eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   WARNING: PayPal Limited Emails (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/61369-warning-paypal-limited-emails.html)

jeffweico 06-23-2013 12:53 PM

WARNING: PayPal Limited Emails

FYI....

There have been a lot of emails being sent recently that look like they are from PayPal, but are really phishing emails from scammers.

They look like they are coming from PayPal, but they are not. They say that your account has been limited but DO NOT give you any reason for the limitation. They tell you to log into your PayPal account for more information and provide a link.

DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK!

It will take you to a website that looks exactly like the real PayPal website, but is actually a scam site designed to steal your username and password.

STAYING SAFE:

If you ever receive an email from PayPal, Amazon, eBay or your bank saying that your account has been limited, or will be limited, NEVER CLICK ON ANY LINK IN THE EMAIL, even if it looks totally legitimate!

Instead, use your browser to go to PayPal (or whatever site) the way you normally do and log on that way. If your account really IS limited, you will see what the problem is.

One of the emails I received claimed my account was not limited but "will be limited soon if we do not hear from you within 24 hours". If you are going to have a PayPal or bank account limited, there are usually no warnings, so these emails are almost certainly a scam. Again, if PayPal has a problem with you, logging into your account the normal way will show you what the problem is.

Sandy D 06-23-2013 01:19 PM

Thanks for the heads up Jeff.

It appears these people are back on the war path and sending these like they did a few years back in bulk numbers.

SaiJin 06-23-2013 01:31 PM

RUle of thumb is to see if they Say your name and if they want you to click on a link.

Always log into paypal to check these things

Gamefreak 06-23-2013 01:32 PM

First thing to do when you get an email from ebay or paypal about limitations or MC999 or anything like that is check the header to make sure it came from who it says.

It will tell you exactly who sent it. I rarely log into my accounts unless i HAVE to

Stealth4 06-23-2013 06:37 PM

I got one few weeks ago but it was a payment confirmation and when I clicked on the link the add was not from paypal

GreenBean 06-23-2013 06:41 PM

never click on a link from a email from PayPal.
Protect yourself. Sign into PayPal and check everything

Simple protection

FlavioLHP 09-18-2013 07:25 PM

Re: WARNING: PayPal Limited Emails

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth4 (Post 461376)
I got one few weeks ago but it was a payment confirmation and when I clicked on the link the add was not from paypal

i had the same situation on the past!

rsot 09-19-2013 12:14 PM

Pretty slick this scam - aimed for the folks who are ignorant...I never click on links via e-mail...I always prefer to log directly into PP to see.

Only e-mail I would click from PP would be the "CONFIRMATION OF EMAIL" email.

JamesNorth101 09-19-2013 12:20 PM

Not had one of these, thanks for the head up though :thumb:

levi6482 09-20-2013 04:47 PM

No never had one but a friend has...he never fell for it, but was then suspended within days! Very strange....also had about £22k go through the account within 3-4 months.

Limitation was on the basis they didn't like his business model.

Strange..

GreenBean 09-22-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levi6482 (Post 487714)
No never had one but a friend has...he never fell for it, but was then suspended within days! Very strange....also had about £22k go through the account within 3-4 months.

Limitation was on the basis they didn't like his business model.

Strange..

Lucky it was not you.

:mod:

write 10-20-2013 12:59 PM

lol even if i see a link from pp (and knew it was 100% from them) i wouldn't click it ;}

ladyjane 12-21-2013 08:47 PM

I did get one of those about a month ago and said my account was going to be limited unless I update my information..it wanted my to click on to the link and it turned out to not be Pay-pal after all who sent it..:nono:

rama 12-22-2013 03:23 AM

Never click a link in emails is always the best practice. Be safe

shani1212 01-19-2014 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 461313)
FYI....

There have been a lot of emails being sent recently that look like they are from PayPal, but are really phishing emails from scammers.

They look like they are coming from PayPal, but they are not. They say that your account has been limited but DO NOT give you any reason for the limitation. They tell you to log into your PayPal account for more information and provide a link.

DO NOT CLICK ON THAT LINK!

It will take you to a website that looks exactly like the real PayPal website, but is actually a scam site designed to steal your username and password.

STAYING SAFE:

If you ever receive an email from PayPal, Amazon, eBay or your bank saying that your account has been limited, or will be limited, NEVER CLICK ON ANY LINK IN THE EMAIL, even if it looks totally legitimate!

Instead, use your browser to go to PayPal (or whatever site) the way you normally do and log on that way. If your account really IS limited, you will see what the problem is.

One of the emails I received claimed my account was not limited but "will be limited soon if we do not hear from you within 24 hours". If you are going to have a PayPal or bank account limited, there are usually no warnings, so these emails are almost certainly a scam. Again, if PayPal has a problem with you, logging into your account the normal way will show you what the problem is.

thanks for the heads up..Jeff

biglouis999 01-19-2014 11:17 AM

All these spoofy spoofs have made people paranoid about clicking on any links.

From time to time I have to send a buyer a Paypal money request. I always tell them that the email will come from XXX (my company name) which may not be the same as my shop name on that platform.

Then they will know what the email is when it arrives.

I also tell them that if they feel nervous about clicking on the link they can log into Paypal and find the money request at the top of their account overview page so they can pay it there without clicking any link.

nivo 02-06-2014 11:14 PM

The problem.. they are making it look like it is from PP. I would not open an email anyway. May help if I checked any of the accounts ;)

tmastermind 02-07-2014 07:13 AM

Its still seems to be flying about, I've not had one but another issue this causes are my buyers accounts...

I have seen an increase in purchases that have gone though only for there to be held in my paypal account because the account holder has raised a case of unauthorised access.

This means these ppl have prob clicked on these scam email links and the scammers have got hold of their PP accounts and used it to buy stuff off me!

Thankfully I've sent everything with tracking so I'm protected by PayPal but a good heads up for everyone here...you dont have to be the one who clicks on one of these email links to get hit by the scam!

Gamefreak 02-09-2014 10:25 AM

i just got a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ email from member@paypall.com saying my account is limited

MM78 02-09-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 527134)
i just got a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ email from member@paypall.com saying my account is limited

I got 2 on separate accounts.

bakica 02-09-2014 07:12 PM

I also got one from member@paypall.com and I have to say they did a good job.

Be aware !!!

honehh 02-09-2014 10:16 PM

WARNING: PayPal Limited Emails

Lol the @Paypall.com brings back memories. I used to get those all the time for years, haven't recently though. I remember like 4 years ago I even went along with an email I received, not realizing it was spam, and changed my pw with them and credit card, etc. I realized right away afterwards that the site wasn't PP and ended up contacting PP about it. Of course they didn't do jack about it (despite customer service being better back then).