eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal how to avoid SSN (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/63848-paypal-how-avoid-ssn.html)

ilovemymac 08-27-2013 12:45 AM

Paypal how to avoid SSN

I want to turn my account into a business account either that or open a new paypal under a diff name.
Problem i dont get is to get an EIN i have to input a SSN. SO how do i do that and not let paypal know who i am? We are trying not to show our real names right? so all an EIN does is nothing really then right because paypal can easily see who the EIN belongs to?

jeffweico 08-27-2013 01:00 AM

When PayPal verifies your EIN, they are only matching the name of the business to the EIN on file. The IRS requires an SSN when applying for an EIN for their own purposes. They do not share that information with PayPal.

Having said that, PayPal CAN, if they want to, require an SSN for identity verification even on a business account. That does not normally happen, but it CAN if PayPal perceives the account as a financial risk, or if you are selling high-risk items.

GreenBean 08-27-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemymac (Post 480750)
I want to turn my account into a business account either that or open a new paypal under a diff name.
Problem i dont get is to get an EIN i have to input a SSN. SO how do i do that and not let paypal know who i am? We are trying not to show our real names right? so all an EIN does is nothing really then right because paypal can easily see who the EIN belongs to?

No, paypal do not see that info.

This is why the EIN can be great.

You make an EIN in a choosen name. Yes, you supply a SSN for that for the IRS.

You then get the named EIN. That goes on your paypal.

Later if paypal want to find out if there is an EIN, they ask the IRS this question

is named EIN correct yes or no..... provided the info matches the reply is (usually) yes....

BUT if that paypal account has big issues, troubles etc, a request might happen for the SSN.
It would take really bad management for that...

Hope that helps you
:mod:

ilovemymac 08-27-2013 10:06 AM

ok great. I can make an EIN no problem. I am not selling high risk items nothing even over $200. And so far i have had no issues with ebay or paypal asking any questions so id like to keep it that way. I thought maybe the SSN was available to paypal.

rsot 08-27-2013 10:23 AM

Keep sales slow also (projected rate should be way less than 200 sales/20k) - spread over multiple stealth accounts

ilovemymac 08-27-2013 10:54 AM

why would i want to keep sales low? Is not the object to make money?

corleone 08-27-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemymac (Post 480843)
why would i want to keep sales low? Is not the object to make money?

The object of stealth is to stay under the radar.

There is no limit to the amount of stealth accounts you can have. Think outside the box.

Instead of thinking: "how can I make this account grow big". . .you should be thinking "how many stealth accounts can I run at the same time without being overwhelmed".

I'm currently at 121 accounts with 12 in waiting periods to sell. Some of these accounts have insanely large selling limits, but I rarely exceed 1k per month in sales on any of them, and average about 300-500/mo per account during non-holiday seasons(Xmas time triples my sales). Do the math.

A single ant is no problem, but a colony of ants can devour anything in it's path. That's what stealth accounts are. . .just think ants.

ilovemymac 08-27-2013 11:23 AM

so if i sell to much ebay becomes suspicious?

Dmshark25 08-27-2013 12:27 PM

OP listen to what Corleone has said , if you want to last as a long time seller you need to have many accounts instead of one giant account , if an account is making $800 a month no one notices but if one account makes $10,000 everyone notices

corleone 08-27-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemymac (Post 480859)
so if i sell to much ebay becomes suspicious?

yes, yes and yes.

Make your business look like a hobby, not a business.

ilovemymac 08-27-2013 03:47 PM

ok i will work on that. Just got to figure out the whole changing IP address so as not to link accounts

corleone 08-27-2013 04:07 PM

If you have a router change the last 2 digits of your Mac ID, google to find out how to do it.

Otherwise, download T-mac IP change software.

Laritha 08-27-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 480850)
Instead of thinking: "how can I make this account grow big". . .you should be thinking "how many stealth accounts can I run at the same time without being overwhelmed".

I'm currently at 121 accounts with 12 in waiting periods to sell. Some of these accounts have insanely large selling limits, but I rarely exceed 1k per month in sales on any of them, and average about 300-500/mo per account during non-holiday seasons(Xmas time triples my sales). Do the math.

121 accounts at one time? And thats not overwelming? How in the heck do you keep up?

MM78 08-27-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laritha (Post 480924)
121 accounts at one time? And thats not overwelming? How in the heck do you keep up?

Most call it...."Being Organized", just a hunch really.

GreenBean 08-27-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovemymac (Post 480915)
ok i will work on that. Just got to figure out the whole changing IP address so as not to link accounts

Either change the MAC address or use a dongle or tether

Since I have more than one stealth account, I use different IP methods

I prefer variety to avoid being linked

GreenBean 08-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

266 posts made means you have been here a while

Have you not found out that doing stealth is an organised business?

Thanks to the forum content, it is defined how to run stealth accounts.

One or ten or more, a user goes by a plan

corleone 08-27-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

I have all my emails fwd to one email address, so I know instantly whenever I get a message or offer. Each account has BIN items with Best offer, most things sell by Best offer. I've disabled phone communication on every account, I never worry about phone calls. If it means losing an account here and there, then I'm fine with that, but I've never lost an account based on not having a phone. There are workarounds.

The items that I list by auction each week are rotated. I have everything organized on spreadsheets. I color code the usernames based on which week I listed items on them, so I know which accounts are next up on rotation.

For example, Let's say I list on 20 accounts one week, those will be blue, the next week 20 red, the next orange, the next green, the next brown etc. . .when I get back to blue 4-5 weeks later, I know which accounts I need to list on. It keeps everything spread out equally and at the levels where I can control the weekly/monthly/yearly sales.

I have methods to avoid problems, and part of my method is only listing a few on each account. I never want to look like a full time seller, I alway's act like a novice. With that said, this is my full time job, and I spend 10-12 hours per day on my business.

john456 08-27-2013 09:01 PM

I am a small time stealther, i have 20 accounts selling. Corleone is right. Looking small is the best way to get ebay of your back.

I want to grow now. Instead of waiting for limits increase on one account, i am creating more.

Best part is that i am not living in fear that ebay will shut down my main account. If they do close one of my 20, impact is small.

It gives you piece of mind. That is priceless.

john456 08-27-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 480925)

Organization is critical. But once you figure it out, it is not that complicated. It becomes a habit.

jeffweico 08-27-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john456 (Post 480988)
I am a small time stealther, i have 20 accounts selling. Corleone is right. Looking small is the best way to get ebay of your back.

I want to grow now. Instead of waiting for limits increase on one account, i am creating more.

Best part is that i am not living in fear that ebay will shut down my main account. If they do close one of my 20, impact is small.

It gives you piece of mind. That is priceless.

EXACTLY! Spreading out your risk like this can only STRENGTHEN your business. If you have ONE account doing $10k per month, and it gets shut down, you are screwed. If you have TEN accounts each doing $1k per month, and one gets shut down, you can recover much more easily.

Sandy D 08-29-2013 08:06 AM

I have close to 500 actual accounts in which I use 15-20 accounts per week to list on and then rotate to a new batch.

Like Corelene I have several in a holding pattern to use come December.

I spread sales out of 100s of accounts myself and never an issue.

You must be a picky person and well organized to pull it off.

With the recent large increases in limits we all have been getting do not get lured into the trap of selling 300 items this month and next month as you will get nailed for the SSN real quick.

** The purpose is to make money but you have to adapt to the current situations to actually make money. If you are not willing to do the extra work of spreading sales out you will find that you actually lose money by not playing the game correctly.**

madmuppet303 08-29-2013 10:52 AM

Smart A$$

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 480925)

Sometimes I wish people could get thumbs down on this forum!!!:brushteeth:

ilovemymac 08-29-2013 08:25 PM

Sandy D how do you do so many paypal? I mean how do you get the money out of 500 diff accounts? This is what id like to do is get to several stealth but the issue i was curious is how to get so many bank accounts

Laritha 08-29-2013 08:49 PM

This is EXACTLY what I've always wanted to know. Seems impossible to do

Sandy D 08-29-2013 09:06 PM

One thing I do is buy a ton of items off ebay that people have no clue what the antique or collectible item is.

Wrong category, wrong maker etc.

I usually buy 10-20 items a day almost every day and it helps me clean out a lot of paypals.

I use UPS boxes and several mom and pops to get items shipped to me.

Ex:
I bought an item last night for 225.00 and shipping. It will re sell easily for 450-500 range. So that is 225.00 out of one account quickly.

pstallone 08-30-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 480850)
The object of stealth is to stay under the radar.

There is no limit to the amount of stealth accounts you can have. Think outside the box.

A single ant is no problem, but a colony of ants can devour anything in it's path. That's what stealth accounts are. . .just think ants.

Wow, how many ebay accounts do you have?? It kind of diminishes the point of building up an ebay store, it will never really rank highly if they are so small.

pstallone 08-30-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laritha (Post 481481)

Me too, how do you create so many stealth accounts, linked to a bank accounts???

corleone 08-30-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstallone (Post 481661)
Wow, how many ebay accounts do you have?? It kind of diminishes the point of building up an ebay store, it will never really rank highly if they are so small.

Those are my ebay accounts.

I don't want to be ranked high. I have a few products I sell with are not items that most people here sell. Not your typical stealth product. Very few can compete with my prices, my only competition is ebay itself.

And to answer your other question, myself and family members have a lot of bank accounts, I'll put it that way.

corleone 08-30-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

It's not impossible, there are many ways to do it without a bank account.

I don't like to list it on an open board, and don't pm me over it, just use logic.

As long as you're willing to pay fees on the funds, you have plenty of options.

GreenBean 08-30-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

All you ever say is this

Impossible to do

It can not be done

Impossible to do

Yet the forum is testimony to the users who found the ways.

Instead of this defeatist attitude change your mind set.

Use the forum for the answers
:humble:

Sandy D 08-30-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstallone (Post 481661)

Not true.

On my main accounts with no selling limits I have stores on all of them.

On the other 100+ I dont have stores and dont need to have a store. Product sells if I am ranked or not.

My overall average sell through rate in well above 80% for 1000s of items listed per week.

pstallone 08-30-2013 06:43 PM

I under the premise I guess. it must be a nightmare listing products, opening a hundred accounts listing a few items on each. My items are a little more expensive I only sell about 100-120 items a month.

How do you change the IP for every Ebay and paypal account when you log on?

Sandy D 08-30-2013 07:18 PM

Not a nightmare at all. It depends on what you want in life.

I enjoy working hard and seeing something I bought for 10.00 sell for 250-300.

I get paid to have fun and enjoy my hobby.

Little more expensive? My average sale price on my main accounts is 300-400 with many hitting 1000 or more.

I dont have many 10-1000 accounts. I get them started and end up in a few months with accounts like I posted about the other day, raises to 300-10,000 a month.

LOL I sell sometimes 100 items a day or more. Over 1000 items per week most weeks.

Since I went to only a few BIN and run most auctions Sunday to Sunday so I am only doing invoices etc and listing items on Sunday only. Packing on Monday and done for the week other then questions.

I just set an all time yearly sales record last week and it is only August. Working on ebay 2 days a week and maybe a third if any BINs on my main no limit accounts get bought and paid.

Not paid for 3 days work on ebay.

Oh yea, I sell a ton of items on Etsy and a lot of Amazon come November and December.

Just for your info so you can learn.

I have 100s of NO LIMIT accounts. No sales limits, no holds etc.

I created a few accounts per week and start listing on them. Then dont see that account until the next month. After 2-3 months the account gets raises. After 6 months I am getting huge numbers up into the 500-15,000 or 750-30,000 on my last account I checked.

So the purpose of building baby stealths is build them over time and you will have a ton of no limit no holds accounts.

Then again you have to give out the effort and sit back and watch them grown into real money making machines.

Sandy D 08-30-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstallone (Post 481742)
I under the premise I guess. it must be a nightmare listing products, opening a hundred accounts listing a few items on each. My items are a little more expensive I only sell about 100-120 items a month.

Easily. Check out the section on how to change your ips and what to use.

I use many different ways and operate more then 10 computers at a time.

I have tables lined up with computers for certain accounts, making accounts, printing etc.

I can have 10 different IPs at once if I need to.

Sandy D 08-30-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

I now have an employee to do all the things I dont want to do such as sorting, cleaning, measuring, picture taking etc.

So on listing night all I need to do is the description, crop the pictures etc and away I go.

Can list 100's if not 1000s of items on Sunday depending on if I want to list less or more and if I want to go to Disney, the beach, Universal etc with my family.

Just put your mind to work and find a way and it will be there if you are willing to put out the effort.

Can you imagine if you had 10 accounts selling your 100 items a month? You would not be able to count all of your money. Sell on 2-3 per week
( EASY ) and you will sell 1000 items a month instead of 100.

GreenBean 08-30-2013 07:31 PM

The critical bottom line for ya'll who wonder about 'doing ebay' on any type of scale is to take time and sit down to go right over the forum.

Read the posts, Consider subscribing.

Make plans.

Revise those.

Make plans again.

Revise those again....

Make a choice about the number of accounts you would like to have.

Start off with one fully operational account. See how you can get it to work.

Make another. Move onwards.

Take no shortcuts, take no prisoners.

Beat ebay. Beat paypal.

Simply do it.

:peace:

corleone 08-31-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Listing items isn't the problem because I schedule a bunch at one time, and space them out to start with staggered timing, sometimes weeks ahead.

The hassle is shipping. Switching accounts takes a minute of two, and if you have to print labels on 50 accounts, then that alone takes over an hour, just to wait for the modem's Mac address to change.

I know that this Xmas is going to be really bad, I'll probably need to switch mac addresses 100 times per day and I'm trying to find a quicker solution, but so far, nothing great.

As far as switching IP address, that's Stealth basic's 101, I suggest you research a little more, just for basic knowledge to converse on this forum. It'd be like going onto a cooking forum and asking "how do I turn on the stove".

I don't have this many accounts because it makes it easier for me. Don't be confused, it's much more work to operate this way. This isn't a side job for me, and this isn't a hobby. This is my full time job, and I must operate this way to be successful. I work long hours, 7 days per week, but I also do very well, and I can't complain because at the end of the day it's worth it.

Sandy D 08-31-2013 11:57 AM

Some people want huge rewards for little work or effort.

If switching the IP is a time consuming issue and not worth it then those people are in need of a new job or business adventure.

Lazy people or those who dont want to put out some effort to reap crazy rewards and benefits drive me crazy.

I wonder if some of these people would actually put in a 16 hour day?

Although I put in a lot of them but it is on my terms, my time and spaced out it is still 16 hours of work. I see a few do not want to do this for no reason.

For what I have accomplished and received for my 16 hour days I will keep on doing it.

The rewards have given me and my family things not many people will ever see or have in their lifetimes so I consider myself extremely lucky.

vogeltron 09-02-2013 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corleone (Post 481862)
Listing items isn't the problem because I schedule a bunch at one time, and space them out to start with staggered timing, sometimes weeks ahead.

The hassle is shipping. Switching accounts takes a minute of two, and if you have to print labels on 50 accounts, then that alone takes over an hour, just to wait for the modem's Mac address to change.

I know that this Xmas is going to be really bad, I'll probably need to switch mac addresses 100 times per day and I'm trying to find a quicker solution, but so far, nothing great.

As far as switching IP address, that's Stealth basic's 101, I suggest you research a little more, just for basic knowledge to converse on this forum. It'd be like going onto a cooking forum and asking "how do I turn on the stove".

I don't have this many accounts because it makes it easier for me. Don't be confused, it's much more work to operate this way. This isn't a side job for me, and this isn't a hobby. This is my full time job, and I must operate this way to be successful. I work long hours, 7 days per week, but I also do very well, and I can't complain because at the end of the day it's worth it.

Very well said as well as Sandy D's comments. For lots of this is necessary. Do I wish everything was easier like it was 4-5 years ago. Limits, eBay restrictions, PayPal issues. Of course. But back to Darwin either you learn to adapt to the changing conditions and evolve or you cease to exist. Personally, I don't want a 9-5 I have been doing this for to long to give up. I have had some good years some years I have struggled. But I have worked my tail off getting to this point. If running multiple accounts is too hard then go get a job. Bitch about your hours your employer your pay etc. At least here you have the opportunity to have a say in your destiny.

I am not a doctor, lawyer, etc. I am someone who put themselves through college selling items stealth status on eBay. Got out realized the economy is crap and I don't want to kiss peoples ass for the next 5 years working for nothing hoping one day I might get a decent paying job. So this is my job. It isn't always glamorous but you get as much out as you put into it. Nobody said it is easy and if you think it is going to be kick back an no work you are kidding yourself.

glacier922 10-24-2013 03:38 AM

Re: Paypal how to avoid SSN

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 481482)
One thing I do is buy a ton of items off ebay that people have no clue what the antique or collectible item is.

Wrong category, wrong maker etc.

I usually buy 10-20 items a day almost every day and it helps me clean out a lot of paypals.

I use UPS boxes and several mom and pops to get items shipped to me.

Ex:
I bought an item last night for 225.00 and shipping. It will re sell easily for 450-500 range. So that is 225.00 out of one account quickly.

But if you buy those items, how do you receive them from all your accounts? I mean you don't have 500 ups boxes do you?