eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Pasting a layer of your real address for returns? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/65281-pasting-layer-your-real-address-returns.html)

glacier922 09-26-2013 09:52 PM

Pasting a layer of your real address for returns?

If I were to pay for shipping in returns, I can't print my real address from my PayPal stealth. Is it possible to save the label from my PayPal with the stealth address in there, save as PDF and then paste a layer of my real address there and send it to the customer to print it out themselves? I'm thinking that there may be problems in that the tracking number embedded on the barcode might be different than of course the real address. The post office might think wtf?

mercurial333 09-26-2013 11:19 PM

Re: Pasting a layer of your real address for returns?

Use a 3rd party shipping service ( Stamps.com for example ).

All your problems will be solved.

rsot 09-29-2013 07:53 AM

You could save it as PDF and send it to the customer for printing themselves - you would need their e-mail address - not via eB messaging system.

GreenBean 09-30-2013 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glacier922 (Post 489690)
If I were to pay for shipping in returns, I can't print my real address from my PayPal stealth. Is it possible to save the label from my PayPal with the stealth address in there, save as PDF and then paste a layer of my real address there and send it to the customer to print it out themselves? I'm thinking that there may be problems in that the tracking number embedded on the barcode might be different than of course the real address. The post office might think wtf?

Here's your first hurdle.

The buyer may not have a printer. May be beyond their capabilities to do the label.

Now, if there is the issue of a return, you need to step up your customer service & appear helpful. You are in containment mode. (Keep the buyer happy).

Use a third party service (stamps com as mentioned). Present the buyer with a professionally created label.

Looks good for you.

:mod:

bchrist430 09-30-2013 11:58 AM

what i do is get 50-100 labels from vista print, and put those on to cover stealth address incase of returns or post office returns. So i know i get package back if undeliveriable as well. And if customer wants return just tell them you haven't had chance to change address so send back wants on label

Sandy D 09-30-2013 10:57 PM

A lot of unnecessary work.

I have a mom and pop mail box for all returns.

If I have a return which is seldom, I send that address to the customers email address and never through ebay system.

I have them return it to

RETURNS DEPT
C/o Ebay business name
123 main st
Anytown, USA

I tell the customer you must have it post marked within 3 days of my authorization or it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.

My descriptions are also clear. Any returns must have my approval and an RMA number on each package. Any return not authorized by me and without the RMA number wont be accepted and you will not be refunded.

glacier922 10-01-2013 06:24 PM

How do you guys save a postage as pdf from stamps.com? I am trying it right now, and they make me use their own software which does not allow me to print as pdf.