Does paypal readd bank account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-03-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 54%
Default Does paypal readd bank account

So heres my story. I sell some high risk items but had a stealth account going fine. Got a call from the bank I was using because of mismatched names. Account was still going strong so I figured why risk it. So I pulled off the bank account to let it sit for a bit. During this time one of my buyers emails me with some sob story of how he cant afford the item right now and wants to return it. I tell him that it had been over a month and I wasnt going to accept a return to which he basically told me if i didnt give him a refund he was going to file a bogus claim. Which of course he does and of course paypal sides with him. He claims he never received the item and paypal claims its not his signature. He lives in a apt and the signature clearly says doorman. So paypal debits my money and puts me in negative. At this point im furious and quite frankly am just thinking of walking away from the paypal account. I have paid my fees on it, there is a VCC and as I said no bank account. Now I know that bank account can never be used again but if i removed it paypal cant attempt to withdraw money from me correct? I know they might try to do it if the bank account was still on there but with it off theres not really much they can do right?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Does paypal readd bank account

I mean re-add. As in will they put a removed bank account back onto an account without consent if that wasnt clear.
Old 06-03-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Technically, they are NOT supposed to do this. And it has NOT happened to me, personally. However, I HAVE heard stories about it happening. So, I would err on the side of caution.

Keep in mind, I do not know if those stories are true or not. But if it were me, I would ask the bank to close that account and open a new one. Just say your computer had a virus and the tech who fixed it told you it was one of the bad ones that steals account information. Most banks will be happy to do this for you.
Old 06-03-2015

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

If you remove the Account than paypal cannot go into your bank, even when I remove it as a funding source, they never dipped into my bank account, because you are removing it from any agreement.

But for pease of mind call your bank if your not using it for anything else, just tell them to block any withdrawals for now, and when ur ready to use it again u can tell them to lift the block

Also if you have messages or emails of the buyers threats and buyers remorse, email that to paypal where they admit to have received the item and say they need the money and want to return it, and will make up a claim if not
Old 06-14-2015
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

You can call the bank and tell them to stop payment on any ach withdrawals from paypal id rahter have a negative pp acct than a negative bank acct weith a 35 insufficient funds fee they do it for me all the time