eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   how to prevent not as described... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/85041-how-prevent-not-described.html)

Gamefreak 04-22-2015 11:19 PM

how to prevent not as described...

So an iPhone 6 plus to someone they paid with paypal. Their address and everything looks good confirmed but i don't usually deal with paypal or eBay so I just wanted to ask for those of you that may sell a lot of iPhones.

The iPhone sold is sealed never opened, how do i go about preventing a not as described case which would be the only way i can lose a case or something?

I plan to ship with UPS, insurance and tracking with signature conformation but is that good enough? or is there something else i would need to do to protect myself...

skyline 04-23-2015 12:42 AM

Re: how to prevent not as described...

Are you assuming the buyer might scam you?

Dan T. 04-23-2015 01:11 AM

Never sold any smartphones on EB before, but, I would simply check some top listings that do really well with the item that I intend to sell.

You can learn a thing or two from checking similar listings to yours and get an idea of what's important to include in your listing.

All the best.

Gamefreak 04-23-2015 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline (Post 662181)
Are you assuming the buyer might scam you?

with paypal u never know thats the thing. better be safe than sorry, no?

GreenBean 04-23-2015 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 662175)
So an iPhone 6 plus to someone they paid with paypal. Their address and everything looks good confirmed but i don't usually deal with paypal or eBay so I just wanted to ask for those of you that may sell a lot of iPhones.

The iPhone sold is sealed never opened, how do i go about preventing a not as described case which would be the only way i can lose a case or something?

I plan to ship with UPS, insurance and tracking with signature conformation but is that good enough? or is there something else i would need to do to protect myself...

Take all the relevant info of the phone... imei, all serial numbers you can think of. Set your buyers' preferences strictly. Nothing international ( even Canada).
More photos than a kid's birthday party.
Make the listing something you would like to buy yourself....

TGMT² 04-23-2015 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 662175)
or is there something else i would need to do to protect myself...

Any purchase of $300. or more that I sell requires a phone call to the customer. I tell the customer that the call is to verify that they actually ordered and to verify the correct address.

I make the customer feel that I'm doing them a favor that nobody has used their PayPal account to order goods. And believe it or not, 90% of them actually Thank me at the end of the conversation. :)

If I can't get a hold of the customer, I flat out won't ship it. Better safe than sorry unless you are willing to absorb the (possible) loss.

just_smile 04-23-2015 02:56 AM

if the buyer sends back a different phone or an empty box, yiu will always be made to refund no matter what precautions you take.

Phones are a minefield for this in the Uk.

For that reason I would never sell one on ebay, unless it was cash on collection.

Of course thousands of sales are genuine, but.i would only sell something.that I can affprd to lose on ebay.

Callidus 04-23-2015 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TGMT² (Post 662197)
Any purchase of $300. or more that I sell requires a phone call to the customer. I tell the customer that the call is to verify that they actually ordered and to verify the correct address.

I make the customer feel that I'm doing them a favor that nobody has used their PayPal account to order goods. And believe it or not, 90% of them actually Thank me at the end of the conversation. :)

If I can't get a hold of the customer, I flat out won't ship it. Better safe than sorry unless you are willing to absorb the (possible) loss.

Perfect way to play it :thumb:

rsot 04-23-2015 03:51 AM

Agree - communication - get in contact with the buyer and show that you are in the "know" for protection

mufc365 04-23-2015 12:52 PM

I've sold a lot of mobile phones and never had any issues. You will get some scammers mind you. Take a look at the buyers Feedback's and how long they have been a member on Ebay for. Also check the feedback's they have left for other sellers.

Make a note of the IMEI number and keep that with you, along with the pictures of the phone and a picture of the IMEI number. Just in case they try stating you sold them a blocked phone.

Dmshark25 04-23-2015 01:30 PM

Like mentioned in a previous post , set high buyer preferences under "site preferences"

You can block buyers with more than 2 cases in 6'months , no PayPal, not in country u ship to , etc... And these can be made strict or more loose

Set them as high as you can, and ship just to 48 States, no PO BOX, or Hawaii, Alaska, etc...

And than get the info from your phone and signature confirmation, and insurance.

Setting your buyer preferences and shipping will eliminate most problems