eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Another "we don't recognize this device" thread (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/89253-another-we-dont-recognize-device-thread.html)

Breakthecycle2 09-10-2015 11:56 AM

Another "we don't recognize this device" thread

I'm getting so sick of this crap. I had three limitations placed on one account in 7 days. Two change password and security questions and one upload a photo ID. I did. All three times the account got restored. Now, when I tried to add a bank account, I got the "we dont recognize this device" message. The original phone number expired. I called them and they told me they would "escalate" it to their IT department to get the flag removed on my IP address. Does any of this make sense? Is there anything else I can do?

slokor 09-10-2015 12:08 PM

Re: Another "we don't recognize this device" thread

Not much.
Sounds like the IP solution youre using might be an issue if you got hit 3 times with a limitation while using it.

Breakthecycle2 09-10-2015 12:15 PM

Ive been using a T-Mobile hotspot. What else can I use here?

meriscope 09-10-2015 01:54 PM

I remember same warning message was received when my web browser automatically clean cookies.

burke 09-10-2015 01:58 PM

you might have someone else in your area who used t-mobile hotspot who burned your ips your getting already just a thought

Breakthecycle2 09-10-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meriscope (Post 703568)
I remember same warning message was received when my web browser automatically clean cookies.

Yeah, I have Chrome set to NOT clean cookies automatically.

plumsake2 09-10-2015 04:17 PM

What bank is this?

Tmobile IPs should be fine, but I personally don't use their hotspots because of their incredibly small amount of IPs. It is entirely possible as burke mentioned, for there to be some dirty IPs in there due to there not being a lot available.

Also, if you were using a Tracfone, they keep your number available you for at least a month even after you've run out of service days. I've even gone two and a half months without service with a Tracfone and when I reactivated it, I still had the original number. If it hasn't been too long, try to contact whoever you got your phone number from to see if the number is still available.

Breakthecycle2 09-10-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plumsake2 (Post 703616)
What bank is this?

Tmobile IPs should be fine, but I personally don't use their hotspots because of their incredibly small amount of IPs. It is entirely possible as burke mentioned, for there to be some dirty IPs in there due to there not being a lot available.

Also, if you were using a Tracfone, they keep your number available you for at least a month even after you've run out of service days. I've even gone two and a half months without service with a Tracfone and when I reactivated it, I still had the original number. If it hasn't been too long, try to contact whoever you got your phone number from to see if the number is still available.

The account was purchased over a year ago. I got it secondhand.

ebayerOG 09-10-2015 07:21 PM

has anyone ever tried registering a tracfone with the stealth information? instead of clicking skip at the bottom of the registration page?

jjjjj 09-10-2015 07:43 PM

Have you tried to add the bank over the phone? You don't need to talk to someone to do it you can do it through the bot that picks up

empirestate 09-10-2015 07:57 PM

I try to keep the original number active to avoid problems like these.

Breakthecycle2 09-10-2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjjj (Post 703693)
Have you tried to add the bank over the phone? You don't need to talk to someone to do it you can do it through the bot that picks up

They manually added the bank, but now its even when I send money as well.

sax4 09-14-2015 05:04 AM

I have this problem also, I think because I cleared cookies from the last day

hazy 09-16-2015 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayerOG (Post 703680)
has anyone ever tried registering a tracfone with the stealth information? instead of clicking skip at the bottom of the registration page?

I tried, it didn't help.

sax4 09-16-2015 04:15 AM

Ok I found the solution. Download the PayPal app for your smartphone. I deleted my real Google account from my Android phone and used the Google account that was registered to the stealth account. Boom, it worked.

SilentHill 09-16-2015 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 705316)
Ok I found the solution. Download the PayPal app for your smartphone. I deleted my real Google account from my Android phone and used the Google account that was registered to the stealth account. Boom, it worked.

Please this is bad advice.

OP are you saving Cookies ? ?

Sounds like a short history problem.

Have you tried Calling PP from a registered phone and speaking to the paypal robot (with Human Voice ) instead of ( Real ) person to add a bank. ?

sax4 09-16-2015 04:54 AM

Why is it bad advice?

SilentHill 09-16-2015 04:59 AM

Because any APP allows access to the following :

your phone and email contacts
call logs
internet data
calendar data
data about the device’s location
the device’s unique IDs

So yes It might be a quick fix but might hurt in the long run.

sax4 09-16-2015 05:05 AM

Only thing I saw problematic was Gmail information. I removed Gmail account afterwards. I doubt during that time they would have downloaded all my info. Some people are more cautious than others though

Jonnydoe 10-27-2015 10:34 PM

Hello everybody!
Today I have got this message
Can I now change phone number in PP account to withdraw funds?

Laritha 10-31-2015 02:22 PM

My problem is that my phone number is still active, but the screen doesn't give me an option to select a phone number to call/text. This is a pain in the butt

empirestate 10-31-2015 06:52 PM

You must have the original number registered with Paypal to avoid this problem.