How does Paypal handle a large amount of money from 1 transaction? On a account...... - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%
Default Re: How does Paypal handle a large amount of money from 1 transaction? On a account..

I am bored listening to bleating.

Re-read what I said. I just did. I did not say 'secret storm call paypal.'
re-quote:
Then you are restricting yourself as to what you can or can not do with your paypal account or your ebay account.
You have accounts that use the systems just like everyone. Only difference is they are stealth.
Correctly created, they must withstand having to speak to paypal/ebay. It's needed at times.

I made the observation ( one I have made before) that times may require the consideration of having to talk to paypal. Of course if you selected a sublimnal message, then that's your problem.

ROFLOL
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%
Default Re: How does Paypal handle a large amount of money from 1 transaction? On a account..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I am bored listening to bleating.

Re-read what I said. I just did. I did not say 'secret storm call paypal.'
re-quote:
Then you are restricting yourself as to what you can or can not do with your paypal account or your ebay account.
You have accounts that use the systems just like everyone. Only difference is they are stealth.
Correctly created, they must withstand having to speak to paypal/ebay. It's needed at times.

I made the observation ( one I have made before) that times may require the consideration of having to talk to paypal. Of course if you selected a sublimnal message, then that's your problem.

ROFLOL
Ok well I personally would elaborate the fact that Ebay or Paypal calling you is ok but if you call them they could simply ask ' 'Hey so and so we want to ask you some questions to verify your account identity'' and they ask questions like what is your date of birth or what is the last 4 digits of your SSN. Because if they ask that and you are stealth you are screwed!

Just my opinion and that is why i never call them!
Old 02-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

what do you do when paypal/ebay does call in and starts talking. Then says, btw, I want to confirm your ID. What's your DOB & could you give me the last 4 digits of your SSN?

Old 02-05-2015

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
I would choose my words better but absolutely!

With permission and understanding paypal can be quite flexible.
Maybe it's danshan back.
Old 02-05-2015

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret storm View Post
First off all anytime Ebay or Paypal wants you to call them is one thing but when you voluntarily call them it could end up very badly. Simply from the fact that it could lead to Ebay or Paypal wanting to verify your account identity that you have no clue on what to say back to them when they ask questions about the information on the stealth account you own and that will very likely result on what ever funds in the account stuck from permanent limitation or even lead to can't verify identity with phone number. Also Like calling them to raise your selling limits when you do that you are going to be extensively looked at through a magnifying glass by Ebay if you answer the questions wrongly that will lead restricted indefinitely from selling. Even afterwards if you get accepted Ebay will be watching that account like a hawk one wrong move and that could get you an MC999 or your account restricted indefinitely from selling.

The key is to fly under the radar and not be noticed and calling them can be very troublesome. That's why i never shake the boat on any stealth account i own.

As far as my account getting limited where i would come back crying here?

Getting my Paypal account limited or an MC999 from Ebay where i need to fax them information is a walk in the park for me. I have done it dozens of times with ease and gotten my account reinstated everytime afterwards.

If Paypal holds my funds for 21 days that would be fine I would just prefer to not have the account limited with such a high amount of money in the account with having the hassle of my time and on a large amount of money like that.

Since you two are so gungho on me calling them what would you call in and say anyway? Im getting ready to sell an item that will fetch between $1,800 to $2,400 please dont put a 21 day hold or limited my account? ROFL!!!
With that amount they will 100% limit you which is why i said to call.
Old 02-05-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
First off all anytime Ebay or Paypal wants you to call them is one thing but when you voluntarily call them it could end up very badly. Simply from the fact that it could lead to Ebay or Paypal wanting to verify your account identity that you have no clue on what to say back to them when they ask questions about the information on the stealth account you own and that will very likely result on what ever funds in the account stuck from permanent limitation or even lead to can't verify identity with phone number. Also Like calling them to raise your selling limits when you do that you are going to be extensively looked at through a magnifying glass by Ebay if you answer the questions wrongly that will lead restricted indefinitely from selling. Even afterwards if you get accepted Ebay will be watching that account like a hawk one wrong move and that could get you an MC999 or your account restricted indefinitely from selling.

The key is to fly under the radar and not be noticed and calling them can be very troublesome. That's why i never shake the boat on any stealth account i own.

As far as my account getting limited where i would come back crying here?

Getting my Paypal account limited or an MC999 from Ebay where i need to fax them information is a walk in the park for me. I have done it dozens of times with ease and gotten my account reinstated everytime afterwards.

If Paypal holds my funds for 21 days that would be fine I would just prefer to not have the account limited with such a high amount of money in the account with having the hassle of my time and on a large amount of money like that.

Since you two are so gungho on me calling them what would you call in and say anyway? Im getting ready to sell an item that will fetch between $1,800 to $2,400 please dont put a 21 day hold or limited my account? ROFL!!!
I don't understand where this is going now - but there have been numerous educated replies to your original post.

Irregular amount transactions will can trigger a hold on funds.

IF SO calling can help at times after sale is made to speed up release.

ALSO not calling can leave you under the radar and money will naturally release after the 21 days if no problems AND avoid potential further questioning.

Are you waiting for a member to say there will be no problem with said sale for you to make the listing?

Because there is quite a few variables.

Personally I would consider other options ie Bank Deposit etc.. but that's just me.
Old 02-05-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Ok well I personally would elaborate the fact that Ebay or Paypal calling you is ok but if you call them they could simply ask ' 'Hey so and so we want to ask you some questions to verify your account identity'' and they ask questions like what is your date of birth or what is the last 4 digits of your SSN. Because if they ask that and you are stealth you are screwed!

Just my opinion and that is why i never call them!
If you call in they may ask you questions about information already on the account to make sure it is you, like your full Bank Account Number, full CC, address, email and phone number

But they won't ask your SS# , they only ask that if they need to speak to you and there is already a security issue on the table

And of they out of the blue did ask for your SS# when u call in, just say you do not give that information out, and would prefer another question for identification purposes

Like I said they most likely won't ask you for a SS# if you call in and it's not information already given on your account , but if they did that response would be enough for them to ask another question
The Following User Says Thank You to Dmshark25 For This Useful Post:
yankee (02-05-2015)
Old 02-05-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaappeal View Post
I don't understand where this is going now - but there have been numerous educated replies to your original post.

Irregular amount transactions will can trigger a hold on funds.

IF SO calling can help at times after sale is made to speed up release.

ALSO not calling can leave you under the radar and money will naturally release after the 21 days if no problems AND avoid potential further questioning.

Are you waiting for a member to say there will be no problem with said sale for you to make the listing?

Because there is quite a few variables.

Personally I would consider other options ie Bank Deposit etc.. but that's just me.
I wanted to see there replies to why I should be calling Ebay or Paypal.

I agree with most of what you have said and like i said earlier a 21 day hold is fine and not a problem for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmshark25 View Post
If you call in they may ask you questions about information already on the account to make sure it is you, like your full Bank Account Number, full CC, address, email and phone number

But they won't ask your SS# , they only ask that if they need to speak to you and there is already a security issue on the table

And of they out of the blue did ask for your SS# when u call in, just say you do not give that information out, and would prefer another question for identification purposes

Like I said they most likely won't ask you for a SS# if you call in and it's not information already given on your account , but if they did that response would be enough for them to ask another question
That is true but if you seem conspicuous like when you call to request higher selling limits they can start asking questions like that and even if you say you dont want to give information like my SSN they will start asking other questions that most people probably cant answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
what do you do when paypal/ebay does call in and starts talking. Then says, btw, I want to confirm your ID. What's your DOB & could you give me the last 4 digits of your SSN?

I actually have found a way that is expensive and sometimes works to get around there questions but it is a hit and miss and is not bulletproof. If you really want to know PM me I wouldn't mind telling you since you help me so much.
Old 02-06-2015

Longevity: 55%

You still on with this secretstorm! If this was really going to work do you not think everyone would be selling items worth around $1500, the fact that people do not do this should be telling you all the answers you need.
Old 02-06-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
You still on with this secretstorm! If this was really going to work do you not think everyone would be selling items worth around $1500, the fact that people do not do this should be telling you all the answers you need.
I think a very big factor to this is that most of us don't have higher dollar items that are profitable to sell on ebay or at all.

I personally would test it for sure!
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
RosieTosie (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
With that amount they will 100% limit you which is why i said to call.
Doubt it. I just received two payments, one for $2480 and one for $2000, and they merely had the 21 day hold on them. Funds released in 7 days, withdrawal took 72hrs. Paypal acct is still up and running. The account is only 30 days old.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
secret storm (02-06-2015), yankee (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

You need to build Accounts well, you know they are Stealth, the trick is to make everyone else think they are your one and only account, and when accounts are maid solid than they will stand
Old 02-06-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Doubt it. I just received two payments, one for $2480 and one for $2000, and they merely had the 21 day hold on them. Funds released in 7 days, withdrawal took 72hrs. Paypal acct is still up and running. The account is only 30 days old.
But you have been building this account up with those amounts of money in mind wtfebay, if the rest of us who haven't even go anything worth £100 to sell presently, if we suddenly started to list items that were over $2000 we would be suspended. Incidentally were these two items sold as auctions that you had much lower starting prices on and they then brought in enough bids to drive then up to these prices, or were they even BIN listings?
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
But you have been building this account up with those amounts of money in mind wtfebay, if the rest of us who haven't even go anything worth £100 to sell presently, if we suddenly started to list items that were over $2000 we would be suspended. Incidentally were these two items sold as auctions that you had much lower starting prices on and they then brought in enough bids to drive then up to these prices, or were they even BIN listings?
These were off-ebay transactions. I havent had any ebay transactions pass through this account yet. If it went through ebay i am pretty sure it wouldve been the same story.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
yankee (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Im not on with anything mate i'm expressing my views on things i observe. I personally wasn't sure of what a very large transaction would do for middle aged accounts but well aware of large transactions from old seasoned accounts with a very long selling history and as its already been said so many times if you read through the thread you can move large amounts of money through middle aged accounts just be sure to expect Paypal to put a temporary hold on the funds. You must have never had large transactions like that to know lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
So it took 7 days for Paypal to release your funds from your account when you added the tracking number.

I have 2 questions for you when you withdrew the money from Paypal did you withdraw all of your money from the account at one time? I personally withdraw the money gradually from my Paypal accounts especially if its a large amount of money like that.

Also you said it took your bank 72 hours to receive the funds in your bank account was that 72 hours straight of business days? Or did you initiate a withdraw late on a Sunday night?
Old 02-06-2015

Quote:
So it took 7 days for Paypal to release your funds from your account when you added the tracking number.

I have 2 questions for you when you withdrew the money from Paypal did you withdraw all of your money from the account at one time? I personally withdraw the money gradually from my Paypal accounts especially if its a large amount of money like that.

Also you said it took your bank 72 hours to receive the funds in your bank account was that 72 hours straight of business days? Or did you initiate a withdraw late on a Sunday night?
It took 7 days for the funds to become available because it was the shipping time plus 3 days after being delivered. You know...the standard stuff just like with ebay sales. After it was available, they were pending for 72 hours in paypal before showing as completed. After they completed, it was in the bank next day. Let me clarify again....the withdrawal was in PENDING status for 72 hours in paypal before it showed as COMPLETED. Once it was completed, funds were in the bank next day.

I never "gradually" withdraw funds. I take the whole thing out at once. If theyre going to can you, theyre going to can you...whether you take out crapshoot amounts or the entire amount.
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
colt63 (02-06-2015)