Should i make a new paypal account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-12-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default Should i make a new paypal account?

Right now my I use my paypal account to pay my seller fees. When i make the new account will they link my suspended account to the new one if i use my old paypal account?
Dose eBay track all the IP address you use? I log into eBay from home,work and school so each IP is different. Can i make an account from work since i created my account at home?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-12-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 100%

I recommend you read this guide and read through this forum a little more. All your questions have been answered before.
Old 06-12-2007
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the link. But i havent found an aser to my question of how ebay track your IP. Do they track every IP that you use when you log in? Or just the one you create teh account with?
Old 06-12-2007

Longevity: 98%

mad, we don't know if ebay makes a log for every ip accessed to a particular account. But if you are going to make a new account, just change your IP to a different one before doing so, and you should be fine.
Old 06-12-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifreewillie View Post
mad, we don't know if ebay makes a log for every ip accessed to a particular account. But if you are going to make a new account, just change your IP to a different one before doing so, and you should be fine.
I think library/government/school ip addresses is fine. Because they start in the 2XX something range and ebay knows thats a public ip
Old 06-12-2007

dont create a new paypal account...itll get limited with all your money in there. I learned the hardway.
Old 06-12-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysucks12345 View Post
dont create a new paypal account...itll get limited with all your money in there. I learned the hardway.
Not necessary. If you don't trigger their limiting flag, you'll be fine. From what I know so far, if you withdraw over $1000 within 24hrs, it's an automatic limitation.

To avoid getting your money freeze up, withdraw your money ASAP and as often as possible. Paypal is NOT a bank account, it is not a place to keep your money. Remember that.
Old 06-12-2007

Quote:
Not necessary. If you don't trigger their limiting flag, you'll be fine. From what I know so far, if you withdraw over $1000 within 24hrs, it's an automatic limitation.

To avoid getting your money freeze up, withdraw your money ASAP and as often as possible. Paypal is NOT a bank account, it is not a place to keep your money. Remember that.
Not true, Paypal will freeze any new account no matter what within the 1st few incoming money transactions, usually it happens around $400 but even if you have only received less money then that and try to withdraw your money your account will get limited asap!

My old account got limited because i had a #30 deposit come into my account, I was man paypal is getting really greedy now for a petty $30
Old 06-13-2007
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPUGEEK View Post
Not true, Paypal will freeze any new account no matter what within the 1st few incoming money transactions, usually it happens around $400 but even if you have only received less money then that and try to withdraw your money your account will get limited asap!

My old account got limited because i had a #30 deposit come into my account, I was man paypal is getting really greedy now for a petty $30
I can confirm what CPU asserts. Happened to me on a 3 week old account. Small payments ($30-40 a day) and withdrawals to my bank account. Now I have about $150 stuck in there. What happens to your cash if you can't meet their "bunch of documents" confirmation?
Old 06-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by whome View Post
I can confirm what CPU asserts. Happened to me on a 3 week old account. Small payments ($30-40 a day) and withdrawals to my bank account. Now I have about $150 stuck in there. What happens to your cash if you can't meet their "bunch of documents" confirmation?
They will release it after a certain amount of time. Usually 180 days.
Old 06-13-2007

Quote:
They will release it after a certain amount of time. Usually 180 days.
Takes 180 days and then they will send you a email telling you to withdraw funds
Old 06-13-2007

Quote:
I don't know what day and age you used Paypal CPU, but I have got multiple PP accounts (which I still do) so I should know this situation better than you. You were limited so fast probably because they know you're suspicious.
Yeah right. Why is there so many people complaning on PayPalSucks.com
Old 06-13-2007
Threadstarter  

So how do you avoid getting your account frozen? If you get verified by linking it to your bank account you should be okay, right? From what i have read, you can have more than one account as long as they are linked to different bank acccounts.
Old 06-13-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbrad View Post
So how do you avoid getting your account frozen? If you get verified by linking it to your bank account you should be okay, right? From what i have read, you can have more than one account as long as they are linked to different bank acccounts.
From what I have read and heard from different peoplei is that it is no way to avoid gettin it frozen. I do use paypal anymore because I have my own merchant account that I use with my brick and motar store
Old 06-16-2007

I have had one paypal account suspended, with a few funds held. It took the whole 180 days and then some, but they did eventually release the money.
Old 06-19-2007
Administrator

The only time I've had a problem with Paypal is when I hit the more then $1500 or $2000 a day alarm they seem to have. They simply asked for my SS#, ran my credit, saw everything was okay and released my account. Since then I haven't had any problems. I currently have thousands everyday going through my account. I even have an account manager that helps me out and checks in on me every once in awhile making sure things are okay. I have nothing against Paypal.
Old 06-23-2007
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modee View Post
How much of those thousands is profit? That's pretty cool that you still talk to us, you millionaire you.

Lol I told you already (don't repeat). It's complicated. But I do okay.
Old 06-23-2007

Ok now you guys have me second guessing. I've been planning on opening a new account to link to ebay for a while now, all under a new business, but I wanted all my facts straight as I don't want to risk frozen funds under someone else's name for 180 days. And even then...who knows? This paypal account would have the name, address, and other information associated with one of our user names. There would be a VCC on the account with matching information. I see this as the only way to be able to link the accounts to do what I need to do. So should I instead use the real name and leave the address the same as ebay on the account? Would that be the better way to go to lessen the problems that might come if limited? Then I would only have to provide my SS# Of course, if they're linked then both could easily see that the names are different?! And wouldn't that generate a red flag for both ebay and paypal?! I'm so confused! What option am I not seeing here that will solve this problem? There has to be one!
Old 06-23-2007

You just answered the question with your last sentence. Using a real name wouldn't really be possible, as it would be linked to a past account.
Old 06-24-2007
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
The only time I've had a problem with Paypal is when I hit the more then $1500 or $2000 a day alarm they seem to have. They simply asked for my SS#, ran my credit, saw everything was okay and released my account. Since then I haven't had any problems. I currently have thousands everyday going through my account. I even have an account manager that helps me out and checks in on me every once in awhile making sure things are okay. I have nothing against Paypal.

That's great except for the fact that they can still limit you for no particular reason as stated in their TOS. You might literally wake up one day with thousands of dollars tied up without the ability to withdraw it. On top of that they still have your SS# for no particular reason. The amount of information paypal has on their users must be ridiculous. You can literally create a whole new identity for yourself based on the information paypal asks you to send them so they can "lift" your account.
Old 06-24-2007

Ok Modee, I'm going to try to explain a little more as reading it back now I guess you could get confused of my meaning.

Basically, it's a matter of whether to create the paypal account with the name and information given on the ebay account or not. That will be different than my real name and information. The account will be linked to ebay, so I don't know if the names have to match (or the addresses) for a linked account and if they don't if that will be trouble, from ebay or paypal.

If the SS# is for someone different than the name I supply, that will cause problems later too I would imagine. So again, we're back to needing for the SS# and name to match. So what do you do? Make up a SS#? That's the only solution I can think of, other than providing my real name and SS#. Which again, if it matches an old ebay user name, might be trouble.

The whole point here is to avoid limitations or worse.

The only other thing I can possibly think of is that it might be possible for the name to be accurate on paypal (but different on ebay), and the addresses to match exactly? Or could it be the other way around?
Old 06-24-2007

This is exactly why I research these things to the nth degree before taking action. And what I was trying to point out is that it is possible to match a real security number. All you need to do is find it.

I don't know who you're getting social security numbers from Modee, but it must be nice. My family doesn't even share their SS# with each other, much less company members. So the next thing to turn to is manufactured.

And you still haven't answered the rest of the question.