eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal refunded because wrong tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/74495-paypal-refunded-because-wrong-tracking.html)

ilovemymac 06-16-2014 09:57 AM

Paypal refunded because wrong tracking

I had a guy in india who bought $200 item. I told the guy up front there is no tracking to INida once the package leaves the us it says so on the USPS website.
Its been 40 days still no package. If i understand when it does get there it will update but nothing in between.
Well i had printed a tracking and it didn't print so i printed another. The first one even though canceled still shows in ebay and when my customer filed a claim with paypal for non receipt paypal used the first tracking # that of course shows nothing to determine he did not receive anything.

I did some checking and found out it is very common to have a package in india get in customs and unless customs has some contact info for the customer they won't bother sending a letter stating its in customs and needs the customers attention. They will just hold it. I keep telling the customer this to go check he doesn't get it and keeps saying but the tracking says its in Chicago. He has allot of feedback no prior issues but i lost over $200 because paypal refunds him without even letting me state my side.

IS there anything i can do? I have the other tracking but paypal won't let me enter it it keeps only pulling up the first one that was canceled. Then on top of that how is it my fault that the customer won't make a call to customs and see if his package is there? I tried telling paypal thats what the post office said he needed to do but he doesn't understand and thinks it should just come to his door.
I can't lose this $200+ any ideas?

GoteBay 06-16-2014 10:04 AM

Re: Paypal refunded because wrong tracking

You have no case, even if they got the item, you lost.

I never ship to some of these countries.

Even if they pay, I will cancel transaction tell them the address cannot be verified by USPS.

SaiJin 06-16-2014 10:56 AM

Do you know that I don't even ship to any country outside of my own and even an attached neighboring country?

For an item at that price it really isn't worth the worry plus most of the sales will be in country only.

I hope this is lesson learned for you. It IS your responsibility because you decided to ship out. There is NO coverage for international shipments by Paypal even if you sent it registered.

rsot 06-16-2014 11:46 AM

You dont have much proof on your side for PP to side with you, sadly :(

yotano211 06-16-2014 12:17 PM

If you ship the package 1st class mail, that mail service does not have any protection with paypal.

1st class does not have the best tracking in the world. It normal for the tracking info to not show up anything after it leaves the US, esp. to India. With countries like Canada, UK, Australia, it does show tracking upto being delivered.

bjammin 06-16-2014 03:43 PM

I quit shipping to Russia and Israel because of this crap.

On the other hand, Canada, UK, and Australia has been nothing but a joy to deal with.

BiN4RY 06-16-2014 04:31 PM

This is pretty much why I only ship to first world countries. 4/5 times the buyers from third world countries are scammers.