Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-03-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

For those with Paypal BUSINESS accounts, I am sure you are well aware of your monthly RELEASE LIMIT (unless you have an unrestricted aged account). This is the limit of funds that will be released immediately to you when payments are received. Anything above this amount will have the normal "21 day holds" applied.

There is an option in Paypal on your trending sales page that says "request increase". The purpose of this is if your business is growing and you want to expand your funds availability, you underprojected your monthly or yearly sales, or you feel that your monthly release limit is too low (like if you are stuck at $500 before having holds.)

I know 98% of you here are scared to call Paypal or Ebay. Think that your account will burst into flames if you click the wrong thing, or break out into a sweat when you see an email pop up from one of the two. I've never had any worries like that. I have always called Ebay and Paypal any time that I have needed anything, had any questions, etc. So what I am about to tell you wasn't hard for me to do.

I pushed the button. I did. It was just so big and blue...I was prompted with a drop box to provide the reason for requesting an increase to my monthly release limit. I selected my reason. It then asks you how much of an increase in sales that you are expecting...I only selected 10k-14,999 as this was a moderate number. Click submit and get a message saying they will review it and email you with the outcome within 3 business days.

An hour later, I received an email. "CONGRATULATIONS!" was the first word in the subject line. My request had been approved.....beyond my wildest imagination. My old release limit was $32.5k per month. I haven't hit that in monthly sales yet, but it was good to not have any holds. My NEW release limit is now $97.5k....yes, an increase of $65k per month. I had only stated an increase in sales of $10k-14,999 so this came as a major shock.

A few things to note. My account is about 1.5 months old...same with the ebay account. I have about 40 transactions at about $2500 total sales. HOWEVER, my customer service has been impeccable. I ship SAME DAY if the auction ends early enough, next day otherwise. No negative feedback, no returns, 5.0 DSR's across the board, fees paid on time, etc. Hard work pays off. Period.

They didn't have to approve my request, hell I didn't really need it. The reason they approved it? "Good Customer Relations"...I can see it right there on my sales graph page. It shows that I requested an increase, it was approved, the reason they approved it, what my new release limit is and what my old release limit was. I can even request another increase in 30 days if I wanted to.

This type of increase isn't going to just happen, you need to request it. If you aren't a "risk taker" and too scared to click buttons, email or call "the bad guys", etc. then you're missing out. Just because you're "stealth" doesn't change anything. I've said it before, I'll say it now and keep saying it.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 07-03-2015
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,900
Thanks: 4,655
Thanked 7,177 Times in 6,542 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Nicely done wtfebay - not sure about your 98% statistic source but anyhow ....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Nicely done wtfebay - not sure about your 98% statistic source but anyhow ....
98% is an over exaggeration, however a majority of members swear by not calling ebay or paypal ever, fear monger, etc. Thats the same advice thats given time and time again, dont call, dont do this dont do that. So people dont and they are scared to. I say...treat your accounts like they are your own, because they ARE your own. Whether the name is yours or not.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
james13v (07-06-2015), yankee (07-04-2015)
  #4  
Old 07-03-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 36
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 34%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Thanks wtfebay for your sharing. May I ask what was your eBay selling limit when you first started to sell? Most new accounts get 5/$500, 10/$1000 or something like that. You seam to have a high limit at the start. How did you do that? I am dying to know. Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv1000 View Post
Thanks wtfebay for your sharing. May I ask what was your eBay selling limit when you first started to sell? Most new accounts get 5/$500, 10/$1000 or something like that. You seam to have a high limit at the start. How did you do that? I am dying to know. Thanks
Selling limit is 1000/$25000. I started with this limit, and the account is only one and a half months old. 95% of my accounts are 1000/$25000 accounts. The other 5% are 5/$500 and I just disregard those and move on to creating other accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-04-2015
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,900
Thanks: 4,655
Thanked 7,177 Times in 6,542 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Nice limits indeed 1000
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-04-2015
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,812
Thanks: 2,511
Thanked 281 Times in 231 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

wtfebay sounding a lot like GOA in this thread lol...

also hey those 5/500 accts you trash I ll gladly take off your hands
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-04-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

I dont know why everyone says theyll take the 5/500s...I have used 3 of them and they never get increases. I max them out, apply all of my account building techniques....no increase. So I dont bother with those accounts anymore. Not worth attaching a bank account to an account so small that wont increase 😧
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-04-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 924
Thanks: 36
Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Does all new business accounts get release limits now? It used to be off and on.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-04-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,654
Thanks: 311
Thanked 296 Times in 237 Posts
Activity: 46%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

The main reason why this forums main stance on calling eBay is NOT recommended is because we have NO idea how YOU created YOUR account.

I'm not speaking to you specifically OP just in a general sense. If you create your account properly with 0 errors, you shouldn't have problems calling in. BUT when you call in the thing is your ALWAYS leaving your account open to scrutiny. Again if your doing a good job like OP is then you shouldn't have alot to worry about.

The other main thing is....we all have different levels of communication skills. If you can't call in and confidently sound like your stealth self, then don't call in. Simple as that.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-04-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
Does all new business accounts get release limits now? It used to be off and on.
If they don't like the DOB and last four SSN you put in, you will be given a $500 release limit with a message saying they were unable to verify you. You must then send in verifying documents IF you want the limit increased past $500. Therefore, the first $500 you receive per month will not have any holds and be available immediately. After $500, you will have the usual holds.

Create the account properly and you can get higher release limits. I have seen up to $100,000 release limit on a brand new account.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-04-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
The main reason why this forums main stance on calling eBay is NOT recommended is because we have NO idea how YOU created YOUR account.

I'm not speaking to you specifically OP just in a general sense. If you create your account properly with 0 errors, you shouldn't have problems calling in. BUT when you call in the thing is your ALWAYS leaving your account open to scrutiny. Again if your doing a good job like OP is then you shouldn't have alot to worry about.

The other main thing is....we all have different levels of communication skills. If you can't call in and confidently sound like your stealth self, then don't call in. Simple as that.
The general consensus shouldn't automatically be "don't call ebay" though. Regardless if someone has poor communication skills or what have you. That would mean that people who created their accounts properly and have good communication skills are too scared to call so they lose their account or they don't use it to its full potential.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-04-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,654
Thanks: 311
Thanked 296 Times in 237 Posts
Activity: 46%
Longevity: 43%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
The general consensus shouldn't automatically be "don't call ebay" though. Regardless if someone has poor communication skills or what have you. That would mean that people who created their accounts properly and have good communication skills are too scared to call so they lose their account or they don't use it to its full potential.
Your missing my point.

Ignorance is bliss.

You don't know you didn't create a account good until its lasted over a period of time. So telling people to call in and opening there account to scrutiny is stupid. Communication play an enormous factor. Not everyone can commit to being their "stealth name" on the phone.

So blatantly telling a new member to call eBay is wrong and if you do it, plenty of members will discourage the OP not to.

I do call eBay but I know what I'm doing. We ALL sell different products, WE all have different stories within our own accounts. Its silly to generalize a issue and say "call eBay to fix it". If OP was selling watches and was new to the forum and we all said "call eBay" as a response to their issue, do you really think their account will NOT be scrutinized more than account that sells books?

I can guarantee you theres a reason why the aged members here say what they say. They're top of the line sellers on eBay who have seen the same threads pop up time and time again.

I have no idea how long you have been watching this forum, based on your longevity not long. I was looking at the forum a year before I joined. I know what I'm talking about.

My point is, just because something works for you DOES NOT mean it will work for someone else. If you understand even the basic principles of stealth, that should make sense.

Last edited by solefoodbk; 07-04-2015 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-05-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

I used to be on this board in 2011. I was actually on another board as well that I wont mention. In 2013, I stopped selling on ebay because I had other priorities with my job which required travel. In that time I forgot all about this forum and dont remember my old login, which is why I created a new one. Dont act like someone is new to stealth just because they are new to a forum. I have been doing stealth since 2006. It may not have been the same principals that I apply at this very time, but I am by no means a n00b. Sorry to burst your bubble. I was simply saying there really is no reason to be scared to call ebay or paypal. If your sh*t is in order, there wont be an issue. Its a judgement call on the seller themselves...if they want to call, they have that option. If they arent confident, simply dont call. Its not rocket science.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-05-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

I think many don't call because of fear. I don't even think it is because they are afraid to lose access to there account. I've seen guys with limited paypals or restricted ebays afraid to call. At some point you say you have nothing to lose. Honestly if your account is 5/500 you aren't losing much if a call goes bad anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-05-2015
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 66
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Selling limit is 1000/$25000. I started with this limit, and the account is only one and a half months old. 95% of my accounts are 1000/$25000 accounts. The other 5% are 5/$500 and I just disregard those and move on to creating other accounts.
I have a bunch of 1000/25000 accounts but I'm not getting them at a 95% rate. You have any secret to get them at that kind of success.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-06-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmansback View Post
I have a bunch of 1000/25000 accounts but I'm not getting them at a 95% rate. You have any secret to get them at that kind of success.
There is a certain way I create accounts. If I deviate from this, I end up with a 5/500. I have learned what causes the lower limit accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-06-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 924
Thanks: 36
Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
There is a certain way I create accounts. If I deviate from this, I end up with a 5/500. I have learned what causes the lower limit accounts.
Well, why not share then?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-06-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
Well, why not share then?
Not going to happen. How about all account sellers share their methods? Again, not going to happen.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfebay For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (03-31-2018)
  #20  
Old 07-06-2015
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 58,900
Thanks: 4,655
Thanked 7,177 Times in 6,542 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 77%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
Well, why not share then?
If things get shared too openly...they get axed too openly.

Experiment and try things out - all the best
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-07-2015
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 924
Thanks: 36
Thanked 57 Times in 52 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
If they don't like the DOB and last four SSN you put in, you will be given a $500 release limit with a message saying they were unable to verify you. You must then send in verifying documents IF you want the limit increased past $500. Therefore, the first $500 you receive per month will not have any holds and be available immediately. After $500, you will have the usual holds.

Create the account properly and you can get higher release limits. I have seen up to $100,000 release limit on a brand new account.
It doesn't always work that way. I was getting release limits for awhile, but I have not gotten one in at least a month now.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-07-2015
Senior Member
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 908
Thanks: 7
Thanked 175 Times in 119 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 38%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Paypal Business AMOUNT RELEASE Increase. MAINTAIN GOOD CUSTOMER RELATIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2 View Post
It doesn't always work that way. I was getting release limits for awhile, but I have not gotten one in at least a month now.
How many payments did you accept on the ones with no release limit? I created a business account that didnt show a release limit at first, didnt send me an email about it either. Couple days later it finally popped up with a $500 release.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick way to increase amount I can list?? Rubberdog eBay Suspensions 33 10-24-2018 05:51 AM
What amount is good for first sale ? testdog Subscriber Discussions 3 02-11-2013 01:19 AM
Is there an amount limit w/ someone sending large Paypal amount under GIFT option? inquisition PayPal Talk 2 08-26-2011 02:55 PM
The minimum amount to spend to get a good deal? ibanez13 Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers 12 10-19-2010 02:57 PM
Survey Results Part 4 - eBay Changes to Buyer-Seller Relations eBayNews eBay News 0 08-06-2009 07:10 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts