got scammed, paypal negative balance, help! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 07-10-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%

$250 in fees is nothing to Ebay, they start to notice you at $10000 a month and even than they will can you because they know there is 50 people taking your place
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

Well it's a **** show. I provided all the details including photos of the item in its packaging before shipped as well as the ****ing screenshot of the monitoring software showing the hardware working correctly for 2+ weeks nonstop, all of which were part of the auction photos too. I showed them the history of negative feedbacks this douche left for other sellers and the sellers response which is all along the lines of "the item was working correctly you lied.". All stated clearly and concise.

I also provided screenshot of the usps signature confirmation which has the timestamp when he signed and his first response saying nothing is working which he filed wthin 20 mins of signing for the package, I highlighted the timestamps for both, converted to PST for ebay, and stated the 20 min gap and there is no way even a pro can setup this kind of hardware in 20 mins and test it. And this guy was asking me basic questions like how to plug in the power it's not physically possible he actually even tested this.

The case got routed to high value claims in ebay and i got a response from a real person (or so i thought) saying they need a bit time to check which had my hope up, then literally within 5 minutes another email came saying it ruled in the buyers favor. It's all bull**** i am sure they didnt even bother to read anything i wrote and just fed it through their automated system, all the responses are canned copy paste. Those ****ers.

Now the buyer is dragging his feet to send the hardware back, i am sure he's playing around with it until the last day of the 10 day limit to send it with a replaced part or damaged.

It's time like this i wish my account was not stealth, then i can go after this asshole.

Last edited by newdude05; 07-17-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@newdude05, you have his address....you get his phone number...you go at it hard if you have the time and power. Sad story to hear but yes, this is the inherent risk of online sales
Old 07-19-2013

Longevity: 64%

Lol all these people saying do tnis do that. You cant do anything and you always lose these cases. SNAD is a 100 percent seller loser. Put your video cameras and deputy badges away SNAD is a loser and it sucks!
Old 07-19-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdude05 View Post
yes i am definitely going to fight it, but paypal's policy is if buyer files claim they will 100% get their money back if they return the item, and paypal's definition of returning the item is a return tracking #.

this is a pro scammer, he takes full advantage of this, i counted at least a dozen sellers since 2012 who got scammed out of thousands of dollars by him. He will buy cheap stuff and get positive feedback so his feedback page looks great, but if you click on the feedback he left for others it's all red for the expensive $1000+ auctions, and the sellers reply to his negative feedback are all similar that item was sent new he returned back different worthless electronic, scammed.
PP doesn't always rule in buyer's favor in the case of "not as described". But you really have to arm yourself heel to toe if selling those high risk items (electronics value more than $500).

1. First, go get those unique temper proof sticker (with serial number printed) and attach them to the item you are selling. If the buyer tries to remove those, it will fail apart into powder form (same as the one attached to your printer toner).

2. Make sure you have a picture in your eBay listing showing the sticker and the serial number. Make it clear in your listing that you do not accept return if these stickers were removed.

3. Take a picture of the item with sticker right next printed shipping label before dispatch.

4. When the returned package arrive. Don't open it yet! Take your phone camera and record the whole unboxing process!

If you have these evidence available, Paypal is going to rule in your favor almost 100%.
Old 08-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

want to update on the latest outcome of this as it may help other who got themselves into a similar situation to know what to expect.

so the guy waited until 3 days before the deadline to send me back the hardware, as expected it's missing 2 main parts ( i guess he needed those as replacement), also one corner of a metal pin was bent, you can clearly see he took a piler and bend it to show physical damage & reason for not as described case - the teeth mark are still visible.

I sent the ebay high value guy an unboxing video along with photos of the physical damage and teeth mark, indicating there is no way a metal pin would get bent and damaged like this during shipping while in full foam protection, also the fact the bent pin doesnt affect the hardware function at all. That the key is 2 parts are missing.

I sent 2 emails, never heard a response back. Instead my ebay and paypal account went into their automatic workflow which says tracking indicate you received package -> refund issued to buyer -> pay your account or we limit you and send to collection agency -> both ebay and paypal account limited -> i am at this stage, i am sure the next step is the collection agency.

Those ****ers at the ebay high value department are the absolute worst assholes, they take no responsibility and just don't care at all, the regular customer service is much better by comparison.

I had a similar experience with their high value dept a few years back, the guy mistakenly closed the case thinking it was a different one, even the closing comment he put is for the wrong case. But he refused to reopen or help, kept yelling on the phone saying decision is final there is no one else you can talk to. Basically once it goes through their system noone can touch it. Of course i was using my real account that time, i filed with BBB and ca's consumer affairs dept. Then got a call from their vp or something. a week or so later ebay sent me a check for the full amount, and a response via email saying they will looking into training their staff better...

Anyway getting sidetracked - bottomline if you use stealth you are pretty much ****ed in item not as described cases (i am not sure if above temper proof seal etc..will work, you can try). But if you are using real account, dont give up, those assholes at high value dept will always try to stonewall you, they wont do anything else but follow the computer process. Instead go file with bbb, consumer affair etc.. you will get your money back.

Last edited by newdude05; 08-13-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2014

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: got scammed, paypal negative balance, help!

What does bbb or consumer affairs do about it?