New to me Paypal Hold ? - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 60%
Default Re: New to me Paypal Hold ?

That is how I feel about Amazon. As soon as you do well, they hold 30 days average sale. Next month bump it up another 20K to offset the negative they are holding and they adjust it and hold more.
The rich get richer and everyone else has to work harder and smarter.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-03-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

I likeAmazon I really just started focusing more on it this past summer and I have an account that's about 2 1/2 years old but I never made more than $500 a month in sales on because it always seemed like you had a way to months just to get paid. So this summer I upgraded to a merchant account and I just cleaned up all the payments I made everything set every two weeks I now get paid as were before every payment that came in it would change the next three weeks all the time

So on Amazon I'll just so on the second week from Tuesday to Friday and I get the disbursement Monday and that's when I ship out after I get my disbursement and I keep it around $3500 every two weeks which ain't bad for four days worth of sales

I won't point sales just exploded and I did 5000 in sales in just 2 days and the third day I did $6000 in sales and got a velocity review they held the 6000 pending but I actually did get the 5000from the first two days sales in my disbursement that Monday

And than they released the pending orders, so now I keep it to no more then 5K a disbursement

But Amazon is just so much more stable and for the seller, just the shipping estimates make the sellers look great because not only do they give realistic estimate they also put a lot of padding on it where Ebay just sets you up to fail no matter how many handling days I have or what service I choose they put fast and free 4 days just to screw you over

I realize a lot of these things that are driving me nuts are probably do to new systems and software being put in place things they need to do for when they split from eBay, but all this extra stuff along with eBays typically BS is making it just not worth it sometimes

Luckily I started putting more time in Amazon that helps big time
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Amazon holds 50+K of my money at all times.

I now just focus on items I have thousands of and then two-three days before distribution sell 4-6 $1000.00 just to keep the velocity up $$$ wise.
I brought in 2,000 pieces just for amazon for the rest of the month. Those items I 3-4x my money. I will focus more on amazon after the first of the year and adjust and tweak and see how it goes.
Old 12-03-2014

I hate how they just hold our Money, just imagine the interest Amazon and PayPal make from reserves, and limitations

I could make more on Amazon but I'd rather make less, have a consistent paycheck every two weeks and know that they are no using my hard earned money to make money for themselves with rolling reserves.

Same with tonight on eBay , last night I listed around 12 items that will end tonight and they will all end around $500, now the account hasn't had any holds since a couple weeks ago when I was getting what you were , but now I need to,worry about it and make sure I'm,logged in paypal and ready to get to my money before paypal does, so stupid, if they put that on hold I'll refund everyone , no sense of having that amount tied up in one account, especially when I can sell it on another account and why would I risk 5 K in a paypal account, you never now if they want they will hold it for 180days

The only money I'll leave in PayPal is fees, and enough to cover,a return, I been working this way since I started and never had,trouble with paypal and never had funds tied up,for 180 days , well I had a couple limitations but with nothing in the account that I was waiting for, so I'm not going to start,now

This year I'm going to shift focus a lot more towards Amazon

It's a better site, better buyers, lot more,traffic especially now with this constant manipulation of listing visibility that has been going on, and they may of always done that but not to the level that is happening this year.

Every once in a while I'll have a day here and there where just out of the blue my BIN listing will just turn on and sell out within an hour one sale after another, and as quickly as they came it's gone even faster

Now once an account is 90 days old it's almost worthless too,me, I like accounts that are between 40-80 days, my listings sell much faster Auctions a lot higher, I just need to deal with paypal holds, but what good is having no holds when u have no sales
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I am leaving all my money in paypal until after the first of the year.

Amazon is less than 1/1000 of my total sales. It just happens to be my market along with I can not make enough of big ticket items on amazon compared to ebay, so I just dont sell them there, only a few skews right before payday.
Also for me, in my industry, amazon buyers are not good. I have colleges who sell diaopers by the thouysands and have no issues. My nitch has a technical aspect and you have to know exactly what you need when you buy. It is not, hey that looks good, lets get that one! kinda deal.
More like a fitted coat.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I am leaving all my money in paypal until after the first of the year.

That is not exactly accurate. I pay out of paypal too, kinda like you pay your vendors.
Old 12-03-2014

Luckily all my suppliers take PayPal and the two that didn't I set them up a PayPal account and they been using it for a year now

I hope that instant Bank a transfers for US accounts is something that will happen soon, I heard members months ago saying they were part of a trial, I haven't heard anything since I wonder if that is going on still???

But it makes life easier that suppliers accept paypal especially in the US, IT TAKES FOREVER to cash out of our accounts, once we wait for holds to lift we than need to wait for funds to get to our Bank Accounts, and if you don't make a withdrawal by 10:30 pm eastern time on Wednesday than those funds won't be seen till Monday

Bank of America was accepting deposits Saturday , we used to be able to withdrawal by Thursday Morning no later than around 8:30Am and it would hit the bank by Saturday but now that stopped, it was one of the great features I loved about BOA

And now paypal is going out on its own and adding more holds, they expect us to run a business with the tightest cashflow

Does anyone have a US paypal that there able,to transfer funds to there bank I think it's next day???
Old 12-03-2014

Longevity: 57%

It's specially annoying for people like me that don't have a lot of cash available. I got the holds again on two of my accounts so while thousands are locked i need to take down my listings because i don't have enough money to pay for the orders. This new rule lowered my revenue by 10-20%.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
It's specially annoying for people like me that don't have a lot of cash available. I got the holds again on two of my accounts so while thousands are locked i need to take down my listings because i don't have enough money to pay for the orders. This new rule lowered my revenue by 10-20%.
Sorry to hear this.
You can not find access to private funds or transactional funding?
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I just logged into another one of my little sleeper accounts. It sold a few grand Thanksgiving, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday combined. Everything shipped Yesterday. Every single release date is December 16th. I have not seen this before.
Seems Paypal is making all sorts of experiments.
Old 12-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Sorry to hear this.
You can not find access to private funds or transactional funding?
I was thinking about it, how much would be the average monthly fee if i'll borrow 10 thousand? Never had any kind of debt in my life, not sure if i should start now, although im positive i'll make more money if i'll have more money.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemantina View Post
I was thinking about it, how much would be the average monthly fee if i'll borrow 10 thousand? Never had any kind of debt in my life, not sure if i should start now, although im positive i'll make more money if i'll have more money.
very hard to say. Do you know anyone with money? Offer up 2-3% for a month.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

The fast ways to make money in heaps is OPT(Other peoples time) and OPM(Other peoples money)
Old 12-03-2014

I hired one employee a month ago, now thinking about hiring another one but i don't have enough money yet. i'm also thinking about moving to China to find some reliable people a warehouse and some new opportunity's. I landed in AU 7 month ago so I don't know enough people that can borrow me for 2-3% but i'll try. In the worst case, the average banks rates are 5-8% am i right?
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Not sure about AU.
In USA, small business loans are cheap, but takes a lot to be approved. When I mean a lot, too slow. When I want to borrow money, I want to in ten minutes, not 90 days and I am not going to supply a SS or EIN or a signed personal guaranty. When I approach someone and tell them I need 100k and will pay them back in 45 days 103K, they jump for joy. That is 36% APR. Banks pay .77% on the higher side.....
It is a win win.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Kabbage.com used to be great. Now they are owned by a bank and are no longer an advance but a loan. I would not use them now.
I used to borrow 60K a month two years ago. I paid a flat 3% monthly. There system now sucks, requires a guaranty and is considered a loan. Not for me.... That being said, Kabbage made me a ton of money. I could get funds in seconds when a deal of a lifetime came along. I made certain criteria such as 2x or 4x my money and within x amount of days...
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

google, Private money lenders Australia.
I am sure right in your town someone lends cash for a fair transactional fee. You will have to show they what you do. It may be hard for them to understand. First fee could be high. look for the long term goal, not the cost.
Also private money lenders for real estate loan for a slew of other things too IF you show them the money. I know I can go to any city and even small town and raise capital in a few days. Buy houses, cars, businesses etc....Biggest aspect is NO BS and speak with confidence.
I wintered in Brunswick Georgia. Raised capital at a starbucks for fun. Flipped a pile of jeeps, boats, etc...and had a lot of fun while helping some else at the same time.
Old 12-03-2014

I'm not registered as a business yet and i'm too paranoid to borrow such numbers from websites maybe that's why i'm growing so slow, anyway i'll start looking into it soon.
Old 12-03-2014
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hard money lenders can be good too. I like private funds best. Hard money are rigid, at least at first and often can only lend to a LLC or Corp.
Old 02-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

PP is the DEVIL.
Old 02-03-2015

Longevity: 55%

Agreed SilentHill, never a truer name given!!