eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal Doesn't Recongize Computer Wants to Send Code (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-talk/90359-paypal-doesnt-recongize-computer-wants-send-code.html)

Tjmcnich 10-16-2015 05:58 PM

Paypal Doesn't Recongize Computer Wants to Send Code

For some reason Paypal doesn't recognize my computer and wants to send me a verification code to the phone number on my account. I no longer have that phone number. Currently It wont allow me to transfer funds to my account until I do this. Any advice? Would upgrading to business account be a good idea? I do already have an EIN that paypal has.

Thanks!

MM78 10-16-2015 06:01 PM

Re: Paypal Doesn't Recongize Computer Wants to Send Code

You could upgrade to GOD Account...won't matter. I've heard rumors that if you use the PayPal App it might work.

MM78 10-16-2015 06:02 PM

Just an FYI to everyone:
THIS IS WHY YOU KEEP AN ACTIVE NUMBER!

Tjmcnich 10-16-2015 06:04 PM

That's it the account is just done for?

MM78 10-16-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjmcnich (Post 714219)
That's it the account is just done for?

Don't know.....You can try the Phone App or you could "TRY" adding a new Number and wait and see if Paypal will send the code to the new number. Someone else said to try a new Browser.

I personally tried:
1. Phone App - didn't work
2. New Browser - didn't work

BUT it could work for you.

Tjmcnich 10-16-2015 06:15 PM

O this isn't good

slokor 10-16-2015 07:04 PM

If all else fails youll need to call paypal to override this security measure of theirs.
Make sure before you do that to add a secondary phone number which is active.

MM78 10-16-2015 07:14 PM

I've called as well...and they immediately wanted to put me through the Database Questions.....

sunnytown 10-16-2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tjmcnich (Post 714216)
For some reason Paypal doesn't recognize my computer and wants to send me a verification code to the phone number on my account. I no longer have that phone number. Currently It wont allow me to transfer funds to my account until I do this. Any advice? Would upgrading to business account be a good idea? I do already have an EIN that paypal has.

Thanks!

How old is the account? What are you trying to do when you got this message? Are you trying to send money to someone, withdraw from bank, or just buying something online?

sunnytown 10-16-2015 08:09 PM

Just wondering, how do you prevent this "doesn't recognize device" from happening anyway? Did you all guys who got this message really used a new computer or freshly installed operating system and got this?

Just got this on one of my accounts 5 years old, same os, same hardware then one day I got this, don't have the phone now too since that is so long ago. But all other accounts are still working fine. Very strange of paypal...

epimetheus039 10-16-2015 11:46 PM

What you can do is to call them and say that the phone number is no longer valid but they will ask for ID as well as Utility bill/Bank Statement.

Tjmcnich 10-17-2015 04:41 AM

What if I upgrade to a business account and add all my real LLC information which is all legit?

Tjmcnich 10-17-2015 07:08 AM

Problem fixed. I closed down my computer for the night, turned it on this morning and was able to withdrawal like normal. So this was either a cookies issue or a paypal issue. not sure which one.

solefoodbk 10-17-2015 02:50 PM

Same thing with me.

I called in 3 days ago and they opened up a "ticket" that expires today. Last night I had a rep do a "manual review", of course I've yet to get a email showing the funds withdrawn so its doubtful they even have.

Its absurd because if we are telling them they is THEIR error then it NEEDS to be fixed. When a problem like this happens at a bank they HAVE ways to over ride things that don't normally get overwritten. This is software 101, why have something set up that if it fails YOU CAN'T OVERRIDE the system.

:ballchain:

I'm going to be pissed if I log into my account tonight and see my money still there and still can't withdraw.

For the record, even accounts where you verify it threw phone it can still keep showing as "unrecognized". Its a system glitch that somehow certain accounts get caught in and unless someone in paypal manually fixes it, we can't do ANYTHING on our ends.

dealagreeproceed 10-17-2015 02:53 PM

pp tryna hold that dough for long as possible :mad:

THE STEALTH MASTER 10-17-2015 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 714227)
I've called as well...and they immediately wanted to put me through the Database Questions.....

This happens to me as well.

sax4 10-17-2015 05:05 PM

Seems to be happening a lot lately. The app option sometimes works

solefoodbk 10-18-2015 02:23 AM

Well... not sure if the rep last night lied to me or what but his "manual withdrawal" did absolutely nothing. Logged into my account tonight and still had ALL my funds there.

But..........

Unless it was a coincidence, my ticket is expired today and I DID withdraw my money with 0 issues.

I just tell them if they ask me that, that when I created my account already went threw your questions, same with eBay and FAILED. Why?? Because I am young and move a lot, its really that simple. They can't argue it and they can't force you to take the questions.

Be advised though that if you let them actually start asking you, they on their end can say you failed and that COULD flag your account for a review, and not a good one. Just be firm and don't no for a answer. Its THEIR fault it is happening NOT ours. They can't force us based off THEIR mistake to take THEIR questions to withdraw OUR money.

Arabicmun 10-18-2015 03:40 AM

Listen my suggestion
log out from paypal
and then click on forget password link
reset your password and then try to withdraw it work some time