longevity: 85%

Can anyone tell me what info pay pal actualy see by SS#
I know the name has to match

but what else?
Age? ( what if the person is under 18? Can they see it)
Adress?

Another question
Can limits be lifted with time?
Say you open an account and sell, but keep it under $500 limit.
Will the lift ever?

Last edited by natasha; 07-24-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2009
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Paypal can do a name compare against the SS number.

If they choose to do a 'hard credit pull', they will see anything that would be in credit reports. Addresses going way back, debts, date of birth, bounced checks, and a lot more. Thing is, they can't do a hard pull unless you authorize it. So, each time you opt to upgrade your PP or ebay... read the conditions EVERY TIME. Money Market - READ IT. Link your accounts - READ IT. Paypal Plugin - READ IT. Seriously.

Limits to not get lifted with time. If you keep your activity below 500 per month, you have nothing to be concerned about (sortof).
Old 07-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvelcro View Post
Limits to not get lifted with time. If you keep your activity below 500 per month, you have nothing to be concerned about (sortof).
I see you added 'sort of. tbf, it would be safer to say to the newbies that they should be prepared to have their paypal account limited for nearly any amount of money. ffs, it's paypal and they limit accounts.
Old 07-25-2009
Vicvelcro

Yes. It's pretty much just like that.

If you only do a small number of transactions of low value, the likelihood of trouble is somewhat low. All it takes is a single $100 transaction. Maybe you sold 10 items at $10 each but try to transfer the entire balance of $100 - BAM! (most likely).

But, since it is Paypal... one single $15 transaction COULD get you. Several $200's you might be fortunate. Many factors come into play. For instance, if you live around Detroit or Youngstown, you'll have more problems. If you live around Fairfax VA or Rochester Hills MI, you'll have less problems.

Simple answer - General Rule: No SS, no removal of limits. Low transactions - probably no trouble, but no guarantees.
Old 08-13-2009

Longevity: 85%
Default no activation code.

i am new here and yesterday i bought the eBay Stealth ebook. i paid with my credit card.
but i made a mistake and entered an invalid email address
so i never received an activation code.

i have sent 2 emails to the support email of this website. but no answer.
i also sent a pm to aspking. a while ago.

now i am trying the forums to see if somebody can help me.

thanks
Old 08-13-2009
Executive [VIP]

^^^ This gets handled by aspkin. Send him another pm and so I will as well. Don't worry, we will get the code fixed for you. And Welcome to the forum. Feel free to send me a pm if you have any problems.
Old 10-10-2009

Longevity: 86%

if i create a paypal account in my mothers name and create an ebay account with a fiction name and link them will they close the account? of course i would provide routing/account number and then list my mothers name so that i could use her SS#. would they shut it down?

illey
Old 10-10-2009
Executive [VIP]

Preferably names should match for ebay/paypal. Your aim should be to have everything in order to keep paypal happy.
Old 12-03-2009

Longevity: 83%

with the 2000 dollar limit and 500 withdrawal can one raise by having a real bank account in ones name since they dont check the name on account, then adding a ss number that matches name of stealth paypal account will that fly?
Old 12-04-2009
Executive [VIP]

beetle,
Ya want to expand on your post 'specially about the ssn matching the stealth paypal name?
Old 12-05-2009

Default 500 and 2000 starting limitations and ss number to match

if your stealth paypal account is in another name and location, and you have a paypal account running and doing well also a stealth account same name and address you have a dilema you have not used the 500 dollar limit because you cant pull the money out but you can use the 2000 dollar limit to move money out made on ebay that way without using a bank account to verify or a ss number until limits are met however here is the problem, you get an account to verify if your real name since they cant see it with correct information can you pull money out that way without triggering anything, now the real trick when limitation hits or before it hits can one use ass number that matches the name of the stealth account? to pass ss verification? example stealth account pete smith ebay account pete smith bank acount mike jones(ie real name) ss number to match pete smith will it pass to lift limitations to lift limits to pull more money until the next hard limitation comes?this could give you more time to run the game if the ss number matches the name am i correct?
Old 12-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

You guys have it slightly worse in the US. In the UK we DO NOT have to supply the equivalent of the SS number which is the NI number.

Thats at present.... could change......
Old 12-30-2009

So, as long as you confirm your account with a credit card, they will not limit you right? I want to be sure because I just opened up 5 newbie accounts....SO scared of this limit!! My items are expensive and I will $500 in NO time FLAT!
Old 03-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

no SS in hong kong too
Old 05-05-2010

Longevity: 81%

i thought that if you verified 2 of the 3 ways you didnt need to give the ssn?
Old 05-09-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa B View Post
Nhan - Didn't you confirm your PP account before you started selling? if not, there's your problem right there.

Crafton - You DO NOT need a social to verify your PP account, you can do one out of three things to get verified:
1. Give them your social (not recommended)
2. Verify the two small deposits in your bank account.
3. Give them the 4 digit expanded use number.

Everyone here does #2 and #3.

ebayhateluv made a good post about this a few months back.

Here is is

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...ebit-card.html

Hope this helps
So does just giving them a social still work to verify an account lacking a bank account?

It's not needed by me, but I've seen a lot people ask about how to make a personal account(not to be used for large/risky trading) without adding a bank.
I had no idea this was even an option. Does it at least require a CC+Social, or just a bald social?

Last edited by SimplyComplex; 05-09-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

I have not made any new accounts recently. However, if I recall correctly, all US Paypal accounts must have a bank account attached.

I think you are possibly confusing the bank issue about confirming the deposits.

You can add a bank account but not confirm it. Or you can add a bank account and confirm the deposits.

I am pretty sure that if you do not confirm the deposits, you cannot withdraw PP funds to the bank account and you can not add funds to Paypal from the bank account.

Thus adding a bank account without confirming the deposits would pretty much be a waste. You can do it, but why would you?

In summary, you must add a bank account. You should confirm the deposits.

Anyone who has contradictory info, please feel free to correct me.

Continuing on...

CC+Social should work, but you can't do much with the PP. Valid, but not very useful.

CC+Bank should work fine.

Bank+Social, more useful.

NOTE - At some point, PP will pester you for the SS# anyhow. And if you don't produce it, they limit the account.

If you plan on using it to process much money and/or if you plan on keeping it for very long - Plan for and expect to do the following: Add bank account, confirm bank deposits, add credit card, provide social, and perhaps do the expanded use procedure for the credit card.

They have not yet asked for my firstborn child. If and when they do, they will find themselves empty handed unless they can get a court order to exhume the body.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 05-09-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 05-09-2010

Longevity: 84%

^ That's always what I thought. But then I read his post stating that a SS would verify an account. Useless for me, but I've seen it asked several times on other forums.
I've even replied that a back account was flatly required for a verified account because I thought it was.
I don't like disseminating misinformation
Old 05-09-2010
Vicvelcro

Well, most of Paypal is about as clear as Scottish mud.

I think for starters, you could open a PP account with the following minimum:
a bank account
{and}
comply with any 2 of the following - Social Security Number, Credit Card with Expanded Use, Confirm the amount of 2 secret deposits into your bank account from Paypal

But in truth, no matter which 2 you choose, eventually they will get around to weaseling all 3 out of you. They especially want your SS#, so if you don't do it at the beginning, expect a limitation soon. If you skip either of the other 2, they wait a bit longer before the limit comes.

And to be even more honest: If you conduct many transactions of small value or even a few transactions of higher value,they will get around to requesting some form of ID and also request proof of possession (inventory not demons). Proof of possession could be store receipts or supplier invoices (not a note from your mom or the head of your religious group). They do sometimes further ask you to provide a copy of your bank statement and your credit card statement. Sometimes a utility bill can be used.

There's a thread that mentions other things you can submit, as a substitute for some of the things they ask for. I've used my voter registration card, copy of my car title, birth certificate, passport, copy of hospital bill, marriage license, my ministerial credentials (I'm a monk and a reverend), my press ID card (I'm a reporter for the monastery newspaper and radio station), a copy of a speeding ticket (they agreed that nobody would offer a copy of a ticket for doing 130 MPH above the posted speed unless it really was genuine), my pilot's licence (rotary wing), my forklift licence, and my mechanic's license.

I have not yet tried providing them with a copy of my death certificate. I can't really predict how well that would suffice.

Last edited by Vicvelcro; 05-09-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Closed Thread