eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Methods for text verification? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/79728-methods-text-verification.html)

beetleman 11-19-2014 01:48 AM

Methods for text verification?

I used Text+ when creating EB and PP accounts earlier this year. The app provided me with a number so that I was able to "clone" my iphone, and use that number to receive the initial code.

Fast forward to the present, and I have some dough in the PP account I would like to withdraw to a fresh real bank account. So when attempting to add this new bank acc to PP, they ask for phone verification. And waddaya know, the Text+ app has ceased to work.

After making a couple of tests I find out that the free app has expired, so I remove it and install a new version, and now the test works - I'm able to receive a text from another number. But when I enter this new number to PP, they say they sent me a text, but it never arrives!

I went ahead and downloaded another app - TextMe, and the same goes for it!

Are PP able to identify that the numbers are of apps and not real phones?

elmo 11-19-2014 01:59 AM

Re: Methods for text verification?

Yeah they're cracking down on forwarding services. Your best bet is to get your hands on a unique phone #. You can purchase SIM prepaid phones at almost any convenience store.

GreenBean 11-19-2014 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetleman (Post 610024)

Yes. They can & do ID them.

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/phone-n...ification.html

Might be some info to help you.

:ranger:

plumsake2 11-19-2014 12:40 PM

Yes it's very possible to tell which phones are apps and which aren't. You can even do it yourself.

Do a reverse phone lookup on whitepages by typing in a Text+ number and see what it says for the carrier: Reverse Phone Lookup - Whitepages

It even specifically says "TextPlus VoIP" for me. Other generic texting apps often appear as "Bandwidth.com", which is quite a huge difference between Tracfones which show up as a real carrier like T-mobile or AT&T.

beetleman 11-20-2014 07:10 PM

Unbelievable to where this fight has come...

So I just went to Walgreens, picked up a phone for $4.99. The bummer is that the minimum to load it was $10, but what the heck. For $15 I got a real phone, put it in PP, got the SMS and bam - real bank account added.

F#%k you eb and pp.

Thank you to all fellow stealthers.

Mrjame 11-20-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetleman (Post 610024)
I used Text+ when creating EB and PP accounts earlier this year. The app provided me with a number so that I was able to "clone" my iphone, and use that number to receive the initial code.

Fast forward to the present, and I have some dough in the PP account I would like to withdraw to a fresh real bank account. So when attempting to add this new bank acc to PP, they ask for phone verification. And waddaya know, the Text+ app has ceased to work.

After making a couple of tests I find out that the free app has expired, so I remove it and install a new version, and now the test works - I'm able to receive a text from another number. But when I enter this new number to PP, they say they sent me a text, but it never arrives!

I went ahead and downloaded another app - TextMe, and the same goes for it!

Well, free number with text+ will be expired, but you can pay for number to use forever. Burner the seem cannot receive message (am I wrong?), so I just can forward phone call with Burner. However, burner phone number will be expired after 2 week if you don't add money #.#. Maybe you try buy new phone number with Verizon, T-mous, AT&T, or Tracfone, PP can check and will not work with VOIP.

Speeder33 11-20-2014 10:27 PM

Any free service will be abused and paypal/ebay will catch on. Always best to spend the extra $10-20 and make your account look real

Dmshark25 11-21-2014 12:39 AM

Not that it's the best choice but if you have text plus on an Android phone there is an option that you can pay I think it only $5 maybe less and you retain the phone number for a whole year and I think it will renew automatically come the next year

But although you are able to operate the same TextPlus account from android to IOS (apple) there is no option to pay for the year subscription to hold the number on an apple device

So if you are going the TEXPLUS route try and borrow an android phone if you don't have one and it's worth it to hold the number for the year it might even be only $1.99 for the year

elmo 11-21-2014 01:17 AM

Pick up a pre-paid sim