Add bank account verification call - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-20-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default Add bank account verification call

I have been trying to add a bank account to a fully verified paypal. I had lost the SIM card for the mobile number attached to it ages ago. I went to add a bank account and it said I need to complete verification by receiving a call or text, which I have done many times. As I did not have the SIM I added a new phone number and removed the old one and knew I would have to wait a few days to be able to use it to complete the verification call. I thought it was three days but its been 9 days and I still can't add the bank account and I don't even see the verification message. I just receive the message 'Sorry, we can't complete your request at this time'. It's an aged account thats a few years old. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any ideas about whether the verification message will come back? And if it does will I be able to use the new number? I'm guessing that my mistake was deleting the old number once the verification process started to appear.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-20-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Add bank account verification call

Not sure what will happen. You may have to wait for another verification message
Old 12-20-2014

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

You can try randomly u may get lucky, but it's like breaking into someone's house and the alarm goes off and your trying to enter a new password while the alarm is already going off

Usually you would need to call in to paypal and what they will do is ask,you random public Datta Base Questions to verify your Identity, and If you pass verification they will add your bank,account and the new number phone number you add should be valid for the next time they need to verify your ID

The only thing that can get u around this is if you enter a phone number that is listed with the same name and address as your PayPal account in Public records

Other than that, sometimes randomly u may bypass it using a different number at different times but it's a long shot,

If you were able to just add any number after they have security concerns it would defeat the purpose and anyone hacking into your account could just add any number and drain your account , so other than public Data matching phone number u need to call and answer public data questions to reset
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
wazzenmafadden (12-21-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 56%

OUCH well all I can say is your not the only one. I have about 30 accounts that I cant add a bank to. theres a way around it just gotta keep trying.
The Following User Says Thank You to SilentHill For This Useful Post:
wazzenmafadden (12-21-2014)
Old 12-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 15%
Longevity: 91%

The problem is that you don't have access to the original phone number. People are getting the same message on new accounts when trying to add a bank account and if you have access to the phone number its not an issue.
Something I noticed a couple of times though is that if you have a dedicated windows user account for the paypal account youre working on and if youre keeping the cookies and flash cookies then it will not request that verification a couple of days later when you attempt again to add the bank account - I guess theyre just trying to establish the history of the account on that specific device.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
rsot (12-21-2014)
Old 12-21-2014
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 9%
Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentHill View Post
OUCH well all I can say is your not the only one. I have about 30 accounts that I cant add a bank to. theres a way around it just gotta keep trying.
Wow this Phone verification thing is crazy. Haven't tried to make new stealth's in a while. Better be careful with all the accounts I have been running the past 3-6 years.
Old 12-21-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
The problem is that you don't have access to the original phone number. People are getting the same message on new accounts when trying to add a bank account and if you have access to the phone number its not an issue.
Something I noticed a couple of times though is that if you have a dedicated windows user account for the paypal account youre working on and if youre keeping the cookies and flash cookies then it will not request that verification a couple of days later when you attempt again to add the bank account - I guess theyre just trying to establish the history of the account on that specific device.
Yeah I reckon your right as I forgot to mention that I did receive the 'Sorry we don't recognise the device your using' message the first few times I had this message, which is strange because I have used the same phone to access this account for years. I am going to leave it for a bit but it's not that big of an issue as I buy loads of stuff off eBay. The questions now is if I try to add that same account that I wasn't able to add to this account to a new stealth account, would that link them? I have tried a good few times and although it hasn't been successful, is there any way for them to link the fact that I tried to add this bank account to both pay pals?