eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Anyone who has got the paypal debit card having issues? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/61371-anyone-who-has-got-paypal-debit-card-having-issues.html)

acreech41311 06-23-2013 03:36 PM

Anyone who has got the paypal debit card having issues?

I have the paypal debit card on my account, my primary account is not a stealth account all legit info etc as I dont sell high volume or high risk but I do have an aged backup account waiting in the wings,.

anyway I have used it for ATM withdrawals countless times but the last 2 times I have tried to use it to make an ATM withdrawal it has spit out an error telling me it can't compete the transaction to contact the financial institution (paypal) this has been over the last week, first time was monday then again today.

I can do cash back at the store when I make a purchase and get funds that way but only like $50 and I wanted to withdrawal a couple hundred. Is anyone else having issues with doing a debit card atm withdrawal? I tried both banks in town, neither worked.

I did notice that both banks have the Cirrus network for the ATM's so Im wondering if its just an issue with paypal and that network and if I tried another network's atm would it work or if its an issue with just paypal.

jeffweico 06-23-2013 04:18 PM

I've had no issues. Since your card still works, I don't think PayPal has limited your account - if they did, it wouldn't work at all. When you log into PayPal, does it say there are any issues?

If all is OK, then I would assume it is some sort of a glitch. Since this is your real account and it seems to have no issues (low volume, low risk items) it probably wouldn't hurt to call and ask them - but with PayPal, of course, there are no guarantees.

acreech41311 06-23-2013 08:52 PM

No, no issues with my account at all card works everywhere else just not for atm withdrawals lately, I'm traveling tomorrow so I am gonna try it at an atm in the Star network and see if it works, if not then I'll call paypal and see if they can tell me whats up.

rsot 06-23-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acreech41311 (Post 461395)
No, no issues with my account at all card works everywhere else just not for atm withdrawals lately, I'm traveling tomorrow so I am gonna try it at an atm in the Star network and see if it works, if not then I'll call paypal and see if they can tell me whats up.

Wouldnt recommend calling PP - wait for more than 3-5 days if the error repeats itself.

Monitor your account

Dmshark25 06-23-2013 10:24 PM

Could be a glitch since the card is working everywhere except ATM I agree wait it out few days before calling

acreech41311 06-25-2013 08:27 AM

Debit card works fine at ATM withdrawals for Star Network branded ATM's, apparently the Cirrus network is where the problem is. This is a problem for me since I live in a tiny town with 2 atms, and both are Cirrus networks. I'll try it again next week and if it's still not working I will have to call paypal to see if it's just a glitch or if for whatever reason they are no longer working on the Cirrus Network. I can transfer money to my bank account but it was much more convienient just to go get it from the ATM instantly.

zapbolt 06-25-2013 02:30 PM

Never call PayPal unless you have to and just wait. A lot of time with PayPal time fixes things easier than being to proactive.

joesshooze 06-27-2013 10:18 AM

I would figure it out on my own and NOT CALL. Good luck I am sure you will get more FB from the good people here.