file a claim? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-05-2014
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default file a claim?

hey guys I had 2 paypal files claimed, balance is in the negative needless to say. one for 900 that was bogus and the guy was just trying to pick up the car I sold early and the other was 3000 but I see his point on his. If they file a claim do they receive the money back immediately? I'm obviously not refunding anyone willingly especially if the items stated as is.

So do they recieve money right away? or how long until the claim is processed does paypal issue them funds? Considering I have nothing in my account and a stealth bank currently i'm curious how this would work.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 01-05-2014
nivo's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 347
Thanks: 8
Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via ICQ to nivo Send a message via Skype™ to nivo
Default Re: file a claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel101150 View Post
hey guys I had 2 paypal files claimed, balance is in the negative needless to say. one for 900 that was bogus and the guy was just trying to pick up the car I sold early and the other was 3000 but I see his point on his. If they file a claim do they receive the money back immediately? I'm obviously not refunding anyone willingly especially if the items stated as is.

So do they recieve money right away? or how long until the claim is processed does paypal issue them funds? Considering I have nothing in my account and a stealth bank currently i'm curious how this would work.
They hold the money from the time the account was opened. If you do not respond, the case can close as soon as one week and they receive the money when it closes, given it was decided in their favor.

If your account is neg too long they get it from any accounts associated with that paypal.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2014
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,219
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,061 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
iTrader: (12)
Default Re: file a claim?

I'm not sure how PayPal will handle those claims, but I CAN tell you that if your balance is negative and there is not enough money in the account to issue the refunds, PayPal WILL issue the refunds to the buyers and then try to get their money back by attempting to take it from your bank account or by charging any of the credit cards you have on file with them.

Deleting the information from your PayPal account will not stop that. You can never actually delete any information from PayPal - they keep the information forever - when you "delete" it, you just can't see the information on your account page. The only way to stop it is to close the bank account and cancel the credit cards.

If they cannot get the money from your bank or credit cards, they will probably send you a bill in the mail and then send your account to a collection agency 90-120 days later. At that point, the negative information would show up on your credit report.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
rebel101150 (01-06-2014)
  #4  
Old 01-06-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: file a claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivo View Post
They hold the money from the time the account was opened. If you do not respond, the case can close as soon as one week and they receive the money when it closes, given it was decided in their favor.

If your account is neg too long they get it from any accounts associated with that paypal.

Okay and if the associated accounts are empty? I pulled all funds the other day to pay bills thankfully. I assume the amount would go to collections? And does PayPal pay them instead and make you pay them and keep your account negative until then?

I'm just wondering if PayPal pays them either way if they win even if the bank accounts are empty?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-06-2014
Junior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 46%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: file a claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I'm not sure how PayPal will handle those claims, but I CAN tell you that if your balance is negative and there is not enough money in the account to issue the refunds, PayPal WILL issue the refunds to the buyers and then try to get their money back by attempting to take it from your bank account or by charging any of the credit cards you have on file with them.

Deleting the information from your PayPal account will not stop that. You can never actually delete any information from PayPal - they keep the information forever - when you "delete" it, you just can't see the information on your account page. The only way to stop it is to close the bank account and cancel the credit cards.

If they cannot get the money from your bank or credit cards, they will probably send you a bill in the mail and then send your account to a collection agency 90-120 days later. At that point, the negative information would show up on your credit report.
That's exactly the information I was looking for.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When exactly can buyers file an A-to-Z claim? JohnN Amazon 2 08-02-2012 11:19 AM
Can buyer file A-Z claim after full refund? latting Amazon X 6 12-23-2010 09:49 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts